Santos beats Atlante in Mexican soccer

Apr 16, 2007 Full story: International Herald Tribune 36

MEXICO CITY: Argentine Daniel Luduena scored twice in five minutes and Santos beat Atlante 3-0 in the Mexican Clausura on Sunday. via International Herald Tribune

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
melissa g

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Apr 24, 2007
go osbaldo!
pologreen777

AOL

#2 Jul 11, 2007
Santos es Number 1, Albuquerqe New Mexico

“You are by what you do!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 20, 2007
Soccer, what's that !!??!!

“Happy 100 years.. lets win it!”

Since: Jun 07

San Siro - Milan

#4 Aug 1, 2007
you don't know Soccer??? actually it's called Football... Americans stole the name and they call Football Soccer!!! you should stop watching the boring game you call football and watch the real deal... it's the Worlds most beautiful game.:)

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 1, 2007
forza inter wrote:
you don't know Soccer??? actually it's called Football... Americans stole the name and they call Football Soccer!!! you should stop watching the boring game you call football and watch the real deal... it's the Worlds most beautiful game.:)
There's nothing fascinating about watching a group of men/women running around kicking a ball.

San Siro - Milan

#6 Aug 1, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing fascinating about watching a group of men/women running around kicking a ball.
dude... you can call it that or you can just put your HUGE EGO apart and just watch it for once!!!

San Siro - Milan

#7 Aug 1, 2007
ok that was a bit rude... so man just go and see it for once.. watch a nice game and then come and tell me if you like watching a group of men/women running around kicking a ball???

Seattle, WA

#8 Aug 1, 2007
forza inter wrote:
<quoted text>
dude... you can call it that or you can just put your HUGE EGO apart and just watch it for once!!!
The main reason why I don't watch soccer is because of my lack of understanding the rules...If I had to sit and watch soccer - please let it be indoor soccer. The game is much quicker and action packed.

San Siro - Milan

#9 Aug 1, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>The main reason why I don't watch soccer is because of my lack of understanding the rules...If I had to sit and watch soccer - please let it be indoor soccer. The game is much quicker and action packed.
man just look at a nice game like the last Inter Vs AC or something like Liverpool Vs Ac(Champions League final in Turkey)... then you will see how nice football can be...

Seattle, WA

#10 Aug 1, 2007
forza inter wrote:
<quoted text>
man just look at a nice game like the last Inter Vs AC or something like Liverpool Vs Ac(Champions League final in Turkey)... then you will see how nice football can be...
Unless the game is baseball...it's highly unlikely that I will be entertained by a 1-0 final score after 3 hours of play...!!

San Siro - Milan

#11 Aug 2, 2007
no dude... Ac Vs Inter match is just a 1 and half our match. and there are 7 goals one red card and 4 yellows... and the Liverpool Vs Ac match is just a classic...
just try watching it for ones, i really think you will like it... i got lot's of American friends in this forum who switched from loving baseball to soccer. try it for once man...

Seattle, WA

#12 Aug 2, 2007
forza inter wrote:
no dude... Ac Vs Inter match is just a 1 and half our match. and there are 7 goals one red card and 4 yellows... and the Liverpool Vs Ac match is just a classic...
just try watching it for ones, i really think you will like it... i got lot's of American friends in this forum who switched from loving baseball to soccer. try it for once man...
Your right, the time limit is 90mins...I was thinking of American football...My point is this: I can't sit and watch the game of soccer without some interpretation of the nuances (like the style of kick, name of pass, defense/offense stragedies, and so forth). I may in time develope a liking for the game of soccer but never to the extent that I am a 100% convert. For I have watched the game of American football since 1976 and I'm not about to turn my back on the sport now...!!

San Siro - Milan

#13 Aug 2, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>Your right, the time limit is 90mins...I was thinking of American football...My point is this: I can't sit and watch the game of soccer without some interpretation of the nuances (like the style of kick, name of pass, defense/offense stragedies, and so forth). I may in time develope a liking for the game of soccer but never to the extent that I am a 100% convert. For I have watched the game of American football since 1976 and I'm not about to turn my back on the sport now...!!
hehe... my friend you got it all mixed up.. it's really simple... there are 4 departments in a football team... one is the goalkeeper who keeps from letting the ball in to the net.. the other is defenders who defends the ball from reaching there own goal. then there is midfield, midfielders play in the middle of the pitch and they are like the connection between the forwards(which is the fourth department) and the defense... and forwards score goals to the opposition goal... but anyone can score a goal. there is no rule for that...
and my friend you don't need to know any of this to know soccer...
all you need to know is there are free kicks when someone does a bad foul on a oppositon player and if you do a foul in your own penalty area(which is the area where the goalkeeper gets to touch the ball) you get a penalty where it's one on one with the goalkeeper and the player taking the penalty... then there are corners which is given when the ball hits your feet and goes out from the side where your own goal is... that's about it...(but offside is a bit tricky, offside really puts the tactics and a players skill in touch)... all and all, i am not telling you to hate American Football... i am just telling you to watch these matches i told you to, then i am sure you will be able to decide if you like it or not... do you want me to show you a link where you can download it... i feel like you can be a Football fanatic... hehe :)
ryan

