Sligo, Ireland

#1 Nov 8, 2010
The media refers to US as having to take the pain of serious state of this little country. I lived in Bray from 1990-2006. During that time shop owners on the main thoroughfares closed and in their places Charity shops opened. They got their stock for nothing therefore able to pay rates and rents. I saw during the so called Celtic Tiger years these prospering. Who do you think was buying their stocks? Yes, the OAPs, single parents and other poor decent people.Meanwhile the bankers were piling up the millions in profits. They came in each year with monotony of millions and billions in recent years. They paid themselves too and now they are unable to roll in a euro in profit, it seems. The ICC and ACC were created to give businesses and farmers loans in 1950s. The govn. sold them and now there is no money loaned.
Where do we go now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fianna Fail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martin accuses Sinn Fein of undermining 1916 Ri... (Apr '15) May '15 Trevor 5
News Sinn Fein sees 'progressive alliance' with Labour (Feb '14) Feb '14 John 1
News Nationalist archive (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tyler 1
News Fianna Fail slams Thatcher parties (Apr '13) Apr '13 puddle 2
News DUP-Sinn Fein - put party interests first' (Oct '12) Nov '12 Dubbadub 6
News One After Another, European Leaders Get The Boot (Apr '12) Apr '12 agfds 2
News Michael D. Higgins favored to win Irish preside... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Donker 44
More from around the web