No Cigarettes at Oktoberfest: Bavaria Bans Smoking

Jul 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Time

Visitors to Munich's world-famous Oktoberfest beer festival will soon be in for a nasty surprise if they decide to spark up a smoke to go with that ale - starting next year, they could face a hefty fine.

Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Tobacco money is blood money”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 13, 2010
This smoking ban is going to make going to Octoberfest so much more pleasant. No SHS and no peckerhead smokers. A win-win situation.
PU4U

Nashville, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2010
You'd think the fire department would have forced this a long time ago, to keep from setting off highly flammable beer farts.
PU4U

Nashville, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2010
I found it disengenuous that the author referred to this regulation as "draconian", and that they credited voters' complaints with toppling the earlier regulation when this enjoys support of 61%.

It would almost make you think the author and/or the editor and/or the publisher smoke, know what I mean?
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#4 Jul 14, 2010
Now, let's see... They're going to get who knows how many people sloshed on strong German beer, in what's supposed to be a happy, raucous national party for these people... And then strictly prohibit smoking through the festivities...
Ummm... o.k....-That aughtta go over real smoothly and well; ah?

PU4U

Nashville, TN

#5 Jul 15, 2010
Now, let's see...They're going to get who knows how many people sloshed on strong German beer, in what's supposed to be a happy, raucous national party for these people...and NO ONE is going to have to put up with a face full of TOBACCO SMOKE during the ENTIRE CELEBRATION!!

YEAH!!
PU4U

Nashville, TN

#6 Jul 15, 2010
PU4U wrote:
You'd think the fire department would have forced this a long time ago, to keep from setting off highly flammable beer farts.
I STILL want to know what the international "NO FARTING" symbol would look like.
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#7 Jul 15, 2010
PU4U wrote:
Now, let's see...They're going to get who knows how many people sloshed on strong German beer, in what's supposed to be a happy, raucous national party for these people...and NO ONE is going to have to put up with a face full of TOBACCO SMOKE during the ENTIRE CELEBRATION!!
YEAH!!
Wanna bet?

“Tobacco money is blood money”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 15, 2010
Former US Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet?
Actually, since I plan on being there, I will let you know what the difference is between last year when I was there and smoking was allowed and next year when smoking will not be allowed. I do know that the vast majority of German eateries and pubs I went into did follow the laws regarding smoking. As a people, the Germans can be quite regimented and tend to follow the laws unlike former marines who were kicked out of the corp because they could not follow directives and rules.
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#9 Jul 15, 2010
YouCanQuit wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, since I plan on being there, I will let you know what the difference is between last year when I was there and smoking was allowed and next year when smoking will not be allowed. I do know that the vast majority of German eateries and pubs I went into did follow the laws regarding smoking. As a people, the Germans can be quite regimented and tend to follow the laws unlike former marines who were kicked out of the corp because they could not follow directives and rules.
It may have been a long time ago, but my military record is without blemish; discharged honorably, and decorated for Honest, Faithful Service (H&S Co. 2nd battalion/3rd Mar. Ist Marine Div.)
On the subject of honesty: Your spewn gibberish over the internet, with my tip of the hat to many readers with common sense here, is in all probability bought by few - those being predominantly a bunch of hate-filled neurotics - at best.
Say what you like, scrotum head. Grounded people see through it.
-As for your visit to Germany, I'm sure many would have to agree that would be an excellent country for you - circa 1943. Sieg Hiel! You blithering idiot. I'm sure people see through you like a glass house. Get a grip. And while you're at it, get a life, you replulsive fool.
DaMan

Germany

#10 Jul 16, 2010
Its about time that Germany joins the modern world and does something about that nasty habit... Germans are clueless when it comes to smoking, rights, etc.

Not like they dont stink enough already due to their very poor hygiene
DaMan

Germany

#11 Jul 16, 2010
Former US Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have been a long time ago, but my military record is without blemish; discharged honorably, and decorated for Honest, Faithful Service (H&S Co. 2nd battalion/3rd Mar. Ist Marine Div.)
On the subject of honesty: Your spewn gibberish over the internet, with my tip of the hat to many readers with common sense here, is in all probability bought by few - those being predominantly a bunch of hate-filled neurotics - at best.
Say what you like, scrotum head. Grounded people see through it.
-As for your visit to Germany, I'm sure many would have to agree that would be an excellent country for you - circa 1943. Sieg Hiel! You blithering idiot. I'm sure people see through you like a glass house. Get a grip. And while you're at it, get a life, you replulsive fool.
here we have an example of someone claiming to be a marine, but in reality, he whines and gets all emotional and flustered over a simple comment.... what a child... this weak, crying coward makes me sick... and then to pose as a US Marine... I ought to kick this dweeb's azz back to his fat cvnt of a whore mother's trailer park...

sit down and shut the f*ck up boy, before I sit you down and shut you the f*ck up: PERMANENTLY!
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#12 Jul 16, 2010
DaMan wrote:
<quoted text>
here we have an example of someone claiming to be a marine, but in reality, he whines and gets all emotional and flustered over a simple comment.... what a child... this weak, crying coward makes me sick... and then to pose as a US Marine... I ought to kick this dweeb's azz back to his fat cvnt of a whore mother's trailer park...
sit down and shut the f*ck up boy, before I sit you down and shut you the f*ck up: PERMANENTLY!
Sure, Adolph... sure. Look, I don't know if the lederhosen you're wearing there's a little too tight, or if the schnapps over there is stronger than I thought. A reality would be good advise, I'm certain. In your case, a labotomy, probably better advise.

