Hispanic or Latino

Aug 29, 2013 Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times 22

The 2010 U.S. Census defines "Hispanic or Latino" as a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Anything but American, huh?

Boy, is the US a racist nation, not only on humans but on cultures.
Allan

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2013
yawn " regardless of race." miss that part ?
RocCity

Rochester, NY

#4 Aug 30, 2013
I never use Latino when referring to Hispanic people. Latino, to me, brings to mind Mexican-Americans in the failed liberal experiment we call California. But I'm speaking as a gringo, yankee, guinea, wop, redneck cracker from the failed liberal experiment of New York.
RocCity

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 30, 2013
Jorge wrote:
Anything but American, huh?
Boy, is the US a racist nation, not only on humans but on cultures.
How do you feel about African-American, another term I refuse to use?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's a term blacks choose to describe themselves.

I have never heard an Hispanic person describe themselves as American. I've never seen the American flag flying from the porch of an Hispanic family.
Hush Up

Tucson, AZ

#6 Aug 30, 2013
RocCity wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's a term blacks choose to describe themselves.
I have never heard an Hispanic person describe themselves as American. I've never seen the American flag flying from the porch of an Hispanic family.
Well I have seen American flags on Hispanic's lawn. Especially those that have served. Although I will admit, I have seen them more often on white people's lawns.
Jorge

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#7 Aug 30, 2013
RocCity wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's a term blacks choose to describe themselves....
I believe you are not African American.
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#12 Sep 1, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>Thats true Jorge, as you can take a Puerto Rican and put him on US soil, or leave him in Puerto Rico, or anywhere else in the world, but you cannot take his nationalistic Puerto Rican pride out of him or her. Our PR flag, to many of us, comes first, and to others, their own country flags. Can't blame them. And as long as Puerto Rico is not a state of the UNION, just a stand by comonwealth, it is in own country's best interest to fly our own flags too, with it's own olympic teams representing us and the Miss Universe contests, etc. if nothing else.
What else can they take away from us? Our blood? Many have already given their lives in practically all wars for this country and very little gratitude have we received from it.
Vaya Dave,

I concur with your very lucid & heartfelt statement!

"Patria"

RUBEN BLADES SEIS DEL SOLAR.

Allan

Covington, GA

#16 Sep 1, 2013
A few days ago you were demanding that they speak spanish
Allan

Covington, GA

#18 Sep 1, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>I speak both English and Spanish, as I'm bilingual. I don't need to deny any of the two, nor I don't need to run from either one nor deny anyone from speaking either or both. I even speak Spanglish if you like. Have a great week you and yours.
That comment for Jorge , You enjoy yours also
Jorge wrote:
all in all, you have over twenty two Latin American republics from which you can criticize us gringos.
Allan

Covington, GA

#20 Sep 1, 2013
That quote is from Jorge where he describes himself as a gringo and then every other post he complains about them.I don't care who rules what and I do not judge them by skin color or by where they live, I judge people by what they say and do.I have no problems with you, your posts are always level headed and even though I may not always agree, I respect them because they are direct and honest... unlike Jorges. His idea of solutions is pathetic
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#21 Sep 1, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks HG. Have a great week to come.
Dave,

It good to see you post as Dave.

Why the Sabbatical/time off as you?

I know some here post in several different cyber alias';
that off course is their prerogative.

I for one can honestly state for the record that I have always been HG, & HG only when posting here in TOPIX.

Regards to Marimercy & the others if you should connect.

It's been peaceful here not too much drama as it was a while back.

My goal is to continue to focus on culture, music & positivity if possible other wise I ignore the BS when it spikes.

Latino or Hispanic whatever you call it, my "Corazon" & "sangre" is Boricua!
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#22 Sep 1, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
Especially in the homes of the Hispanic military homes that have served this great nation of ours.
Dave,

Indeed

Have you ever serve in the military?

I see that you have respect for those that have.

Thank you for the acknowledgement.

