Argentina denounced the UK for the nuclear submarines sent to the Falklands islands

Feb 25, 2013 Full story: M24 Digital 16

Today, the Argentine Government accused the United Kingdom to send nuclear-armed submarines to the Falkland Islands, violating international treaties that establish that the area should remain nuclear-free. "We are in a precarious stage of implementation of the Treaty of Tlatelolco, which prohibits nuclear weapons entirely in Latin America and the ... (more)

Full Story
Zool

London, UK

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Here we go again, Oh the joy that Cristina keeps giving, It almost been a whole year since the last time she & Timerman stood before the UN & accused Britain of violating the Tlatelolco treaty but when asked to provide evidence of wrongdoing they didn't provide a single shred of evidence. Timermans response to the UN was straight out of Monty Python -'Britain you must provide evidence you haven't violated the treaty' the UN reminded him that Argentina must backup its serious accusation with evidence not propaganda. The UN did not believe him & they didn't even bother to record minutes at a meeting which represented a diplomatic snub letting them know that they knew their accusations were just pure government sponsored propaganda.
El Malvinense

Richmond Hill, Canada

#2 Feb 26, 2013
Zool wrote:
Here we go again, Oh the joy that Cristina keeps giving, It almost been a whole year since the last time she & Timerman stood before the UN & accused Britain of violating the Tlatelolco treaty but when asked to provide evidence of wrongdoing they didn't provide a single shred of evidence. Timermans response to the UN was straight out of Monty Python -'Britain you must provide evidence you haven't violated the treaty' the UN reminded him that Argentina must backup its serious accusation with evidence not propaganda. The UN did not believe him & they didn't even bother to record minutes at a meeting which represented a diplomatic snub letting them know that they knew their accusations were just pure government sponsored propaganda.
uk is a TERRORIST state and WILL BE DESTROYED! uk is FINISHED!
Ace McCloud

Ringwood, UK

#3 Feb 26, 2013
Timmerman is a either a fool or has very bad advisors. I am not sure why the Argentine government addressess all other countries diplomats and the U.N as if they are imbeciles? They must be totally insulted.

They are there own worst enemy and are slowly globally isolating themselves.
Terry Hill

São Paulo, Brazil

#4 Feb 26, 2013
El Malvinense wrote:
<quoted text>
uk is a TERRORIST state and WILL BE DESTROYED! uk is FINISHED!
Talking about Monty Python
“I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”
Zool

London, UK

#5 Feb 26, 2013
El Malvinense wrote:
<quoted text>
uk is a TERRORIST state and WILL BE DESTROYED! uk is FINISHED!
You Argentines sure do love propaganda, hey maybe if you all keep saying it long enough it will come true. LOL
El Malvinense

Richmond Hill, Canada

#6 Feb 26, 2013
Zool wrote:
<quoted text>
You Argentines sure do love propaganda, hey maybe if you all keep saying it long enough it will come true. LOL
An dthe brits love the ex empire 100 years ago..uk is FINISHED THAT IS THE REALITY!
I love having a laugh at such idiotic people as the brits.....
El Malvinense

Richmond Hill, Canada

#7 Feb 26, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking about Monty Python
“I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!”
You have not changed a bit,terry! You still are a PELOTUDO!!!
BritBob

Slough, UK

#8 Feb 26, 2013
This is just another bit of pure 'propaganda' from the Argentine's. Some of them actually believe they have a legal claim to the Falklands and that the Falkland Islanders do not have the right to self determination. They're having a laugh...

Message to Paul Singer and the American Task Force Argentina - hurry up and nail that lid shut on Cristina and the Argentine Junta.
Anonymous

UK

#10 Feb 26, 2013
Why don't we just press that button and rid the world of argentina
MAlvinas

Scarborough, Canada

#11 Feb 26, 2013
Zool wrote:
Here we go again, Oh the joy that Cristina keeps giving, It almost been a whole year since the last time she & Timerman stood before the UN & accused Britain of violating the Tlatelolco treaty but when asked to provide evidence of wrongdoing they didn't provide a single shred of evidence. Timermans response to the UN was straight out of Monty Python -'Britain you must provide evidence you haven't violated the treaty' the UN reminded him that Argentina must backup its serious accusation with evidence not propaganda. The UN did not believe him & they didn't even bother to record minutes at a meeting which represented a diplomatic snub letting them know that they knew their accusations were just pure government sponsored propaganda.
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH PELOTUDO!!
brit survey:
48% of Brits want to get out of the UK

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...
PELOTUDO!!
Deanstreet

Stanley, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)

#12 Feb 26, 2013
straa wrote:
Why don't we just press that button and rid the world of argentina
If that was done, there'd be nothing left to keep us amused, then what would we do...

