Anti-Gay Marriage British Lawmaker Bu...

Anti-Gay Marriage British Lawmaker Busted for 11-Year Affair

There are 56 comments on the EDGE story from Dec 18, 2012, titled Anti-Gay Marriage British Lawmaker Busted for 11-Year Affair. In it, EDGE reports that:

British media outlets have reported that a conservative member of the United Kingdom Parliament, who strongly opposes marriage equality and supports traditional marriage, had an 11-year affair with a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#1 Dec 18, 2012
GOOD job Carol Shaw!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Dec 18, 2012
There is obviously no difference between Conservatives in England, and Conservatives in the U.S. Scream and yell about the sanctity of marriage, and all the while be breaking your vows to your spouse. What a fine, upstanding, righteous example for citizens to follow.
david traversa

Argentina

#4 Dec 18, 2012
Another example of vomit-inducing hypocrisy..
rock white

Ribchester, UK

#5 Dec 18, 2012
at least it does show he is normal. Not a sodomite.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#6 Dec 18, 2012
rock white wrote:
at least it does show he is normal. Not a sodomite.
Gee, I didn't know you were in the bedroom watching the man and his mistress while they did the deed!

How do you know what sexual acts they performed?(Sodomy isn't exclusive to same-sex couples after all!)
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#7 Dec 18, 2012
So I guess well be seeing him in Hell with his adultery,then.Let him babysit your kids,you straight fool.
Hugh Janus

UK

#8 Dec 18, 2012
amazing! an affair with a woman! now the liberals will condemn him. Now had it been an affair with a black man, he'd be the hero of the chattering classes.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#9 Dec 18, 2012
rock white wrote:
at least it does show he is normal. Not a sodomite.
Normal?? Going out on your wife with your mistress for 11 yrs?? Hope NO ONE marries YOU! Poor them.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#10 Dec 18, 2012
Hugh Janus wrote:
amazing! an affair with a woman! now the liberals will condemn him. Now had it been an affair with a black man, he'd be the hero of the chattering classes.
The reason it's news is because -- wait for it -- HE'S A HYPOCRITE.

If he hadn't been campaigning on "morals" it would be a whole different story.

Remember that saying: "As you sow, so shall you reap"? He's reaping big time right now.
jason norris

Ribchester, UK

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Hugh Janus wrote:
amazing! an affair with a woman! now the liberals will condemn him. Now had it been an affair with a black man, he'd be the hero of the chattering classes.
correct. the sodomites hate normal people. They are actually like vampires. Sick people.
jason norris

Ribchester, UK

#12 Dec 19, 2012
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I didn't know you were in the bedroom watching the man and his mistress while they did the deed!
How do you know what sexual acts they performed?(Sodomy isn't exclusive to same-sex couples after all!)
how come Canada is full of queers, of both sexes. Must be the cold.You are all sick perverts, no matter whether a rugsucker or a sodomite. The actual acts show and play out what you really are. Human shxxe diggers.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Get married I don't give a toss.

Adopt children? Over my dead body....

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#14 Dec 19, 2012
This ''marriage'' thing is a foot in the door tactic, I don't mind them getting married if it will stop there but it won't. Next it will be the adoption of kids even though it is physically/genetically impossible for a same sex couple to create a child naturally.

Then they come back with the ''what about straight couples that can't have kids'' argument. Thats a defect, those poor people didn't ask for that defect facts are if they didn't have the infertlity defect they would be able to have kids. A same sex couple having ''sex'' will never produce a child naturally. And thats a fact....

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
Get married I don't give a toss.
Adopt children? Over my dead body....
When was your funeral?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
This ''marriage'' thing is a foot in the door tactic, I don't mind them getting married if it will stop there but it won't. Next it will be the adoption of kids even though it is physically/genetically impossible for a same sex couple to create a child naturally.
Then they come back with the ''what about straight couples that can't have kids'' argument. Thats a defect, those poor people didn't ask for that defect facts are if they didn't have the infertlity defect they would be able to have kids. A same sex couple having ''sex'' will never produce a child naturally. And thats a fact....
Your arguments here aren't making sense.

