China's politicians forgo lobster, shark fins in austerity push aimed at easing public anger

A worker sits near covered water coolers at the Great Hall of the People during a lull in activities at the annual congress meetings in Beijing, China, Wednesday, March 6, 2013. Full Story
idiots united

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 6, 2013
That is suffering in unprecedented scale but at least concubinesd are not on the endangered list.
DENG

Nanjing, China

#2 Mar 6, 2013
China's politicians forgo lobster, shark fins

NOW THE POLITICIANS IN THE UNITED STATES SHOULD FOLLOW THIS EXAMPLE WITH THEIR MENUS.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#3 Mar 7, 2013
"“There’s basically no more meat for breakfast now. We’re eating at buffets as if we’re traveling with an ordinary travel agency that has put us up in a hotel with no-star grading,” said Han Deyun, a lawyer from the southwestern megacity of Chongqing who has been a congress delegate for 11 years.“Lunch and dinners are also simpler, four or five hot dishes, but no seafood.”

This is how removed from reality the Chinese government is.

Apparently they think the absolute worst in Chinese hotels routinely offer 6 course meals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xi Jinping Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Umno Flattery for Deals? China's world view sim... (Oct '13) Mon ibu kumala 3
Washington pulls back from Beijing clash over H... Sep 14 USA Today 1
Xi Jinping urges China's central Asian neighbou... Sep 13 RayH 1
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Japan and China compete for Latin America clout Aug 18 WE JUST DONT CARE 8
Investigation of Former Security Chief Zhou Yon... Jul '14 It is so Amazing 2
Parasitic Raul Castro clings to Chinese dictato... Jul '14 John Grimbaldsun 29
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••