Alonso edges closer to Liverpool exit

Alonso edges closer to Liverpool exit

There are 8 comments on the RTE.ie story from May 28, 2008, titled Alonso edges closer to Liverpool exit. In it, RTE.ie reports that:

Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli is cautiously optimistic of reaching an agreement with Liverpool to sign Xabi Alonso.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RTE.ie.

Ammad

Pakistan

#1 May 28, 2008
xabi alonso is a pool legend now, he shouldn't go!
garth

South Africa

#2 May 29, 2008
dont sell xabi hes good for liverpool
Vincent

Singapore, Singapore

#3 May 29, 2008
When a man's gotta go, a man's gotta go... but recently, he's been a little off-form so probably it's time for him to move on & we wish him all the best and thank him for his past contributions to Liverpool, especially during the Champions League final in 2005...
bonnie

Sungai Petani, Malaysia

#4 May 29, 2008
No!!! Xabi Alonso should not go... he's good enough to play in other teams, but he should still stay, at least for a couple more seasons.
robbie

Rose Hill, Mauritius

#5 May 31, 2008
he's a great player.. shouldnt let him go! hope raffa will be able to replace him.. and bring other great players to anfield.. we need owen also
febyanita

Ciamis, Indonesia

#6 Jun 3, 2008
If he should go, then we just can hope that we will get a better player to replace him..
Master

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#7 Jun 4, 2008
Xabi Alonso's agent claims further talks are planned between Liverpool and Juventus with a view to the Spain international moving to Serie A.

Juve have been strongly linked with a move for Alonso as Claudio Ranieri is keen to bring the talented midfielder to Turin.

Liverpool could be willing to sell Alonso if they are successful in their pursuit of Aston Villa's Gareth Barry and Alonso's representative, Ignacio Ibanez says talks with Juventus have already taken place.
Keith abbey

Dublin, Ireland

#8 Jun 5, 2008
DO NOT sell alonso benitez. hes better than barry nd benitez loves masch so he wont be moved out of team if alonso stays and barry comes in. if were selling riise put barry at left back nd keep xabi nd javier in damiddle. BEnitez if u sell Alonso U are a JOKE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Real Sociedad Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vanity and arrogance have made me successful, i... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Maltepeli 8
News Barcelona - Real Sociedad Betting: Why David Mo... (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Sociedad, Villarreal win to stay in European hunt (Mar '14) Mar '14 Games4anime 1
Match Ticket (Oct '13) Oct '13 Graham 1
News Barcelona plays Malaga aiming to match Real Mad... (May '13) May '13 kunle oyekoya 1
News Benfica reportedly on verge of landing Jese Rod... (Apr '12) Apr '12 BEnfica bruv 1
News Streak for the Cash Picks-January 10 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Helper 1
More from around the web