Keep the peace,

HG
Allan

United States

#26 Sep 2, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your feelings of judging people, not by their name, their skin color nor by their religious affiliation or ranks in life. But in order to get along we must all get along or else we will just continue on a daily basis to waste much precious time by being on the defensive accomplishing nothing good nor positive. Jorge in reality is not a bad person, he is a person that when he is attacked he will come back at you, either funny, sarcastic or as a straight shooter. All depends on you and how you deal with it. I've known Jorge, here in Topix, for over 5 years now. Be friendly to him and he will be friendly back to you. Just simply step back as toe mature adults and stop offending one another once and for all. Try it you'll both like it.
Peace!
I do enjoy it this way , sad to say but I laugh every time he posts. not much reason to be nice to him when he tries to be offensive in every way possible
HairyGuy

Anaheim, CA

#28 Sep 2, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>When I come here from now on you'll only see me as Dave, as the one you see here, nothing else. I'm not into games anymore, that old person died.
Dave,

Thank you for responding .

I do believe in moving forward.
Life is brief for games of deception, strife and negativity.

I do recall that you have provided in this TOPIX edification in many aspects.

I am pleased to see you back and willing to continue in that mode.

Peace be with you and yours,

HG
----------

“Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”

-- Mahatma Gandhi

“Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.”

-- Gerard Way

“I give you this to take with you:
Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can
begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.”

-- Judith Minty
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#29 Sep 2, 2013
A NEO-HITLER and NEGATIVE NATION called US, TRYING TO CONQUER THE WORLD, WILL FAIL AND GO DOWN IN WORLD HISTORY.
THE CASE CANNOT AMOUNT TO US USING STRIKE TO SYRIA, from anything US would put it, say it, even to show evidence, and to show proof.
The story by putting such a nuisance subject means the way of doing things becomes pathetic, troubling and ridiculous, as the world has more people against US as a wrong nation by US putting itself and the planet lop-side down.
Have you PEOPLE or UN inspectors seen Syria used chemical weapons?
They made it up as US FABRICATED lies. ONLY NAIVE FOOLS THINK SO.
It is nonsense, as US by calling chemical weapons in Syria with no proof of who used chemicals, by just saying by themselves, so that they make up a false and fake subject that people think they don't like chemical weapons. THE POINT IS THAT it does not make to the stand of hitting Syria by saying chemical weapons proven or not, in any circumstances. Who have witnessed it and who have done it by what quantities of any chemicals they prove so? When they prove someone dies of cancer is saying due to chemical poisoning, because there are chemicals around, but just what those chemicals are, sarin gas, or home fluid Lysol, or Drano, or toxic acids, or cyanide or other such chemicals, and prove who have them? Anything called proven is beyond the defective cause--such as, can they prove because some people die of drugs and alcohol that you have drugs or alcohol simply you carry a bag? Any victims are orchestrated, especially during the time of UN inspectors. Have you seen millions of dead bodies as innocent victims and droned victims of children and families slaughtered by US--as such large numbers of dead? Just they don't tell you and let you see them as that means inside US, there are big numbers of people having bitter lives and suffering, beaten, tortured by running down their human rights more than anywhere else, and why don't you talk about them and do more about them?
US just wants to put military in some action to massacre some more people, as a fake falsehood of trick by talking about chemical weapons AS THEY ARE ROTTEN EVIL UGLY VILLAINS IN US.
When you people just look at Kerry, Hagel, Obama with their shameful, degrading acts by saying they attempt to build up the story with presentation and dreadful justification, that tells no justification but the ludicrous nut-case of US. If a country goes about proceeding and approach like that by calling , that will be a volatile nutty nation US, because so may people think and act like nuts and by doing such chemicals calling so, with having not even the simple basic standard that can meet the simple sense.
But there are proofs that US has lots of toxic chemicals as weapons that prove already have killed too many people.
If US can strike by saying so, anybody can also strike US by saying that too, and on anything to point finger at slaughtering US.
US IS COVERING up lots of ugly, bad, terrible things, many filthy and evil horrible things, of pointing at others, so that people don't see or get to know them, because US is a very bad, degenerate country with too many bad people, while people don't know about too many abused victims and people of sadness and sorrow and awful, run-down, bitter, sour lives.
If that is not there, it won't be said.
If you people don't know and are not aware of, that is bad. Because it is there and they are very real even others don't care, yet that is why it ought to be.
US is a false image that it wants to conquer the world like former Hitler by falsified scheme to do the Neo-Hitler Imperialistic Colonial evil radicalism country, to step about Syria, for example, with no concern of conducting crimes, doing all the very bad things.
RocCity

Rochester, NY

#30 Sep 3, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong, in my lifetime I've seen many.

