Mexican Complaint of U.S. 'Ignorance ...

Mexican Complaint of U.S. 'Ignorance and Prejudice'

There are 778 comments on the cis.org story from Jun 11, 2011, titled Mexican Complaint of U.S. 'Ignorance and Prejudice'. In it, cis.org reports that:

A prominent member of Mexico's political establishment complained Thursday about "mind-boggling" U.S. disregard for his country.

"The ignorance and prejudice that there is in the United States about Mexico is staggering. It's mind-boggling – starting with Capitol Hill," said Carlos Heredia, a former Mexican congressman who now directs the international studies program at the prestigious Center for Economic Research and Instruction in Mexico City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cis.org.

First Prev
of 39
Next Last
LindaRN

Spokane, WA

#1 Jun 11, 2011
And how many illegal immigranst live in Mexico? And how many of them are on the public dole, like Mexican illegal immigrants are here?

I rest my case.
Maggie

Saint George, UT

#2 Jun 11, 2011
Someone needs to tell this prominent Mexican that he is also arrogant,rude and wrong.

US citizens are not streaming into his country,using their resources,trying to escape to a "better life". However,Mexican citizens are doing everything they can to get out of Mexico. After reading Mr. Heredias comments,I can better understand why people want out. Just one more Mexican who thinks they can take everything we have and then act like WE are the scum of the earth. Sounds a little like liberal deflection psychology to me.

Perhaps his concern is WE do understand Mexicans.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 11, 2011
the "prominent" Mexico must be on the drugs they sell over here..who cares what the Mexico gov't says their country has become a cesspool
US Citizen

Seattle, WA

#4 Jun 11, 2011
F... mexihole and it's parasites who come here to sponge off of taxpayers. mexicants have no pride the steal everything they can, sell their woman,kill our citizens . They (mexicants) are filling up our jails. Then the wonder why we start hating them.
dam ba

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Jun 12, 2011
Of the three contiguous nations in the Northern American Hemisphere, Canada and USA have grown srong and prosperous while Mexico has gone downhill. This is because we have a strong rule of law; and we have a republic with a representative process that citizens or their reps must respect and go through to effect change. Mexican advocates and leaders are always speaking in ad hominens and are always trying to gain an exception for Mexicans. Sorry, no exceptions, especially for a people who claim to be Christian but don't even understand the golden rule. When you can make your country work, then we might listen to your criticism

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#6 Jun 12, 2011
US Citizen wrote:
F... mexihole and it's parasites who come here to sponge off of taxpayers. mexicants have no pride the steal everything they can, sell their woman,kill our citizens . They (mexicants) are filling up our jails. Then the wonder why we start hating them.
What the Local News Doesn't Show You

&fe ature=PlayList&p=19B5A619C E26C5A4&index=56&playn ext=2&playnext_from=PL
Fed Up Vet

Manassas, VA

#7 Jun 12, 2011
How anyone could complain about how this country views Mexico is beyond belief. Any country which exports its own population and then demands we support them does not deserve any respect by the world community. It's time for Mexico to solve its own problems.

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#8 Jun 12, 2011
Keep your people at home. None of this would be a problem if Mexico would take care of its people. A fence makes good neighbors.
Mexican

Austin, TX

#9 Jun 13, 2011
You have the vocabulary or a parasite yourself. Disinfect yourself big amoeba...
The Black Cauldron

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2011

American Complaint of Mexico 'Deceit and Corruption'
Mexican

Austin, TX

#11 Jun 13, 2011
You obviously don't know anything about Mexico we have a very large immigrant population. Believe it or not there are other countries in worst situation than Mexico. we embrace them and educate them because we know they are here to stay. They pay taxes and work hard. You can rest your case now.
Mexican

Austin, TX

#12 Jun 13, 2011
Maggie wrote:
Someone needs to tell this prominent Mexican that he is also arrogant,rude and wrong.
US citizens are not streaming into his country,using their resources,trying to escape to a "better life". However,Mexican citizens are doing everything they can to get out of Mexico. After reading Mr. Heredias comments,I can better understand why people want out. Just one more Mexican who thinks they can take everything we have and then act like WE are the scum of the earth. Sounds a little like liberal deflection psychology to me.
Perhaps his concern is WE do understand Mexicans.
Using resources? Mexicans go to the US to work. Are they elegible for unemployment as soon as they get there?
I didn't think so. They work and GENERATE resources by paying taxes. Taxes they don't ever get to see again once taken out of their paycheck. The difference between you and a mexican is that you are elegible for unemployment food-stamps, medicaid, etc.. ejoy...
Mexican

