ESI Bids to Break Macedonia 'Name' Deadlock

Dec 3, 2012 Full story: BalkanInsight.com 95

The lead analyst of the European Stability Initiative, Gerald Knaus, said the solution would foresee a change to Macedonia's name that would come into force permanently on the day that the country joined the EU.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Brighton-Le-Sands, Sydney

#42 Dec 5, 2012
HELLFIRE wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence? These shameless gypsies deny evidence carved in stone. The only evidence they have is the 'because we said so' reply. There is no argument, there is no debate simply because there is nothing to argue or debate about. Greece should in no way agree to any prefix suffix or any fix whatsoever simply to appease these shameless rabble. They are clowns who have contributed nothing yet claim everything. Squatters of Hellenic history and nothing more.
Hellfire,

You made me laugh mate, keep up the good work, I can't say I agree with all your opinions, as by now you probably know my current position on this name issue.

#43 Dec 5, 2012
MacedoniaNEVERGreek wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You got owned & you cover it with your useless paragraphs.
If you really are a moderate then you would agree that there are Greek Macedonians & Macedonian Macedonians , Slavic influence. You cannot say that Greeks are exclusively Macedonian when you know very well my furry friend that there is a mix of DNA, which Greeks forced the Macedonians to become Greek.
Until then, go shave your back.
I reckon you would probably have more hair on your body than me, I am happy to meet you and do a comparison anytime. While were at it, we can do this DNA test you talk about too.

You are funny I'll give you that, but you are also unable to debate the issue properly either, I wonder why this is.

“RESISTANCE = RESULTS”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#44 Dec 5, 2012
Bill_Sydney_Aus wrote:
<quoted text>
I reckon you would probably have more hair on your body than me, I am happy to meet you and do a comparison anytime. While were at it, we can do this DNA test you talk about too.
You are funny I'll give you that, but you are also unable to debate the issue properly either, I wonder why this is.
I have owned your compatriots many times. The reason I'm not owning your scrawny ass this early hour is that I don't want to give you heart palpating & the fact that I'm on my iPad & it's not like a laptop where I can gather my sources,

Next time ok. Don't fret. Until we meet again Vasilis

Repeat after me now & be a good mamas boy

Macedonia Never Greek. Opa

#47 Dec 5, 2012
Dejan wrote:
<quoted text>
A very clever move will be for our goverment to accept a term like Upper or North Macedonia, just to call your bluff. The greek nationalistic goverment as well as the greek people don't agree at all for our identity to be Macedonian, like ethnicity - Macedonian, and language - Macedonian. When we gonna accept the name let say Upper Macedonia as a change for FYR Macedonia but anything else to remain as it is, like the language and ethnicity, then the greek goverment will decline the propose, which will show their true purpose which is destroying us as nation and erasing us completly.
I won't change anything though, there are examples like Luxembourg province in Belgium that exist next to the country Luxembourg with no problem what so ever. And I've said there is already difference, there is country and province called Macedonia, no further imposed changes are needed.
Hey Dejan,

Thanks for your reply at least I can have a proper debate with you. You do raise a valid point, It would certainly be interesting to see what the greek government would do in this situation. Id like to think they would accept the name change to the country, not sure what would be agreed on with the nationality or language.

I also note your reference to the province and country of Luxembourg, I still think this is very confusing situation, but obviously it was agreed on by both parties so it is not an issue.(I do not know the background so I could be wrong)

The problem with Greece and FYROM, is that the Greeks do not recognise the constitutional name of FYROM.

#48 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
I have owned your compatriots many times. The reason I'm not owning your scrawny ass this early hour is that I don't want to give you heart palpating & the fact that I'm on my iPad & it's not like a laptop where I can gather my sources,
Hey you seem like a good man, Don't take things so personally next time ok, and when we play again I want a proper debate ok, no bullshit propaganda youtube videos or bullshit FYROM propaganda sites.
FACTS ONLY ok. Then you might be take more seriously. Have a good night.
HELLFIRE

Sydney, Australia

#49 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Sources? lol what 'sources' clown...oh, i know...perhaps tomato sauces?
Dejan

