Filatov leaves Blue Jackets | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Rookie left winger Nikita Filatov is leaving the Blue Jackets to return to his native Russia, The Dispatch has learned.
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ohio fan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Nice job, Hitch. HAppy now?
four-tee 5 fan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

I hope this is for the best. Maybe Filatov will be able to develop and grow more to a player if hitch's likeing. Now he can get more ice time and hopefully howson and hitch will keep an eye on him. Nik is very talented and he could really add to the cbj fire offense and pp (which is needed).
The Gaffer

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Brilliant move to solve the situation. It is common in world football for teams in the top leagues to loan promising players out to a smaller club in a lesser league to get their feet wet.

Since it was obvious Filatov did not yet have the physical strength to play in the NHL on one of the top two lines, this is the best solution to his continued development. Well played by Howson.
Lee

Lucasville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Glad to see a compromise was reached.

Those blaming Hitch for all of it, SHUT UP, you obviously haven't watched Nikita get pwned when the pressure has been turned up.

Nikita needs to bulk up and mature in many aspects. I look forward to his return next Fall.
CBJ88

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Yet another PR hit for a team that can seemingly do nothing right. Thanks Hitch!! What a pathetic franchise - would you please move already!
Otherkevin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

CBJ88, what the heck are you talking about? How is this any different than sending him back to the AHL? The agreement is that he'll come back next season to play for us.

And I'm not sure how anyone who knows anything about hockey and who has watched Filatov play could honestly blame Hitchcock for any of this. Filatov didn't play well enough to warrant more ice time. He had three turnovers on a single shift the other night, for crying out loud!

Filatov is a great talent, but he's not playing to the NHL level right now. He needs more time to grow physically and skill-wise, and this gives it to him.
Drew

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Good job Hitch. On a team that has trouble scoring goals you give away potential. The kid will never be back. In Russia he is a god. here he is discriminated against.

I think they actually want to move the team.
Clueless in Columbus

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

Glad I did'nt buy his rookie card!:)
Nos

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

On a different team with a different system he would have seen a lot of Ice Time. Unfortunately he is not physically the type of player that works well in a Hitch system.

There are a lot of guys like him in the league now,but it is the demanding forechecking system of Hitch's that he doesn't fit in with.

Unfortunately he probably won't ever play another game for the CBJ. He'll make too much money in the KHL to come back to a system he doesn't like.

I wish Hitch would have taken the good (needed scoring) and the bad (turnovers) in the short term as he matured.

Bottom line was unless he got top 6 minutes he wasn't going to develop into a top tier guy.
Laquanda

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

I heard filatov talking under his breath as he left nationwide today...he said "de coach, he is like a fat sweatball with the body odor of poopy sweat. De man is a fatball and now I must leave to go home"
dave chappelle

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Laquanda wrote:
I heard filatov talking under his breath as he left nationwide today...he said "de coach, he is like a fat sweatball with the body odor of poopy sweat. De man is a fatball and now I must leave to go home"
Would you rather have Gallant or MacLean back behind the bench? Gimme a break.
dave chappelle

Marion, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

CBJ88 wrote:
Yet another PR hit for a team that can seemingly do nothing right. Thanks Hitch!! What a pathetic franchise - would you please move already!
Have you looked at the standings once this year? Idiot.
lfod

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

League Contraction in NHL. NBA and MLB is coming
Speechless

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Oh my, Grove City, the hockey hotbed.
Bucks -- NOT PUCKS

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

The sooner the Blue Jackets and their minor-league organization leave town the better. Losers. Nothing but losers.
SomeoneWhoKnowsB etter

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Nos wrote:
I wish Hitch would have taken the good (needed scoring) and the bad (turnovers) in the short term as he matured.
Bottom line was unless he got top 6 minutes he wasn't going to develop into a top tier guy.
Why should he get top 6 minutes if he's not (yet) a top 6 guy? We have guys that are legit top-6 players who have already earned the minutes, and it would be wrong to bounce them just to let Filatov (hopefully) develop into a top 6 player. There is nothing wrong with making Filatov earn the position just like everyone else.

Two years ago he would have had all of the top 6 minutes he could handle because we had no depth at forward or scoring ability. Now we actually have a good team and know-nothing "fans" are whining because players have to actually earn their spot. What is this world coming to?
Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

All of you dip ****s that think offense is our problem wake up. We are currently 10th best on the power play and 14th best in goals scored. Not to shabby for a grinding checking type team huh?
chipperin

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Send him to detroit. We'll teach him how to play.
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Bucks -- NOT PUCKS wrote:
The sooner the Blue Jackets and their minor-league organization leave town the better. Losers. Nothing but losers.
Sad for you that you focus your all on the Buckeyes. I am imagining you mean football. Like most Buckeye fans, you spend your sports year waiting for 13 weeks of Brutus on the sidelines. Football is King in C-Bus, no doubt, but they play hockey at The Ohio State University too.
The Blue Jackets have put together a good team this year. Filatov is a talented young player, but he is no Sidnet Crosby. Not every team can afford to keep talented, but not quite ready for prime time players on the ice. Let him go home to Mother Russia. He will be back. They don`t have Starbucks or Chipotle there.
I love Buckeye Football as much as anyone out there, but I also like having other sports to delve into also. As a season ticket holder for the CBJ, it is easier to take a loss to Purdue. I have something else to look forward to, and I don`t have to go look for a bridge.
crackhead21

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Judged:

good riddance. take the whole team and stop "axing" for more money

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent CSKA Moscow Discussions

Search the CSKA Moscow Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ahmed Musa 'can't wait' for Ronaldo clash (Feb '12) Feb '12 Mabanga 2
Juventus legend Nedved big fan of Krasic (Oct '10) Apr '11 juventini 26
Honda drives CSKA Moscow into Champions League ... (Mar '10) Nov '10 Unlol 22
cska (Nov '10) Nov '10 Wojtek 1
Spartak Moscow to offer Zhirkov Chelsea escape (Sep '10) Sep '10 UAAF 2
Scouting report - CSKA Moscow at Magic, 7 (Oct '08) Aug '10 Unlol 2
Filatov regrets parting words | The Columbus Di... (Dec '09) Dec '09 CBJSUCKEN 14
•••
•••
•••