Greens seek financial transparency

Greens seek financial transparency

There are 6 comments on the Irish Independent story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Greens seek financial transparency. In it, Irish Independent reports that:

Green Party leader John Gormley with Trevor Sargent and Oisin O hAlmhain Sunday February 06 2011 The Greens have demanded political parties release their finances for public scrutiny and declare how they are funding the General Election campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Irish Independent.

Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Feb 6, 2011
Greens seek financial transparency.

ALL parties should have financial transparency or not be put on the ballots in states. States should require financial transparency of candidates befor they can be placed on voting ballots for election.

“just a regular guy”

Since: Jan 11

Collinwood, TN

#2 Feb 6, 2011
yeah baby! I like this one. I wanna see every politician and corporation that gets federal grants books...:)

vote in my poll if you have a moment. Do you think the drug war is winnable?
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T3FBGUC...
goose

Park Forest, IL

#3 Feb 6, 2011
Agitator wrote:
Greens seek financial transparency.
ALL parties should have financial transparency or not be put on the ballots in states. States should require financial transparency of candidates befor they can be placed on voting ballots for election.
Sounds great on the surface, problem is what is done outside the direct control of a party.
Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Feb 6, 2011
goose wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great on the surface, problem is what is done outside the direct control of a party.
All candidates should have to disclose all contributions to them before they can be put on a states voting ballot.
SupremeWhite

United States

#7 Feb 9, 2011
I agree with the green party
goose

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Agitator:
Much help, or harm, is done for any given candidate by sources that are not contributions to that candidate or party. Hence not under the control of that cadidate or party. This happenes on all sides.
Another problem with what you say is "BEFORE they can be put on a states voting ballot".
It wouldn't be known who ALL the contibutors are at that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fianna Fail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martin accuses Sinn Fein of undermining 1916 Ri... May '15 Trevor 5
News Sinn Fein sees 'progressive alliance' with Labour (Feb '14) Feb '14 John 1
News Nationalist archive (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tyler 1
News Fianna Fail slams Thatcher parties (Apr '13) Apr '13 puddle 2
News DUP-Sinn Fein - put party interests first' (Oct '12) Nov '12 Dubbadub 6
News One After Another, European Leaders Get The Boot (Apr '12) Apr '12 agfds 2
News Michael D. Higgins favored to win Irish preside... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Donker 44
More from around the web