Students visit mosque, get Quran

Sep 18, 2013 Full story: www.jihadwatch.org 497
A Tennessee high school has decided to revise its field trip policy after a group of freshmen were taken to an Islamic mosque where they were given copies of the Koran and while a student who opted out of the trip was given a worksheet that alleged Muslims treated their conquered people better than the United States treated minorities ... Full Story
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Sep 18, 2013
from jihadwatch:

"Daily Roll Call reported the students were taken to the Islamic Center of Nashville.

"Children were given punch and cookies at the mosque where they listened to readings from the Koran, Conner said. They were also given copies of the Islamic holy book ...

"'Our kids are being indoctrinated and this is being shoved in their face,' Conner told Fox News.'It tells me they are pushing other religions and they want Christianity to take a back seat. They want our children to be tolerant of everything except Christianity ...'"

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#2 Sep 18, 2013
So long as they read the koran as they would a text book, analysing it as they read, there should be no objection. The koran is the best condemnation of islam there is.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#3 Sep 18, 2013
If my child brought this abomination into my home I would take it back to the mosque that gave it to him and remind them that I won't I've their children bibles and they will not give my child Korans. Then I would tell them to shove it up their bum!!!
Hello

College Point, NY

#4 Sep 18, 2013
Well, they went to a mosque and I am assuming it's educational. So giving a copy of the Quran is a good idea.

However, they should make similar trips to the church, temples etc.
Onelawforall

London, UK

#5 Sep 18, 2013
How would people feel if copies of Mein Kampf were given to their children in the name of inclusion and tolerance?
Just because Allah is the Izlamic fuhrer does not make right wing ideologies accepteble.
Hello

College Point, NY

#6 Sep 18, 2013
You know what, cross that. The religious texts are full of adult content and a lot of questionable beliefs. It is best not to expose them to that stuff until they are at least 18.
george whyte

UK

#7 Sep 18, 2013
Qur'an 9:17 "The disbelievers have no right to visit the mosques of Allah while bearing witness against their own souls to infidelity. These it is whose doings are in vain, and in the fire shall they abide. Only he shall visit the mosques of Allah who believes in Allah and the latter day, and keeps up devotional obligations, pays the zakat, and fears none but Allah."

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#8 Sep 19, 2013
Old Pom wrote:
So long as they read the koran as they would a text book, analysing it as they read, there should be no objection. The koran is the best condemnation of islam there is.
There's probably a good chance that the mosque tampered with the korans and omitted the parts where it says to kill non muslims and and where it says to beat your wives. That filthy mosque probably reeked of Taqiyya that day.

Since: Jun 10

Israel

#9 Sep 19, 2013

I'm a grandpa, father of two ... and I always made a point to be up to speed what are the extra-curriculum activities of the kids at school.

The visit to the Mosque affords the parents and others within the family to further educate the kids about what they just saw on the field trip.

Too bad that it was not perceived as an opportunity to deliver the 'home-made' message about what the kids experienced that same day..

Since: Jun 10

Israel

#10 Sep 19, 2013
..affords the parents and others within the family AN OPPORTUNITY to further educate the kids ..
American girl

Wolcott, CT

#11 Sep 19, 2013
Voice of Peace wrote:
I'm a grandpa, father of two ... and I always made a point to be up to speed what are the extra-curriculum activities of the kids at school.
The visit to the Mosque affords the parents and others within the family to further educate the kids about what they just saw on the field trip.
Too bad that it was not perceived as an opportunity to deliver the 'home-made' message about what the kids experienced that same day..
The other option is to not sign the permission slip. Schools in my area cannot take a student off campus without parental consent. It really is time for parents to step up and speak out.
I don't know of any recent beheadings of minorities in the US but there have certainly been more than a few committed by muslims. Yes, the kind, gentle, peaceful kind.
Connie

Houston, TX

#12 Sep 19, 2013
Thunder-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
There's probably a good chance that the mosque tampered with the korans and omitted the parts where it says to kill non muslims and and where it says to beat your wives. That filthy mosque probably reeked of Taqiyya that day.
No, they didn't need to change the Quran-there is nothing in there that is bad, anyway.