Kocani, Macedonia

#50 Dec 5, 2012
Bill_Sydney_Aus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dejan,
Thanks for your reply at least I can have a proper debate with you. You do raise a valid point, It would certainly be interesting to see what the greek government would do in this situation. Id like to think they would accept the name change to the country, not sure what would be agreed on with the nationality or language.
I also note your reference to the province and country of Luxembourg, I still think this is very confusing situation, but obviously it was agreed on by both parties so it is not an issue.(I do not know the background so I could be wrong)
The problem with Greece and FYROM, is that the Greeks do not recognise the constitutional name of FYROM.
I think that even the greek acceptance of Macedonia in a composed name with geographic or other qualifier is a bluff. Far more they are interested in the disappearance of the term Macedonian for ethnicity and language.
There were some simulation of the name here couple of years ago (from the former A1 television), from one side couple of greeks from the other sides few Macedonians who would accept far more then an average Macedonian would. Do you know the results? For me exactly as I expected - there were some offers from "our" side like Makedonski for the language and Macedonian (Makedonci) for the ethnicity, or written on Cyrillic (and stuffs that I wouldn't accept if they hold gun on my head, not to mention prpose), for the name I think it was Makedonija one of the proposals, or Macedonia(Makedonija on Cyrillic) and the greeks declined even those propsals.

Any change wouldn't be fair, cause any change will be imposed, any change would come by pressure, blockades, embargoes etc. This is a case where the UN, EU, NATO stand by and sometimes support a fascist agenda from one of their member, when they impose name or new identity of another subject, there is no fairness there.
Hellenic Rambo

Sydney, Australia

#52 Dec 5, 2012
My goodness you slavs are funny you boxheads where created in the 40's and have the nerve to say macedonia never greek haha,before 1991 you boxheads were YUGOSLAV MACEDONIANS ,then you were VARDASKANS then you were BULGARIANS get your facts right ZHTO H ELLAS ZHTO H MAKEDONIA Your language is serb-bulgarian.Speaking of Rockdale, the ilinden sports ground,what a load of shit,you name your sports ground after a bulgarian uprising and you use the greek sun of vergina with a soccer ball .So who has the identity crisis. FYROM

#53 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
A few months behind. Are the Macedonian signs still up? Lol. Of course they are.
Well if you don't like blending in with the Maco's, bend in at Brighton with your Habib look alike bro's.
PS. It's a known fact that Greeks can't swim & if you're from Sydney then it's a fact!!! Lol
The name Macedonia is not negotiable malakas. Greece decided to rename Nthn Greece to Macedonia only 25 years ago yet we have been Macedonians forever. PS. That bit you call Macedonia, it was stolen. Hence the large Macedonian minority in Lerin.
If your parents are from there, then it's highly likely that you are paper one of us but have that arrogance imbedded in you.
Your first sentence reads "A few months Behind" What does this refer to. You made a statement about who was the current Mayor of Rockdale and you where wrong. You obviously had your fact wrong. When you are wrong you should man up and admit it, there is no shame in being wrong. You will be take more seriously this way.

#54 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>
Loool. You know. Stop pretending to be a moderate you racist cigan.
First of all, you show me proof that it has always been called Macedonia. In the mean time, read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Ma...
Prior to 1991 'Macedonia University in Thessaloniki" was known as 'school of higher Industrial Studies Thessaloniki'.
This sign in Toronto did not exist prior to 1988.
http://www.makedonija.info/propaganda.html
Can you go take a DNA test now to prove that you don't have Turkish blood in you. Then you can tell me how I'm not Macedonian. But only if the blood test comes back in ur favour. TurkOglou
You are making the statement of this name change by Greece in 1988, not sure how you picked that year but I guess not a lot makes sense when it comes to you.

So you give me a link to wikipedia (at least this site is credible) and point me to the "The University of Macedonia" which before 1991 was known as the "School of Higher Industrial Studies".

News flash it might have got an upgrading from status of "School" to "University", not sure how this is significant. Departments/Institutes/Univers ities all around the world constantly change their name due to a number of different reasons i.e. upgrading/downgrading and so on. Unless you can specifically tell me why this University changed its name there is no logic in your argument.

Then you send me a link to a FYROM propaganda site (At least the wikipedia site you sent me to before, was credible I can't say the same for this one) And there is a picture of a sign stating "The name Macedonia is Greek" underneath this is a PASOK sign. According to the article This sign on Danforth Ave. in Toronto did not exist before 1988.

