Ireland votes in crucial election

Ireland votes in crucial election

There are 6 comments on the Ballymoney Today story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Ireland votes in crucial election. In it, Ballymoney Today reports that:

Voters in the Irish Republic are at the polls in the most eagerly anticipated election in decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ballymoney Today.

bronck burger

Fair Lawn, NJ

#1 Feb 25, 2011
I'LL DRINK to THAT

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#2 Feb 25, 2011
There are serious issues in Ireland. The Irish people have a choice to make. Do they vote out their government for an entire new crowd that will follow the way of those in Iceland, or, will they cower to the EU and the IMF?

If they do not follow the way of those in Iceland, they will end up like Greece.
Anon

UK

#3 Feb 25, 2011
Ireland,for the last 8years at least sold themselves to the IRISH! Now, they have no country or outsider to blame,but themselves!What now?? Are they still blaming UK for their mishaps??? Who do they blame for the internal greedy illusions of their own central government for ludicrous housing developments which overwhelms the whole Irish population anyway! Who on earth did their govt think would populate these houses??{Much more than the country needed and money better spent on important economic nest eggs} Im not against Ireland in any way {Im Irish and living in a beautiful estate near Culloden in Scotland} Im breathing a sigh of relief now,after buying my home nearly 4yrs ago,and it was a toss between Scotland {my wifes home} or the newer built estates near Dublin{my birthplace} I never was for UK and their agendas,but my wife and her family taught me things Id never of had the chance of learning at home! Im glad I made the choice I did! My wife and her family incidentally are Scottish Nationalists,they showed me they are humane,intelligent,patriotic{m uch more than us Irish realise}and Ive learned so much from them and I am thankful and happy!!They say,OK,we have devolution and that must make our dead national heroes happy,at least!!But we dont want living heroes to die,as they did in our bloodied history! Northern Ireland achieved absolutely nothing but a Murder status{on both sides}and if thats their status to fame,then so be it{SHAME}They fight and kill each other,but tell me??? Do they really know what all their background ancestry is?because Ive learned,being here in Scotland and have friends who way back came from Irish catholic,but now are prod and vice versa,meeting prods who have changed to catholic,wether it be through marriage,or them finding their ancestry!! Its all a sham,just like the current economic crisis!! MANMADE and wholly responsible,,through GREED!!!!
slainte

UK

#4 Feb 25, 2011
I agree with your words, I am from both Scots,Irish and religion is afreedom to whatever my family chooses,thats why we live in a free democracy!! I, like yourself live in scotland,although I may be more remote,but we have both catholic and protestant on the island which never was,or is an issue,we know what our neighbours are but respect each other.{My parents are from donegal area} My sons are celtic and older one rangers,although I,myself,support none!! Thats what I call being free,and we are so lucky!As for the economy,Im lucky,im still in a job,as is my wife,I shout now for Scotland!But in a way,{As we have no full powers yet!}Westminster does try{Be it,by keeping us quiet!!!}And thats enough for me,until I bide my time to rise!!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 25, 2011
Kahoki wrote:
There are serious issues in Ireland. The Irish people have a choice to make. Do they vote out their government for an entire new crowd that will follow the way of those in Iceland, or, will they cower to the EU and the IMF?
If they do not follow the way of those in Iceland, they will end up like Greece.
I hope they don't cower to the EU and get away from a system that will be bad for Ireland.
DrinK the_HiVe

Orlando, FL

#6 Feb 25, 2011
I See It More As,Representing A Potential Problem 4 The Average Irish Peasants Citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fianna Fail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martin accuses Sinn Fein of undermining 1916 Ri... (Apr '15) May '15 Trevor 5
News Sinn Fein sees 'progressive alliance' with Labour (Feb '14) Feb '14 John 1
News Nationalist archive (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tyler 1
News Fianna Fail slams Thatcher parties (Apr '13) Apr '13 puddle 2
News DUP-Sinn Fein - put party interests first' (Oct '12) Nov '12 Dubbadub 6
News One After Another, European Leaders Get The Boot (Apr '12) Apr '12 agfds 2
News Michael D. Higgins favored to win Irish preside... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Donker 44
More from around the web