Obama, Biden meet with China's VP

Full story: USA Today

With the man who is in line to be China's next president by his side, Vice President Biden barely hinted that the U.S.-China relationship is at a moment marked by growing strategic distrust between the two nations.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 14, 2012
 
It'll be nice a year from now when President Romney and Vice President Rubio meet with China's leaders.
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Brittle Fingers wrote:
It'll be nice a year from now when President Romney and Vice President Rubio meet with China's leaders.
You seriously think the crazied anti-latino right wingnuts would agree with Rubio as VP?

Haven't you been watching the gop debates? The very mention of Mexico or Cuba draws massive amounts of jeers and boos.
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, then WE can tell China how things are going to be. If they whine at all, close our market for their goods. Which is how they got all their money in the first place. And dont pay them back.
Your understanding of the concept of debt is equivalent to that of a 4th grader's.
Moliner

El Centro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 14, 2012
 
Contributions wrote:
<quoted text>
Your understanding of the concept of debt is equivalent to that of a 4th grader's.
Which apparently, is a lot better than Obama's.
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 14, 2012
 
Moliner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which apparently, is a lot better than Obama's.
According to someone that repeated the 4th grade...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Zlin, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 14, 2012
 
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, then WE can tell China how things are going to be. If they whine at all, close our market for their goods. Which is how they got all their money in the first place. And dont pay them back.
yes lets close the doors after the water has flooded your house... that will really help...

especially when you need China more than ever to open up their markets...

not smart to keep living in the 1960s while the world passes you by...

.
.
China To Become World’s Number One Importer By 2014

January 11, 2012
By Sheeraz Raza

We have heard a lot about China becoming the world’s largest this and that.

In 2009, when the world was in recession, China leapfrogged the U.S. to become the world’s largest auto market.

In 2010, China overtook Germany as the world’s largest exporter.

This year, China is likely to surpass Japan to become the world’s largest luxury goods market.

So, it shouldn’t be a surprise when The Economist predicts that China will become the world’s largest importer by 2014. Yet, many skeptics still doubt China’s potential to be a stronghold of the world economy.

Last month, I was on BBC World News to discuss the eurozone debt crisis and whether Chinese consumers can make a difference in the world economy. My discussion partner Johathon Holslag from the Brussels Institute of Contemporary China Studies argued that Chinese consumption is still far below its production, and people should not be over optimistic about China rescuing the world economy. See the discussion video below:

Yes, official statistics show that consumption is only 34 percent of China’s GDP (compared to 70 percent in the U.S.). While the West’s economy is imbalanced with over-spending, the Chinese economy is imbalanced with under-consumption. However, this dynamic is changing. When I travel in China, I can clearly see the consumption boom in China’s large and small cities. Retail has been growing like a wildfire in recent years.

Read More: http://www.forbes.com/sites/helenwang/2012/01...
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Zlin, Czech Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text> And dont pay them back.
plus why do you say the same thing over and over? I have corrected you many times.... yet you say the same wrong thing... over and over...

Default on the Debt and the Chinese will own you...

The Chinese government has 4.3 Trillion in reserves...3 trillion of it in foreign reserves, of that, 1.6 Trillion is in US debt or dollars...

USA defaults

Chinas other Trillions should double in value

yes they will take a hit on that 1.6 trillion US debt

BUT...

The Chinese government will unpeg the the Renminbi to the dollar...dump their US debt and dollars

causing a rise in the Chinese Renminbi

the Chinese PEOPLE whose wealth is currently at 16.5 trillion USD dollars "equivalent"

have just as much money, stowed away in bank accounts denominated in the Chinese Renminbi, meaning

at least 75 million middle class Chinese who have a average of $80000 US equivalent in there Renminbi accounts(maybe as high as 300 million)...and 30 million rich Chinese

will all see there money DOUBLE in value...if China dumps its US holdings...

meaning 100 million Chinese (maybe up too 400 million) today... even more in the future with cash

to buy up an America that will be 50% cheaper too them...

.
.

PLUS

If the USA were to default on its debt

ANY country foreign or domestic creditor can block any future American debt issuances until THEY THE CREDITOR IS SATISFIED with there debt restructuring...

just look at Argentina who defaulted on their 100 billion government debt...

they were not able to issue new debt for 8 years because holders of just 30 billion of that debt had blocked those new issuances, because of being unsatisfied with their debt restructuring.

you dont want to give China the ability to hold you up in court for 8 years...

.
.
btw, you should also know that National debt you want to default on ...

10 trillion dollars of it is directly or indirectly owned by you the american people...

for example... your 2.3 trillion dollar Social Security reserves have a big fat IOU in the form of Government bonds from your treasury department...

your country defaults... and im sure the americans owed 10 trillion dollars would be the first to sue your government...
Contributions

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 14, 2012
 
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
plus why do you say the same thing over and over? I have corrected you many times.... yet you say the same wrong thing... over and over...
Default on the Debt and the Chinese will own you...
The Chinese government has 4.3 Trillion in reserves...3 trillion of it in foreign reserves, of that, 1.6 Trillion is in US debt or dollars...
USA defaults
Chinas other Trillions should double in value
yes they will take a hit on that 1.6 trillion US debt
BUT...
The Chinese government will unpeg the the Renminbi to the dollar...dump their US debt and dollars
causing a rise in the Chinese Renminbi
the Chinese PEOPLE whose wealth is currently at 16.5 trillion USD dollars "equivalent"
have just as much money, stowed away in bank accounts denominated in the Chinese Renminbi, meaning
at least 75 million middle class Chinese who have a average of $80000 US equivalent in there Renminbi accounts(maybe as high as 300 million)...and 30 million rich Chinese
will all see there money DOUBLE in value...if China dumps its US holdings...
meaning 100 million Chinese (maybe up too 400 million) today... even more in the future with cash
to buy up an America that will be 50% cheaper too them...
.
.
PLUS
If the USA were to default on its debt
ANY country foreign or domestic creditor can block any future American debt issuances until THEY THE CREDITOR IS SATISFIED with there debt restructuring...
just look at Argentina who defaulted on their 100 billion government debt...
they were not able to issue new debt for 8 years because holders of just 30 billion of that debt had blocked those new issuances, because of being unsatisfied with their debt restructuring.
you dont want to give China the ability to hold you up in court for 8 years...
.
.
btw, you should also know that National debt you want to default on ...
10 trillion dollars of it is directly or indirectly owned by you the american people...
for example... your 2.3 trillion dollar Social Security reserves have a big fat IOU in the form of Government bonds from your treasury department...
your country defaults... and im sure the americans owed 10 trillion dollars would be the first to sue your government...
That's why I said his understanding of the concept of debt is that of a 4th graders.

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 15, 2012
 
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE wrote:
<quoted text>
...Default on the Debt and the Chinese will own you...
Not if you shove a nuclear missle up their ass.
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brittle Fingers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if you shove a nuclear missle up their ass.
and what is your excuse going to be?

we went to war with China because we spend too much and owe them money???

yes good way to get the world to rally around you... since you will be looked as in being in the right....(sarcastic response)

well for starters they are owed only around 10% of what you the American people are owed by your government... you the American people are owed 10 trillion in debt, from your government

while China is owed about 1 trillion in debt from your government

plus most important Retard American... they have nukes too...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••