Austin, TX

#13 Jun 13, 2011
bomc wrote:
the "prominent" Mexico must be on the drugs they sell over here..who cares what the Mexico gov't says their country has become a cesspool
I read a comment form an American complaining about Mexico making a cesspool of the US. And now you'r saying Mexico is a cesspool too...who understands you guys?
Mexican

Austin, TX

#14 Jun 13, 2011
dam ba wrote:
Of the three contiguous nations in the Northern American Hemisphere, Canada and USA have grown srong and prosperous while Mexico has gone downhill. This is because we have a strong rule of law; and we have a republic with a representative process that citizens or their reps must respect and go through to effect change. Mexican advocates and leaders are always speaking in ad hominens and are always trying to gain an exception for Mexicans. Sorry, no exceptions, especially for a people who claim to be Christian but don't even understand the golden rule. When you can make your country work, then we might listen to your criticism
Man, you need a reality check. Strong economy? where? You must be rich to be talking like that. Drive a BMW? Own a mansion? Are you a CEO no? Well don't feel; bad. 95% of the US population is in the same boat. The US only works for the rich. You are not. If you were, you would not be wasting your time writing here.
Mexican

Austin, TX

#15 Jun 13, 2011
Afghan - Iraq Vet wrote:
Keep your people at home. None of this would be a problem if Mexico would take care of its people. A fence makes good neighbors.
Dude, Mexicans where here before the US pushed the fence further south. What is more, the treaty signed with Mexico estipulated that the Mexicans that were already in (Mexico back then) where going to stay. So say hello to your neighbor in the morning.. be a good citizen..
Mexican

Austin, TX

#16 Jun 13, 2011
Fed Up Vet wrote:
How anyone could complain about how this country views Mexico is beyond belief. Any country which exports its own population and then demands we support them does not deserve any respect by the world community. It's time for Mexico to solve its own problems.
Buddy, the US is not the center of the world, don't get so indignant. Nobody is asking you to support anyone. They are asking you to have some respect for your fellow humans. You are human too no? Welcome to the club, grab a beer, enjoy life bro. You sound sour and hateful. Is there someone you love?
Mexican

Austin, TX

#17 Jun 13, 2011
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
What the Local News Doesn't Show You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8_ScYY__oykXX&feature=Pla yList&p=19B5A619CE26C5A4 &index=56&playnext=2 &playnext_from=PL
You express yourself worse than a parasite yourself. Clan up your language amoeba.
UdiotRaceMakeWor ldPeace

Santa Clara, CA

#18 Jun 13, 2011
The 183 nations members of UN is starting to see the US in a bad light and as big bully and only 4 see US in a good light! What we as American learn from this, our US war mongers/soldiers are not doing America people any good.
Zahira-NL

United States

#19 Jun 13, 2011
I'm surprised how stupid you "Americans" are. I'm full-blood Mexican, I've lived here most of my life I consider myself an American, but you "vets" & your nasty mouths make me feel ashamed of being American.
You try to sound smart but being rude & obnoxious shows what a real idiot you are.
I'm thinking about joining the Marines to serve & protect people, & because my husband who is full-blood Mexican is a Marine in the U.S.
But forget it why work for a country who likes to look down on the people who have helped the economy for many many years.
Thank You Mexican for showing these narrow-minded people the truth.
UdiotRaceMakeWor ldPeace

Santa Clara, CA

#20 Jun 13, 2011
Zahira-NL wrote:
I'm surprised how stupid you "Americans" are. I'm full-blood Mexican, I've lived here most of my life I consider myself an American, but you "vets" & your nasty mouths make me feel ashamed of being American.
You try to sound smart but being rude & obnoxious shows what a real idiot you are.
I'm thinking about joining the Marines to serve & protect people, & because my husband who is full-blood Mexican is a Marine in the U.S.
But forget it why work for a country who likes to look down on the people who have helped the economy for many many years.
Thank You Mexican for showing these narrow-minded people the truth.
I took feel ashame to be an AMerican who see those war mongering /war supporting AMericans who ruin the US and other nations.

I would want to become a dumb Soldiers a pawn/sychophant who only serve to protect the corrupted/greedy US leaders geo-poliitcal agendas, and war-for-profiteering agendas ... that does benefit World Humanity!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Party of the Democratic Revolution Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mired in crisis, Mexican president aided by dis... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Dolmance 1
News Recount demanded in Mexico election (Jul '12) Jul '12 Liberals eat Feces 1
News Are bars and nightclubs in Puerto Vallarta, Can... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Here Is One 1
News Mexican congressional hopeful bares some skin i... (May '12) May '12 maurice 1
News Josefina Vazquez Mota Gets Party's Presidential... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Walter 1
News C rdenas: Immigration reform... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Disgusting 1
News Mayor of Mexico resort arrested for drug gang ties (Jun '10) Jun '10 Mary or Marucha 1
More from around the web