Futenma May deadline a political time...

Futenma May deadline a political time bomb

There are 1 comment on the Asahi Shimbun story from Apr 19, 2010, titled Futenma May deadline a political time bomb. In it, Asahi Shimbun reports that:

Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama will face intense pressure to step down if his government fails to reach a decision on relocating the Futenma air base in Okinawa Prefecture to an island in southern Japan by his self-imposed end of May deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asahi Shimbun.

JosephMendiola

Hagatna, Guam

#1 Apr 19, 2010
As an afterthought, perhaps this is opportunity for the Japan to give or sell the Bonins Islands [Iwo Jima] to the US, as various local Perts + Myself believe the Bonins/Volcano Islands are geologically part of the Marianas chain anyways. I also personally believe the Bonins are a part of my ancient Chamorro heritage and culture which was lost in the aftermath of the European conquest of the Marianas, i.e. Spanish-Chamorro wars and Christianization, and since. Japan as a US Ally can still partake in joint international services with the USDOD on the islands. PRAGMATICALLY, IFF TOKYO'S GOVT POLS EXPECT TO RESOLVE LOCAL APATHY OVER THE CONTINUING PRESENCE OF THE US BASES IN JAPAN, THIS OPTION ALLOWS THE US OR US-JAPAN TO REDEV THE OLD WW2 "MARBO" REGION OF GUAM, CNMI + BONINS SAVE OKINAWA TO EFFECTIVELY SUPPORT JAPAN + SOUTH KOREA DURNG TIMES OF CRISIS. The US will still have its milbases in SOUTH KOREA for a long time to come yet,+ likely also support vee TAIWAN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Democratic Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four Things to Know About Renho Murata-Japan's ... Sep 15 Russian Ainu 1
News UPDATE 1-Japan govt plans direct spending of ab... Aug '16 Ainu 3
News Abe's election campaign puts BOJ policy in the ... Jul '16 Russian Ainu 10
News Japan upper house poll campaign begins, Abe's r... Jun '16 Ainu 2
News Japan lawmakers discuss big stimulus to offset ... May '16 Ainu 2
News Japan eyes more foreign workers, stealthily cha... Apr '16 Ainu 2
News Merkel's party suffers drubbing in German state... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Ron 1
More from around the web