Japan opposition takes on economy aft...

Japan opposition takes on economy after landslide

There are 12 comments on the Earthlink story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Japan opposition takes on economy after landslide. In it, Earthlink reports that:

Koji Sasahara August 31, 2009 3:59 AM EDT TOKYO - Japan's new prime minister rushed Monday to select Cabinet ministers after his party trounced the ruling conservatives in elections and inherited a mountain of problems, including how to revive the world's second-largest economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earthlink.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Tip O' the Day for Japan:

Don't Follow Obama's Disaster. Simply look to China for proof of what to do. Look at Obama as what NOT to Do.

Success can be yours.

Since: Jun 09

Brooklyn NY

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Setting the stage for 2010 elections

“He who laughs last...”

Since: May 09

...laughs best of all.

#3 Aug 31, 2009
The laughing liberal wrote:
Don't Follow Obama's Disaster. Simply look to China for proof of what to do. Look at Obama as what NOT to Do.
Success can be yours.
Your forgetting that the "Obama Disaster" was cause by the past 20 or so years of dumb redneck presidents and he is just trying to clean up the mess. I'm amazed at how many Racist people their still are in the country.
Les Claypool

United States

#4 Aug 31, 2009
Good try on the race card, but critisizing your government is not racism. I have yet to read one single racist comment from TLL. He's usually hammer on nail.
Crazy Ox3thong

West Newton, IN

#5 Aug 31, 2009
Success can be yours.
do U wanna Ebama job?:-0
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#6 Aug 31, 2009
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Your forgetting that the "Obama Disaster" was cause by the past 20 or so years of dumb redneck presidents and he is just trying to clean up the mess. I'm amazed at how many Racist people their still are in the country.
Do not be amazed..RACISTS all put OBAMA in office....Stop your Ole Racist BS...its you who scream the loudest who are Racists...the Wright mentality exists in every one of you...as it does in SHAKA ZULU,before he got Ammenisia....but it comes out often...HONKEYS HATE WHITE PEOPLE!..as you continually show us!!...and of course its just your own hate expressed..others do not...BLACKNECK!!LOL!!

“He who laughs last...”

...laughs best of all.

#9 Aug 31, 2009
Les Claypool wrote:
Good try on the race card, but critisizing your government is not racism. I have yet to read one single racist comment from TLL. He's usually hammer on nail.
People simply use governmental issues to express their racism. Its the Rush Limbaugh complex.

Even if we elected MacCain we would still be in this same mess, or knowing him and Palin probably worse.
Jim Shorts

Richmond, VA

#10 Aug 31, 2009
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
People simply use governmental issues to express their racism. Its the Rush Limbaugh complex.
Even if we elected MacCain we would still be in this same mess, or knowing him and Palin probably worse.
This is the most ignorant comment i have ever read on Topix
lily boca raton fl

United States

#11 Aug 31, 2009
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes thats absolutely correct.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 31, 2009
Success can be yours.
Yeah let us look to China. Toxins in baby food, pet food and children's toys. Soaring polution levels. Poor working conditions on top of even worse wages. Yup...good idea, follow China's example.
Les Claypool

United States

#13 Aug 31, 2009
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there's plenty of racists idiots on this board, but not TLL.
Ronin_LLC wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I voted for Ron Paul.

“He who laughs last...”

...laughs best of all.

#14 Aug 31, 2009
Les Claypool wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, there's plenty of racists idiots on this board, but not TLL.
<quoted text>
That's why I voted for Ron Paul.
Ron Paul would have been in the same boat. Hell even if we elected Stephen Hawking we'd still be in the toilet because this doesn't happen over night. The economy like bureaucracy has a definitive lag in the time between cause and effect. The effects usally don't happen til after the guy who caused them (or in this case both of them) and the next guy in line gets egg on his face. Example: Regan started the black market arms dealing to arm Afghanistan, and as a result Bush/Clinton had to deal with the gulf war. Regan made the mistake and Bush got blamed for it.

Bush worked hard to improve the economy after Regan all but bent it over the the Oval office desk and ass raped it. What happened? Clinton got the credit because the economy picked up and unemployment went down. Bush did the work Clinton got the credit.

See? People just don't understand how their own system works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democratic Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fukushima governor will not seek re-election Feb '15 BIG 1 was 4yrs ago 1
News Asia's moment of peace waits for Japan Jan '15 WOMKENPAGIOMIDEBD... 10
News The people's Emperor speaks truth to power Jan '15 WORMKENDELATIDEBD... 6
News Total safety an illusion for Japan's nuclear re... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Frank 1
News Repairing Japan-China ties (Sep '14) Sep '14 CH4WORM100YENDEBD... 2
News Pyongyang abductee probe stirs speculation of e... (Jul '14) Jul '14 SHYKORA PAUL art... 1
News Sexist rant sparks gender issues for Japan PM (Jul '14) Jul '14 Ainu 3
More from around the web