Kindest regards from the Falkland islands
Mandinga

Buenos Aires, Argentina

#13 Feb 26, 2013
What is amusing is that the US STILL refuses to enforce the Monroe Doctrine to keep European influence out of the Americas. Even more funny for you Limeys - if the people here in Argentina get worked up enough, your ex-pats will not be able to get out of Dodge in time (I am an ex-pat from the US).
sirderam

Preston, UK

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Mandinga wrote:
What is amusing is that the US STILL refuses to enforce the Monroe Doctrine to keep European influence out of the Americas. Even more funny for you Limeys - if the people here in Argentina get worked up enough, your ex-pats will not be able to get out of Dodge in time (I am an ex-pat from the US).
I'm not really sure what the Monroe Doctrine has to do with anything. It only refers to new colonies. Anyway, it was the British who enforced the Monroe Doctrine for the first 40 or 50 years after it was thought up because the US didn't have the power to do so.

Despite Argentine propaganda they never inherited the Falkland Islands from Spain. The Islands were not geographically included within the territory, as defined by Spain, of the United Provinces of the River Plate and Governors were directly appointed by Spain. When Spain abandoned their claim Britian simply took possession in accordance with it's own long standing claim.

As for us sending nuclear armed submarines to the South West Atlantic; well, like the US, Britain never discloses where our submarines patrol but I can't think of any targets in that part of the World that would be worth a missile. I suspect that the Indian Ocean would be a much more likely location to patrol.(Think Iran or N. Korea.) Anyway, we could if we wanted to (which we don't) take out Buenos Aires without our submarine ever leaving it's home port. What would be the point in sending one all the way to the S W Atlantic?

Their silly claims are just another diplomatic dance in support of their propaganda and lies. I suppose it makes them feel important.
Deanstreet

Stanley, Falkland Islands (Malvinas)

#15 Feb 27, 2013
What these stupid argentines cannot realise is that these submarines don't have to leave their base to hit targets in the South Atlantic, or for that matter just about anywhere in the world..

So the questions are:

Does argentina really believe that the world believes this rubbish..?

How do they know that nuclear armed submarines are active in the south Atlantic..?

Why would nuclear armed submarines be here in the south Atlantic..?

There's no threat, no point, nor any reason for them to be here..

The argentines make themselves look sillier with each passing day..

Kindest regards from the Falkland Islands
Ace McCloud

UK

#16 Feb 27, 2013
It is funny that Argentina actually think they are worth a nuclear missile? They have no military so why would any country want to bomb them?
JEM

Albufeira, Portugal

#17 Feb 27, 2013
Ace McCloud wrote:
It is funny that Argentina actually think they are worth a nuclear missile? They have no military so why would any country want to bomb them?
Or have they got themsleves all confused over nuclear powered as apposed to nuclear armed.

“We regret that the British Government has not so far provided clarifications, nor so far has offered information to corroborate or refute recent displacements of nuclear submarines capable of carrying nuclear weapons,”

So pure guess work from Argentina, there might or might not be a nuclear powered submarine, that might or might not be carrying nuclear weapons that might or might not be in the South Atlantic.

Yeah... well if you had a better navy you might be able to find out for yourself, don´t think the UK are going to let you know where they are, that kind of defeats the point. And why haven´t all your mates in SA asked the same question, oh yes, I forgot, it's getting near to the referendum isn't it so you need to make the UK and Islanders look like colonial powers so you can play the victim again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 1 min NoMo 14,174
Cuban baseball opening runs into trouble 2 min Barsoom 1
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 5 min Stars and Stripes 1,461
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 5 min Mkz6 315
Joint Chiefs chairman opens door to US boots on... 6 min Cat74 62
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 9 min Nina de fuego 371,491
Liberia: Robert Sirleaf in FBI's Dragnet? - Pro... (Apr '13) 10 min Otis Bundor 30
Russia is a 'threat to global democracy', Ukrai... 22 min Stars and Stripes 106
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 22,460
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••