German politics: It's a rainy day, su...

German politics: It's a rainy day, sunshine girl

There are 11 comments on the The Economist story from Sep 23, 2010, titled German politics: It's a rainy day, sunshine girl. In it, The Economist reports that:

A YEAR ago Angela Merkel was riding high. On September 27th the German chancellor won re-election. The "grand coalition" between her conservative Christian Democratic Union and the left-leaning Social Democratic Party was voted out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Economist.

Theo

Germany

#1 Sep 23, 2010
It must be said honestly that these parties most of all this SPD is responsible for hitleritelike invasion in Afghanistan, global crisis, ruining of own country, additionally outbreak of rascism and xenophobia and if people think that they must vote for another parties just like Die Grüne or Die Linke. It is time to change something for good. Now by next election or never.

Since: Nov 08

Cologne- Germany

#2 Sep 23, 2010
Not all Germans are.........
Nor all non-germans..........

Was halten Sie als unbeleiltggter vom Themea " Intelligens"
Most of the Germans are fed up with the nasty criminal life.
Bert

Magdeburg, Germany

#3 Sep 24, 2010
There are much better parties just like Die Linke or Die Grüne, CSU, even FDP which have good proposals, who are honest people and who could replace for instance: SPD, party which is co-responsible for 1. global financial crisis and financial crisis in own country - billions of euro from pockets of Germany tax - payers were sent to beloved USA - was it direct work of Herr Serazzin ( main member of SPD ad his fellows from the THIS Party), it was led to massive bancruptcy of firms, the second thing -2. crime against humanity in Afghanistan side by side with neohitlerite brothers from USSA and who knows maybe crime against humanity in Iraq - it is their work too but indirect 3. Outbreak or tries to restore rascism and hatred against minorities. 4 hostile attitude against own nation - to take off social help and pension with 67 or maybe better 70.
Normal people cannot vote for such party because they ruin this country.
What about this woman, Chancellor- She is not optimal but she and her party are much better than SPD.

Cologne- Germany

#4 Sep 24, 2010
Most of the Germans are fed up with SPD; CDU and FDP.
The present Government is as worse as ..........
Germany is immatured to develop people's democray

Cologne- Germany

#5 Sep 24, 2010
Are there any Germoans on Line other than my poorself?
If yes Please name one Geman politician who is above board?
Danke and thanks
Terr

Hanover, Germany

#6 Sep 25, 2010
People must give chance for another parties: Die Grüne, Die Linke, CSU, evtl. FDP.
These old parties especially SPD failed. They are lobbists and they do not take care of nation´´ needs. Otherwise, they try to lead to outbreak of rascism, probably to hide mess which was done by 8 years of rulling- and every mess, wars,financial crisis etc., bancruptcy are just blame of SPD and CDU.

Cologne- Germany

#7 Sep 25, 2010
I spent the whole day with Germans today.
Iwas not a nice trip because of the weather.
Most of the Germans who wish to exchange their views are fed up up with German politics.
Some of the Germans are much impressed with OBAMA but not US politics.
It was a sataturday picnik.
Germany is not India nor USA nor any other exotic country

Cologne- Germany

#8 Sep 25, 2010
Most of the Foreigners in Europe
( not excluding France and Germany) are happy while The Europeans are not happy with others.
I am human and a critical human

Cologne- Germany

#9 Sep 25, 2010
I don't know what is in store tomorrow.
But 50 percent of Germans are rational according to my assessment..
Still I feel so sorry the half of Germans are uirrational and uncritical.
My name is Ramafuchs
Theo

Germany

#10 Sep 25, 2010
Ramafuchs wrote:
I spent the whole day with Germans today.
Iwas not a nice trip because of the weather.
Most of the Germans who wish to exchange their views are fed up up with German politics.
Some of the Germans are much impressed with OBAMA but not US politics.
It was a sataturday picnik.
Germany is not India nor USA nor any other exotic country
Certainly that it must be change and another politicians must get own chance. Die Grüne, Die Linke, FDP. Let new politicians have their chance too.
What about Obama - there are no significant differences between him and his administration and bush and his administration.
These people in usa should vote for another parties and give no more chances for democrats and republicans. Their time should be out.

Cologne- Germany

#11 Sep 25, 2010
Theo
sorry.
Politics is a hapless, thankless job-surrounded with lobby .
We have to swim in the dirty, nasty, despical,dastarly, baanal, corrupt system.

The whole system is rotten to the core .
As a critical observer of the so called CIVILIZED world i wish my natural death
Rama Fuchs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Democratic Party of Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Germany legalizes same-sex marriage after Merke... (Jun '17) Jul '17 Robert 45
News Germany's Merkel starts 3rd term in new coalition (Dec '13) May '17 Macron your Presi... 62
News Cyber spies target German party think-tanks ahe... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Xstain Mullah Aroma 1
News a Germany Threatens to Sue Facebook: Not Deleti... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Corporate Corruption 1
News German Chancellor Angela Merkel has said the TT... (Aug '16) Sep '16 Captain Yesterday 48
News EU-US trade deal talks have stalled, says Germa... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Le Jimbo 6
News German minister calls for new arms control agre... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web