First, you must prove that a man or a women can be incapable of raising a child ONLY because of the gender they are attracted to.

Pretty tall order, there.

And, you seem to be forgetting that straight people raise children that are not biologically their own EVERY DAY, while gay people are raising children THEY created biologically, every day.

The issue is not whether or not a gay person can produce a biologically related child, YOUR problem is with the face that their spouse - the step parent - is not biologically related.

It seems you have both an issue with adoption, and an even greater problem with step parents.

Which puts you against the majority of the population.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#17 Dec 19, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
When was your funeral?
Oh yes very smart. Didn't you see what country I'm from?

Not the USA, where anything goes and $ rule everything. All about money, the childcare businesses, and companies that make baby products etc will be delighted with all the gays/lesbians adopting kids as it means more $, and thats all the USA is about $$$....

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments here aren't making sense.
First, you must prove that a man or a women can be incapable of raising a child ONLY because of the gender they are attracted to.
Pretty tall order, there.
And, you seem to be forgetting that straight people raise children that are not biologically their own EVERY DAY, while gay people are raising children THEY created biologically, every day.
The issue is not whether or not a gay person can produce a biologically related child, YOUR problem is with the face that their spouse - the step parent - is not biologically related.
It seems you have both an issue with adoption, and an even greater problem with step parents.
Which puts you against the majority of the population.
Gay/Lesbian people cannot create a child together naturally.

If they're attracted to their own gender and want to marry their own gender then surely they must accept that they cannot create a child with their partner?

I have a problem with gays/lesbians adopting children and so do many people. It appears you haven't thought this through properly and are squirming around the issue.

Who the hell are gays/lesbians to begin criticising the mother/father family unit? Who do they think they are?

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
Get married I don't give a toss.
Adopt children? Over my dead body....
Where should we send the condolence flowers?(Newsflash for you: there are already lots of LGBT adoptive parents. And studies have shown that kids raised by LGBT parents are just as successful and healthy as kids raised by their biologically-related heterosexual parents.)

Nice to see you don't care about denying kids who need parents the chance to have parents, so long as those uppity gays and lesbians are kept in their place!

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#20 Dec 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay/Lesbian people cannot create a child together naturally.
If they're attracted to their own gender and want to marry their own gender then surely they must accept that they cannot create a child with their partner?
I have a problem with gays/lesbians adopting children and so do many people. It appears you haven't thought this through properly and are squirming around the issue.
Who the hell are gays/lesbians to begin criticising the mother/father family unit? Who do they think they are?
Your arguments are old, they're tired, and they are completely without merit.

Infertile heterosexuals are not denied the right to marry or to adopt kids.

Heterosexuals who choose to not have kids, even though they are fertile, are not denied the right to marry.

There are MILLIONS of single parents out there successfully raising kids -- are you going to take those kids away from their parents like you are proposing doing with kids being raised by LGBT parents? After all, they don't have the benefit of a heterosexual couple raising them either.

You're clueless, factless, and thankfully are a dying breed. Your scaremongering tactics don't fool anyone under 50 (except perhaps for the intellectually challenged) and those who actually work with helping match kids who need parents with parents who can successfully raise those kids know that you're full of crap.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#21 Dec 19, 2012
Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes very smart. Didn't you see what country I'm from?
As a person of Irish descent, I have to say I'm ashamed of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conservatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brexit is not sounding like the Armageddon it w... Sep 7 YouDidntBuildThat 1
News Calais capers Sep 2 Stephany McDowell 1
News 'An architectural gem': Liberals seeking ideas ... Aug '16 TRUMPs STUMP 1
News UK party leaders promise Scotland new powers (Sep '14) Aug '16 Trumpty Dumpty Jeb 55
News Scottish Conservatives in Israel, in bid to fli... Aug '16 NELSON MANDELA fan 2
News How Brexit could make the UK more like the US Jul '16 Synque 17
News Prime Minister David Cameron arriving in Warsaw... Jul '16 Elise Gingerich 1
More from around the web