HOWEVER, it is absolutely inappropriate to be visiting mosques unless they are visiting churches and synagogues and temples, too. This is a mistake that the school made in going there without some sort of equity with other worship places. And probably none should be visited in any case.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 Sep 19, 2013
American girl wrote:
<quoted text>The other option is to not sign the permission slip. Schools in my area cannot take a student off campus without parental consent. It really is time for parents to step up and speak out.
I don't know of any recent beheadings of minorities in the US but there have certainly been more than a few committed by muslims. Yes, the kind, gentle, peaceful kind.
Is 2013 recent enough? Few people heard about this because the MSM didn't report it.

Muslim accused of beheading 2 Christians in U.S.
http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/muslim-accused-of-...
Connie

Houston, TX

#14 Sep 19, 2013
American girl wrote:
<quoted text>The other option is to not sign the permission slip. Schools in my area cannot take a student off campus without parental consent. It really is time for parents to step up and speak out.
Lot more mexican drug runner in the US than there are Muslim extremists. They seem a lot more beheading happy than any Muslims I hear of.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#15 Sep 19, 2013
Connie wrote:
<quoted text>Lot more mexican drug runner in the US than there are Muslim extremists. They seem a lot more beheading happy than any Muslims I hear of.
I haven't heard of any Mexicans taking out 3,000 Americans in one shot.

Pretty funny that you would compare muslims to Mexican drug dealers though. If I had to pick one, I'd choose the Mexicans over the muslims.

“Tell it as it is.”

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#16 Sep 19, 2013
Connie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they didn't need to change the Quran-there is nothing in there that is bad, anyway.
/
Did you manage to keep a straight face?

Since: May 13

Auckland, New Zealand

#17 Sep 19, 2013
Thunder-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
They also probably sugar coated and glamorized the Quran, most teenagers wouldn't bother reading the whole quran word for word to see what it really entails. As for the whole 'accepting of others' crap. People do need to be more accepting of others, but as people. That doesn't mean shoving religion down each others throats.

“PROUD INFIDEL”

#18 Sep 20, 2013
Connie wrote:
<quoted text>No, they didn't need to change the Quran-there is nothing in there that is bad, anyway.
HOWEVER, it is absolutely inappropriate to be visiting mosques unless they are visiting churches and synagogues and temples, too. This is a mistake that the school made in going there without some sort of equity with other worship places. And probably none should be visited in any case.
Nothing bad in the koran? HA!HA! LOL! Yeah, sure. And the Ebola virus isn't bad either!

“PROUD INFIDEL”

#19 Sep 20, 2013
Siddy wrote:
<quoted text>
They also probably sugar coated and glamorized the Quran, most teenagers wouldn't bother reading the whole quran word for word to see what it really entails. As for the whole 'accepting of others' crap. People do need to be more accepting of others, but as people. That doesn't mean shoving religion down each others throats.
Religion is used to divide and conquer. Such a shame. The world would be better off without it.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#20 Sep 20, 2013
Connie wrote:
<quoted text>No, they didn't need to change the Quran-there is nothing in there that is bad, anyway.
At the Mosque the Muslims should have informed the students that the Quran was written by the desert bandit Muhammad.
And that the religion of Islam is based on the life of the desert bandit Muhammad and how Muhammad used evil to spread his religion.

That would be an excellent course for schools to teach to students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 2 min leon 44,964
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min danetoo 371,111
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 4 min Lifuka 13,964
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 6 min Eman 22,350
Heated clashes at mosque protest 32 min charADEs n FKWITs... 9
Video of Greek army creates controversy in region 32 min Fake greek n Para... 292
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 69,402
•••

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••