Elmsford, NY

#14 Aug 6, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
Soccer, what's that !!??!!
wow if you don't know the game get of the forum and go watch the NY giants or something
ryan

Elmsford, NY

#15 Aug 6, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>There's nothing fascinating about watching a group of men/women running around kicking a ball.
hey unlike American sports it requires a brain
ryan

Elmsford, NY

#16 Aug 6, 2007
N2blaque wrote:
<quoted text>Unless the game is baseball...it's highly unlikely that I will be entertained by a 1-0 final score after 3 hours of play...!!
baseball entertaining lol
ryan

Elmsford, NY

#17 Aug 6, 2007
forza inter wrote:
<quoted text>
hehe... my friend you got it all mixed up.. it's really simple... there are 4 departments in a football team... one is the goalkeeper who keeps from letting the ball in to the net.. the other is defenders who defends the ball from reaching there own goal. then there is midfield, midfielders play in the middle of the pitch and they are like the connection between the forwards(which is the fourth department) and the defense... and forwards score goals to the opposition goal... but anyone can score a goal. there is no rule for that...
and my friend you don't need to know any of this to know soccer...
all you need to know is there are free kicks when someone does a bad foul on a oppositon player and if you do a foul in your own penalty area(which is the area where the goalkeeper gets to touch the ball) you get a penalty where it's one on one with the goalkeeper and the player taking the penalty... then there are corners which is given when the ball hits your feet and goes out from the side where your own goal is... that's about it...(but offside is a bit tricky, offside really puts the tactics and a players skill in touch)... all and all, i am not telling you to hate American Football... i am just telling you to watch these matches i told you to, then i am sure you will be able to decide if you like it or not... do you want me to show you a link where you can download it... i feel like you can be a Football fanatic... hehe :)
you like Mexican soccer that worse than American or canadian
ryan

Elmsford, NY

#19 Aug 6, 2007
forza inter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok ryan.. i had enough of you... one more comment like this from you and i will see to it that your posts get deleted and i will see to it that you can't get into this website!!! i seriously had enough of you!!!
yeah and how are you going to that

Seattle, WA

#20 Aug 6, 2007
I have made this post on another soccer forum with regard to interest in America...I love to watch the game of soccer as well as well as other casual fans....But that also cause conflict as to tv programming with so much on the table, where does the game of soccer fit? College/NFL regular season runs from Sept-Dec, not including the playoffs and superbowl in Jan-Feb. College/NBA runs from Oct-June; College/MLB runs from Apr-Oct. On top of that there's Professional Golf; Arena Football; Pro tennis; WNBA; NHL; as well as other sports that are attention grabbers.

Right now, as you read, the owners of the Seattle Supersonics are pressuring the city for new arena (as current arena is subpar to the needs of current ownership), and is on the verge of departing to another town. What that tells me is this: Cities with multiple teams only have but so many dollars to which it can invest and soccer (in my opinion) is not high on the wish list.

San Siro - Milan

#21 Aug 7, 2007
ryan wrote:
<quoted text>yeah and how are you going to that
well it won't be hard.. practically every regular in this site hates you and every regular has been abused in one way or another by you... so i will post the comment about you to my good friend who edits the soccer forum and i will tell him that we will sign a petition requesting for you to be blocked... so i think it won't be that hard... so why don't you just stop acting like a kid and talk nicely with everyone!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Soccer: Battered Crew wins on late Mendoza goal... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Cox 1
Soccer | Champions League: Unusual call, late s... (Aug '10) Aug '10 RPV 1
Soccer | Champions League: Unusual call, late s... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Gary 3
Indios still winless, still have not scored (Aug '09) Aug '09 Jesus 2
Juarez Indios lose on penalty kick (Aug '09) Aug '09 Ana 2
Indios draw 0-0 against Santos (Feb '09) Feb '09 JUTEP 2
Weekly soccer column: Latino influx could help ... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Check 21
More from around the web