Stocks jump as Wall Street waits for winner

Full story: USA Today 81
Election uncertainty isn't gone yet, but investors seemed upbeat Tuesday. Major stock indexes were trading sharply higher than usual for an Election Day. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Westminster, CO

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Romeny wins, the markets keep gaining!

Obama wins, all gains will be lost by the end of the week!

Simple really, investors want to know they will get a return on thier money, not be punished by a complete marxist fraud in the white house.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Tonight when Romney is announced a winner, The next day, Our stock market will raise
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Historical data proves the Stock Market pays very little attention to the results of Presidential elections, no matter which President or party is elected.

But we can't expect that Vance would know that, much less to figure it out all by himself.

Vance1, aka Vance Keaton from Arizona, is a hard drinking, die hard extremist redneck who grew morbidly obese and became too fat for his now divorced wife.
Vance now survives with the help of the US government and spends most of his time drinking and/or posting rude and crude insults on the web.
Most folks who know him expect he'll run off the road into a tree within a year or less.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#5 Nov 6, 2012
That is a very personal post.

Romney should win.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Root wrote:
That is a very personal post.
Romney should win.
Of course Root, you've never said anything personal to others, right?
And Vance is lily white in that regard too, right?
There's something to be said about hypocracy,Root.
You should think about that before you criticize others.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#7 Nov 6, 2012
I see you donít like what I said. That doesnít change anything about what you did. You were very personal. It's a simple observation.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Proteus wrote:
Historical data proves the Stock Market pays very little attention to the results of Presidential elections, no matter which President or party is elected.
But we can't expect that Vance would know that, much less to figure it out all by himself.
Vance1, aka Vance Keaton from Arizona, is a hard drinking, die hard extremist redneck who grew morbidly obese and became too fat for his now divorced wife.
Vance now survives with the help of the US government and spends most of his time drinking and/or posting rude and crude insults on the web.
Most folks who know him expect he'll run off the road into a tree within a year or less.
The desperate Obama continued to campaign all through the last four yrs, He never actually served as our POTUS
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#9 Nov 6, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The desperate Obama continued to campaign all through the last four yrs, He never actually served as our POTUS
Proteus shouldn't really post such things. But since you did not deny any of it, it clearer to me how you are the way you are.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Root wrote:
I see you donít like what I said. That doesnít change anything about what you did. You were very personal. It's a simple observation.
(1) I posted the truth.
(2) You, of all people shoudn't complain.
(3) Obviously YOU didn't like what I said.
(4) In future, if you don't like what someone says, simply click to something else.
(5) Yes, it was personal--intentionally. Call it payback. As was my response to you.
Proteus

Windsor, Canada

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Back on topic.

Regardless of what the speculators here speculate...
The stock market has been consistently neutral when presidential elections are held, regardless of the winner.
If history repeats itself, this time should be no different--but not for long.
That said, the US is currently in an unprecedented fiscal mess--teetering on bankrupcy.
I would be very cautious about investing in the stock market at this time.
If the US goes over the cliff in January,which it easily could, the market will drop significantly, and stay low for a prolonged period.
Gold is looking better every day.
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#12 Nov 6, 2012
Proteus wrote:
<quoted text>
(1) I posted the truth.
(2) You, of all people shoudn't complain.
(3) Obviously YOU didn't like what I said.
(4) In future, if you don't like what someone says, simply click to something else.
(5) Yes, it was personal--intentionally. Call it payback. As was my response to you.
Vance does have a way to elicit personal responses. I have no doubt that he deserved it. Vance takes his failures out on other people. A life of denial will do him no good at all.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#13 Nov 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Vance does have a way to elicit personal responses. I have no doubt that he deserved it. Vance takes his failures out on other people. A life of denial will do him no good at all.
You being a Leftist in Texas must be a rare thing
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#14 Nov 6, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sort of. I live in Central Texas in an area of more progressive thought. Kind of an oasis surrounded by right wing egomaniacs.
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#15 Nov 6, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like labels, but actually you might call me a conservative as I am fiscally conservative and an environmental conservative. I just think that spending money, if we have to, to protect that which gives us life is very important. I might vote for a republican if they gave a crap about the environment. I'm not close to being rich but my fiscal house is in order. It's a matter of what is most important to the individual. I have a house and land and rain water collection and solar panels. I learned to do all that myself. I owe no money to anyone. It's possible. It's a matter of will.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#16 Nov 6, 2012
Proteus wrote:
Back on topic.
Regardless of what the speculators here speculate...
The stock market has been consistently neutral when presidential elections are held, regardless of the winner.
If history repeats itself, this time should be no different--but not for long.
That said, the US is currently in an unprecedented fiscal mess--teetering on bankrupcy.
I would be very cautious about investing in the stock market at this time.
If the US goes over the cliff in January,which it easily could, the market will drop significantly, and stay low for a prolonged period.
Gold is looking better every day.
YOu must have a vagina.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#17 Nov 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like labels, but actually you might call me a conservative as I am fiscally conservative and an environmental conservative. I just think that spending money, if we have to, to protect that which gives us life is very important. I might vote for a republican if they gave a crap about the environment. I'm not close to being rich but my fiscal house is in order. It's a matter of what is most important to the individual. I have a house and land and rain water collection and solar panels. I learned to do all that myself. I owe no money to anyone. It's possible. It's a matter of will.
Yep I have all that and a wind turbine
and I voted for Romney, Because I hate the Obama's leftist ideals
of wealth redistribution
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#18 Nov 6, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I have all that and a wind turbine
and I voted for Romney, Because I hate the Obama's leftist ideals
of wealth redistribution
Well, that's good Vance. but we'll go backwards if Romney wins. I've got the boob tube on and it says Obama is 5 electoral votes ahead of Romney. Have to wait and see the final vote though.

Paradise Valley Arizona

#19 Nov 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's good Vance. but we'll go backwards if Romney wins. I've got the boob tube on and it says Obama is 5 electoral votes ahead of Romney. Have to wait and see the final vote though.
Romeny 153
Obama 123

5 points ahead ?

Paradise Valley Arizona

#20 Nov 6, 2012
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
whats forward to you "Total Communism?
John from Texas

Emory, TX

#21 Nov 6, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Romeny 153
Obama 123
5 points ahead ?
Ok, Just saw 2 min ago 4 points ahead. Your data is old I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Xi Jinping Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Set aside hate, China's President Xi Jinping sa... 5 hr Learn prior to ta... 52
On first 'Constitution Day', China blocks protests Dec 4 Hands Up Dont Shoot 1
Climate change goals 'wake-up call' Nov '14 Edmond Pulpo 98
China and Australia sign free-trade deal Nov '14 Sheela SSBC 2
China media: G20 diplomacy Nov '14 RayH 1
India yet to take up with China troop presence PoK Nov '14 Impregnable 4
BRICS should raise voice in global economic gov... Nov '14 Pro CCP 2
More from around the web