I was going to qualify my original statement, "I've never seen the American flag flying from the porch of an Hispanic family," by saying, "That doesn't mean there are none, it just means I have never seen any," but I figured, nah, peeps will understand it's a personal observation.

If I said, "I've never seen a man dishonor his wedding vows and publicly humiliate his wife," would you self-righteously proclaim me to be wrong?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#32 Sep 3, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>I will try and speak with him too. We need to edify one another, don't need to keep on stepping on one another. Life is too short to continue to live miserable. I was not a happy camper when I to at one time did that and I left Topix because of it. I'm coming back but I pray in a more positive way and I plan with the help of God to keep it that way. You both can do it too.
I like this post. We need to have a positive forum.

If anyone seeks to divide by casting their own personal prejudices. It is disrespectful to the other posters as well who just want to come herw and peacefully post on PR.

So we should all try to be "non-partial" in our judging standards of other posters. No matter if we get along with some more than the others.

Peace to you.

Location hidden

#33 Sep 3, 2013
Dave-Lopes wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your feelings of judging people, not by their name, their skin color nor by their religious affiliation or ranks in life. But in order to get along we must all get along or else we will just continue on a daily basis to waste much precious time by being on the defensive accomplishing nothing good nor positive. Jorge in reality is not a bad person, he is a person that when he is attacked he will come back at you, either funny, sarcastic or as a straight shooter. All depends on you and how you deal with it. I've known Jorge, here in Topix, for over 5 years now. Be friendly to him and he will be friendly back to you. Just simply step back as toe mature adults and stop offending one another once and for all. Try it you'll both like it.
Peace!
I disagree.

Plenty of us have been decent to Jorge.

But, Jorge expects for people to believe exactly he does on subjects Or else it's not enough.

There is no thought police on topix.

I think ,in spite, of all people have treated him very decently and he still has gone out of his way to be sarcastic, snarky, smarmy and nasty.

If someone acts nasty. How is that helping thee other posters on the forum?

The offended party will only respond back and then are back to square one....Again and again.

No, Dave....Everyone has to put their individual part. Jorge included.

We are all free to have our own opinions and can disagree without being disagreeable.

Let's ALL try NOT to be partial to the side we prefer.

Let's be fair and balanced. That promotes civility.

Peace.

Location hidden

#34 Sep 3, 2013
Allan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do enjoy it this way , sad to say but I laugh every time he posts. not much reason to be nice to him when he tries to be offensive in every way possible
I agree.

You as an anglo have just as much right to be in PR anyone else.

The politics here have been divisive for much too long. This stateside/island thing is way too fractious.

Everyone is responsible for themselves and how they turn out in the end. It all starts in the home.

It doesn't mater where people were raised or what walk of life they came from.

==========

What does it take for people to truly be happy?

Peace within the home.

Loving and supportive family and friends.

Good health.

Adequate and nutritious food. Shelter and clothing

A Purpose in life.

Hope for the future.(For me and for some its their personal faith...For others its something else)

That's all. It is not your race or nationality. What political you belong to. Your material resources (Though you have to have them....But, just how much do you really need to gain happiness?)
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#35 Sep 3, 2013
US has done the wrongful way by calling the chemical weapons matter on Syria by falsification already.

US is the fraudulence.

Before not allowing the next US move of wanting to strike Syria,the whole world must impeach, reject, censor and sanction US now because it has done the wrongs of falsification stand on chemical weapons.

US is being wrong and has a lot of wrongs of oppressing and executing lots of innocent people and in many much worst of many things there.
US has done too many atrocities on the planet.

They are the US weapons which are the most dangerous, that need to be demolished, targeted, and taken away for the right truth.

US companies are the most corrupted and unwanted, that US businesses must be deterred and lose out.

US is viewed as bad Neo-Hitler nation of very bad way of doings.

US must be rejected and not wanted, as it needs to be downgraded and be gone away, while the worldwide people must do this to achieve all these as necessary, for that is the only way of direction of this new-age planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miss Hitler 2014: The shocking beauty pageant f... 2 min SobieskiSavedEurope 43
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 4 min AbbiJZombie 377,621
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 6 min Dana Robertson 18,483
Drone, banner force end to Euro soccer qualifier 7 min servoslaves 10
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 9 min number four 51,236
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 10 min Blahblah80 9,599
Advice: How to budget a trip to the Philippines 13 min Go Blue Forever 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 31 min Eric 69,951

World News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE