Bayern`s meaning???
Fayzh

Saudi Arabia

#1 Aug 13, 2006
If any-one of you is German...
please tell me..
What`s the meaning of the word:'Bayern'????
`cause I`d just die to know.......
thanx.......
Michael

Roseville, MI

#2 Aug 15, 2006
Bayern is the German word for "Bavaria" the German state that Munich is in.
MJ k

Oman

#3 Aug 16, 2006
then what does 'bayer' mean ?

as for bayer leverkusen
AlMa

Hungary

#4 May 11, 2009
MJ k wrote:
as for bayer leverkusen
Bayer is the name name of the pharmaceutical company that set up the club

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 10, 2009
MJ k wrote:
as for bayer leverkusen
BAYER is a drug company.
Bayer Leverkusen is a football club.
Bayer means a Bavarian.
Bayern means the state of Bavaria.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 10, 2009
Fayzh wrote:
If any-one of you is German...
please tell me..
What`s the meaning of the word:'Bayern'????
`cause I`d just die to know.......
thanx.......
"FC Bayern Munich" is a football club. That's what this forum is about. Aside from that, Bayern, refers to the state of Bavaria.
oliver

Cambridge, UK

#7 Apr 17, 2012
Bayern mean real in german. the club iis called real munich because there use to be so many football clubs in munich that all called themsheves the official munich team. but then bayern munich copy righted the name so they would be known as the real munich football team.
dododada

Towcester, UK

#8 Nov 2, 2012
oliver wrote:
Bayern mean real in german. the club iis called real munich because there use to be so many football clubs in munich that all called themsheves the official munich team. but then bayern munich copy righted the name so they would be known as the real munich football team.
Just to let you 'real' in spanish means 'royal'. and 'Royal' in German it's 'königlich'.
I say this because 'real' isn't in the German dictionary!
despayre

New York, NY

#9 Jun 30, 2013
MJ k wrote:
as for bayer leverkusen
Bayern means Bavarian, the region of Germany.
despayre

New York, NY

#10 Jun 30, 2013
Bayern means Bavarian, Bayer is the region of Bavaria.
Danny

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2013
dododada wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you 'real' in spanish means 'royal'. and 'Royal' in German it's 'königlich'.
I say this because 'real' isn't in the German dictionary!
you're wrong lol..
Jbbb

Glasgow, UK

#12 Feb 18, 2014
AlMa | May 11, 2009
MJ k wrote:
as for bayer leverkusen
Bayer is the name name of the pharmaceutical company that set up the club
He is right, the team was set up by the company
Jamsey3344

Glasgow, UK

#13 Feb 18, 2014
AlMa wrote:
<quoted text>Bayer is the name name of the pharmaceutical company that set up the club
This is correct, the company set up the club
Mayah Mino

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#14 Mar 26, 2014
According to history, the name 'Bayern' referring to the Boii tribe (Latin: Baio), in which is one of the early tribes that lived in where Bayern or Bavaria is situated today. As time passes, most of the words in the German linguistic with 'o' changed to 'a', for example 'home' becomes 'heim', thus 'boi' becomes 'bai'.

Then with many evolution and influences, the people of 'Bai' becomes 'Bayern'. The name 'Bavarian' has the Latin influence.'Ba' comes from the word 'Baio' and 'varia' comes from the word 'varii' that means 'the people who live in the area'. Thus, it becomes the Latin word 'Baiovarii' or 'Bavarian' as we know today.

The place where the Boii tribe lived was then named 'Boiheim' or today known as Bohemia.
Real-Munchen

Williamstown, Australia

#15 Oct 19, 2014
Mayah Mino wrote:
According to history, the name 'Bayern' referring to the Boii tribe (Latin: Baio), in which is one of the early tribes that lived in where Bayern or Bavaria is situated today. As time passes, most of the words in the German linguistic with 'o' changed to 'a', for example 'home' becomes 'heim', thus 'boi' becomes 'bai'.
Then with many evolution and influences, the people of 'Bai' becomes 'Bayern'. The name 'Bavarian' has the Latin influence.'Ba' comes from the word 'Baio' and 'varia' comes from the word 'varii' that means 'the people who live in the area'. Thus, it becomes the Latin word 'Baiovarii' or 'Bavarian' as we know today.
The place where the Boii tribe lived was then named 'Boiheim' or today known as Bohemia.
Good research....
2003emm3

Almaty, Kazakhstan

#16 Nov 13, 2014
Also, "Bayern" is derived from the Latin name "Baiuvarii", which in turn refers to the Celtic "Boii" tribe that inhabited present-day southern Germany and the neighboring Bohemia (Czech republic) during Antiquity. Both the names Bayern and Bohemia are derived from the name of this Celtic tribe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bayern Munich Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bastian Schweinsteiger joins MLS side Chicago Fire (Mar '17) Mar '17 Joins Phart 1
News Jose Mourinho offers Bastian Schweinsteiger lit... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Neato 1
News Bayern Munich president unhappy with Bastian Sc... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Nibbio 1
Take four trophies of Bundesliga titles team--B... (May '16) May '16 43regina 1
News 'It was weird he wasn't here' - Bayern stars re... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
Diyas took the first set off Ms Petkovic (Jul '15) Jul '15 ghorakala19 1
The Americans looked vastly improved (Jul '15) Jul '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web