Not to change the subject too much, but I'm not ordinarily into the habit of locking horns with idiots. There's far more worthwhile challenges out there. Still, here's some interesting reading for you - http://www.smokescreens.org/smokingathletes.h...

Translate that for any and all nicotine-nazi's in the fatherland. Guten tag, mien Fuhrer; and if anything you said is real, I'm delighted I've made you sick. The rest ~ gibberish.
Sober up. And if you have to kid yourself quite this much, try not to do it publicly. Auf Wiedersehen, you nut.
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#13 Jul 16, 2010
'reality'= reality check.

Auf Wiedersehen. NOT ~
DaMan

Germany

#14 Jul 16, 2010
Former US Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, Adolph... sure. Look, I don't know if the lederhosen you're wearing there's a little too tight, or if the schnapps over there is stronger than I thought. A reality would be good advise, I'm certain. In your case, a labotomy, probably better advise.
Not to change the subject too much, but I'm not ordinarily into the habit of locking horns with idiots. There's far more worthwhile challenges out there. Still, here's some interesting reading for you - http://www.smokescreens.org/smokingathletes.h...
Translate that for any and all nicotine-nazi's in the fatherland. Guten tag, mien Fuhrer; and if anything you said is real, I'm delighted I've made you sick. The rest ~ gibberish.
Sober up. And if you have to kid yourself quite this much, try not to do it publicly. Auf Wiedersehen, you nut.
you are a total idiot... thanks for proving it... you obviously egocentrically focus on yourself so much you miss everything else....

hint: you would be spared of your miserable embarrassment if you would have bothered to READ... but since you blab more than you read, you just dont get it: another inexperienced, naive, whiny little boy, bitter at the world that your small penis drove your woman to get f*cked very well by a guy very much like me... he made her scream and clinch the sheets, like she had never experienced before with short, fat, boring, pathetically hung you

I dont smoke, kiddo... I jog 9km/day, work out everyday and play on a variety of sports teams... people with chiseled sculpted bodies with a 6 pack that runs many events for chariety DO NOT SMOKE....

furthermore, empty more German Stereotypes about lederhosen and the like, proving you have never been outside your small town trailer park somewhere in boring redneck Kansas.... no one wears lederhose in Berlin...lol... furthermore, Im from New York, numbnuts... again, embarrassing for you... you know NYC? someone you wouldnt make it 10 minutes before we'd have your whiny azz, running and screaming like the piss bag little girl you are.

(SLAP!)

here endeth the lesson.... >:)
Former US Marine

Aurora, CO

#15 Jul 16, 2010
DaMan wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a total idiot... thanks for proving it... you obviously egocentrically focus on yourself so much you miss everything else....
hint: you would be spared of your miserable embarrassment if you would have bothered to READ... but since you blab more than you read, you just dont get it: another inexperienced, naive, whiny little boy, bitter at the world that your small penis drove your woman to get f*cked very well by a guy very much like me... he made her scream and clinch the sheets, like she had never experienced before with short, fat, boring, pathetically hung you
I dont smoke, kiddo... I jog 9km/day, work out everyday and play on a variety of sports teams... people with chiseled sculpted bodies with a 6 pack that runs many events for chariety DO NOT SMOKE....
furthermore, empty more German Stereotypes about lederhosen and the like, proving you have never been outside your small town trailer park somewhere in boring redneck Kansas.... no one wears lederhose in Berlin...lol... furthermore, Im from New York, numbnuts... again, embarrassing for you... you know NYC? someone you wouldnt make it 10 minutes before we'd have your whiny azz, running and screaming like the piss bag little girl you are.
(SLAP!)
here endeth the lesson.... >:)
flushhhhh.
DaMan

Germany

#16 Jul 16, 2010
Former US Marine wrote:
<quoted text>
flushhhhh.
interesting choice of words... considering we are trying to figure out what toilet you popped out of.
PU4U

Nashville, TN

#17 Jul 16, 2010
Hey, come on.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#18 Jul 16, 2010
wrong decision.
drink beers, eat pretzels, smoke some cigarettes is a large part of it all.
havenīt you heard, we wish to smoke, with those freeloads ?
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#19 Jul 16, 2010
There was a German scientist who, in the 1920s, did some research on lung cancer. He found the only strong connection among the victims of this disease to be smoking--AND he found that the disease was significantly more prominent in the spouses of smokers than in the general population. He called for an immediate proscription against smoking.

His career was nipped in the bud when the Nazis took over, because he refused to become one of them.

Perhaps Germany has finally gotten past the association of smoking regulations with Hitler, and they are able to embrace one of the few things the Nazis got RIGHT.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

#20 Jul 16, 2010
When I smoke in a place designated for it, just walk away and let me enjoy my cigarettes.
Case closed !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Democratic Party of Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Joke German Political Party Has Won 2 Seats I... Aug 3 Ing 1
Perkovic extradition saga continues (Jan '14) Jan '14 Dr Milan Sufflay 5
Migrant Tide Vexes Germany (Jan '14) Jan '14 Sltvenia 1
Romania and Bulgaria Migration Issue Divides Ge... (Jan '14) Jan '14 BULGAR ASIEV 2
Japan's Aso refuses to resign over Nazi comment (Aug '13) Dec '13 fukuda 2
Germany's Merkel starts 3rd term in new coalition (Dec '13) Dec '13 swedenforever 39
Berlin won't migrate to open source, looks to o... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Martin 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Social Democratic Party of Germany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••