So someone on the FYROM side has given this photograph of a sign (lets be very clear about this) on DANFORTH AVENUE, TORONTO, CANADA some sort of SIGNIFICANCE and now your whole argument about the name Macedonia not existing is Greece before the year 1988 comes from this article. Is this correct? Seriously is this where you guys "picked out" the year 1988 from this article?
Dejan

Kocani, Macedonia

#55 Dec 5, 2012
Bill_Sydney_Aus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making the statement of this name change by Greece in 1988, not sure how you picked that year but I guess not a lot makes sense when it comes to you.
So you give me a link to wikipedia (at least this site is credible) and point me to the "The University of Macedonia" which before 1991 was known as the "School of Higher Industrial Studies".
News flash it might have got an upgrading from status of "School" to "University", not sure how this is significant. Departments/Institutes/Univers ities all around the world constantly change their name due to a number of different reasons i.e. upgrading/downgrading and so on. Unless you can specifically tell me why this University changed its name there is no logic in your argument.
Then you send me a link to a FYROM propaganda site (At least the wikipedia site you sent me to before, was credible I can't say the same for this one) And there is a picture of a sign stating "The name Macedonia is Greek" underneath this is a PASOK sign. According to the article This sign on Danforth Ave. in Toronto did not exist before 1988.
So someone on the FYROM side has given this photograph of a sign (lets be very clear about this) on DANFORTH AVENUE, TORONTO, CANADA some sort of SIGNIFICANCE and now your whole argument about the name Macedonia not existing is Greece before the year 1988 comes from this article. Is this correct? Seriously is this where you guys "picked out" the year 1988 from this article?
There was a thread about this, some time ago
Note the year when it was copy righted, we use this name to sell our brand wine for over 50 years
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-128845...
It's not just the name of the university, the airpor in Thesaloniki, the name of the province, etc.
The ethnic Macedonians have asked for years Macedonian cultural organizations to be formed in greece, and were rejected, only to found out recently that those organizations will be found with name Macedonian, to cherish the greek Macedonian culture, which in fact is ethnic Macedonian music and culture, but just tagged as greek
Dejan

Kocani, Macedonia

#56 Dec 5, 2012
There was even some atempt, I don't know what happen with it, when some greeks were asking the greek goverment for preservation of the Macedonian - greek language (wtf right), which is greek with some slavophones words in it, probably just like Arvantika is greek :p

#57 Dec 5, 2012
Dejan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that even the greek acceptance of Macedonia in a composed name with geographic or other qualifier is a bluff. Far more they are interested in the disappearance of the term Macedonian for ethnicity and language.
There were some simulation of the name here couple of years ago (from the former A1 television), from one side couple of greeks from the other sides few Macedonians who would accept far more then an average Macedonian would. Do you know the results? For me exactly as I expected - there were some offers from "our" side like Makedonski for the language and Macedonian (Makedonci) for the ethnicity, or written on Cyrillic (and stuffs that I wouldn't accept if they hold gun on my head, not to mention prpose), for the name I think it was Makedonija one of the proposals, or Macedonia(Makedonija on Cyrillic) and the greeks declined even those propsals.
Any change wouldn't be fair, cause any change will be imposed, any change would come by pressure, blockades, embargoes etc. This is a case where the UN, EU, NATO stand by and sometimes support a fascist agenda from one of their member, when they impose name or new identity of another subject, there is no fairness there.
Hey Dejan,

Thank you on your thoughts, you do raise valid points, you also put up a good argument for your side about changes being imposed. Not sure how we get around this issue.

My problem is that you picked a name for your country in 1991 when you broke away from Yugoslavia that was always going to be controversial, How did you think that the Greeks were going to react to this name? You must have known this would not be accepted?

All that I am saying is a name like Northern Macedonia or Upper Macedonia could be accepted in both countries and is a more appropriate name for your country. What you consider your nationality to be is a pure individual choice and no one can put any thoughts in your head about this. Language is also debatable too, I do like the idea of Makedonski, it is a more accurate representation of the Cyrillic nature of your language.

