Amid concern over ties, Egypt names new J'lem envoy

Sep 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jerusalem Post

Amid all the concern about the direction Israel-Egypt ties are going under Egypt's new Islamic President Mohamed Morsy, the Foreign Ministry announced Sunday that the new Egyptian ambassador will present his credentials to President Shimon Peres on October 17.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 3, 2012
Tim Upham

Nine Mile Falls, WA

#1 Sep 2, 2012
This is a prime example of President Morsi being committed to maintaining peace with Israel. For a long time, it was viewed that Islamic fundamentalism wants to destroy Israel, but now we see it wants to live with Israel. Islamic fundamentalism is a part of the Middle East, and Israel is a part of the Middle East. So they have to live with each other. President Morsi's selection of a new envoy to Israel, can serve as a role model for other Islamic fundamentalists, such as Hamas.
gary vidor

Ultimo, Australia

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Tim Upham wrote:
This is a prime example of President Morsi being committed to maintaining peace with Israel. For a long time, it was viewed that Islamic fundamentalism wants to destroy Israel, but now we see it wants to live with Israel. Islamic fundamentalism is a part of the Middle East, and Israel is a part of the Middle East. So they have to live with each other. President Morsi's selection of a new envoy to Israel, can serve as a role model for other Islamic fundamentalists, such as Hamas.
We all can live in hope and I look forward to the day when terrorist organisations such as hamas and hezbollah lay down their arms , stop sacrificing young kids and other Arab and Moslem states recognize Israels right to exist within the middle east as a jewish state.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shimon Peres Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marc Rich, 'King of Oil', laid to rest in quiet... (Jun '13) Aug 27 tom paine 9
'Norway is friendlier than Israelis think' Aug 17 Uzi 37
Pope calls for Middle East cease-fire Jul '14 Zioni 5
Mass Jewish, Arab solidarity gathering in capit... Jul '14 JOEL KOVEL Fan 1
Paris street honors Israel's Ben Gurion amid pr... (Apr '10) Jul '14 zuckerberg 666 8
Palestinian father: Son's body to be returned Jul '14 Faith Really 2
One racist people (Jan '12) Jun '14 LAVON AFFAIR 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Shimon Peres People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••