#58 Dec 5, 2012
Dejan wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a thread about this, some time ago
Note the year when it was copy righted, we use this name to sell our brand wine for over 50 years
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-128845...
It's not just the name of the university, the airpor in Thesaloniki, the name of the province, etc.
The ethnic Macedonians have asked for years Macedonian cultural organizations to be formed in greece, and were rejected, only to found out recently that those organizations will be found with name Macedonian, to cherish the greek Macedonian culture, which in fact is ethnic Macedonian music and culture, but just tagged as greek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =m2DFboMWuosXX
Hey Dejan,

Ok, now we are on the topic of wine, I will go with you on this one, but can I say you seem very genuine and I do like hearing your thoughts, but there is no need to reduce yourself to the level of most of the other FUCKING IDIOTS that use this site and are unable to properly debate the issue at hand.

Ok now to your link to this BBC article (at least this site is credible), It states that this person/wine company copyrighted the term Macedonian in 1989. SO what is so significant about this?

I suggest this is possibly when this company began or copyright laws were introduced, there is a number of reasons why the name might have been copyrighted in 1989, I further suggest if he had called his product another name he would still be selling it to the Germans.(I can not offer anything further as I do not know the background of the wine company that this article talks about).

With your next link you know my position on youtube videos.

#59 Dec 5, 2012
Hellenic Rambo wrote:
My goodness you slavs are funny you boxheads where created in the 40's and have the nerve to say macedonia never greek haha,before 1991 you boxheads were YUGOSLAV MACEDONIANS ,then you were VARDASKANS then you were BULGARIANS get your facts right ZHTO H ELLAS ZHTO H MAKEDONIA Your language is serb-bulgarian.Speaking of Rockdale, the ilinden sports ground,what a load of shit,you name your sports ground after a bulgarian uprising and you use the greek sun of vergina with a soccer ball .So who has the identity crisis. FYROM
Hey Hellenic Rambo,

Thanks for your thoughts and I do agree with your comments, nice name too

“God loves Macedonia !”

Since: Dec 08

Skopje

#60 Dec 5, 2012
Bill_Sydney_Aus wrote:
<quoted text>
...The problem with the nationalist in FYROM is that ever time the see, hear or read the term "Macedonia" they immediately think it applies to their modern day country, which is ABSOLUTELY NOT CORRECT. The term "Macedonia" has always referred to a region. Both in modern day times and Ancient times.
Macedonia is a region. Our country is REPUBLIC of Macedonia, to distinguish from the region.

“God loves Macedonia !”

Since: Dec 08

Skopje

#61 Dec 5, 2012
Bill_Sydney_Aus wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go, back to your FYROM websites and propaganda youtube videos, unable to debate the current issue. My question to you put aside nationality, language, religion and all the other propaganda, Why is it so hard for you to accept a name like "Northern Macedonia" (or what ever other "geographical qualifier" is agreed on) for your modern day country? Is this really such a bad thing?
Anything is better that the provisional reference "The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" Don't you think.
the problem is that if we change the name to North Macedonia, our nationality will change to "North Macedonian" and our language will become "North Macedonian".
PHILIP THE MACEDONIAN

Hausmannstatten, Austria

#62 Dec 5, 2012
Marko MK wrote:
<quoted text>
Macedonia is a region. Our country is REPUBLIC of Macedonia, to distinguish from the region.
Zero brain bre paranoid Fyromian, titoistic YUGO PSEUDONATION?
PHILIP THE MACEDONIAN

Hausmannstatten, Austria

#63 Dec 5, 2012
Marko MK wrote:
<quoted text>
the problem is that if we change the name to North Macedonia, our nationality will change to "North Macedonian" and our language will become "North Macedonian".
Ajde fake Fyromian, titoistic YUGOSLAVIAN PSEUDONATION!
Your land is Albadonija!!

#64 Dec 5, 2012
Marko MK wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is so wrong with this proposition, Don't you think this better represents the modern day country of FYROM. Remember it is only the nationalist in your country that believe there is some sort of link to ancient Macedonia, NOT EVERYONE believes there in a link in FYROM.

You have to remember we live in a modern day world which is made up of modern day countries. This way there is no confusion between the Greek region of Macedonia and the modern day country of FYROM.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A poisoned imagination? 2 min uther pendragon 9
Obama scores coalition victory with Arab strikes 3 min SirPrize 10
Paula Deen serves up another racism-scandal apo... 5 min Harrisson 18
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 9 min Toko2014 14,449
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 min I can read 22,546
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 12 min uther pendragon 9,027
World War 3 fears: Poland fears Russian invasio... 16 min Gost aka Kubek 55
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 18 min Faith 371,850
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••