France sends 93 Gypsies back to Romania

France sends 93 Gypsies back to Romania

There are 109 comments on the Washington Times story from Aug 19, 2010, titled France sends 93 Gypsies back to Romania. In it, Washington Times reports that:

France was deporting nearly 100 Gypsies, or Roma, to their native Romania on Thursday as part of a very public effort by conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy to dismantle Roma camps and sweep them out of the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Times.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 19, 2010
Ah, the final solution to the Gypsy problem! Who's next? Step right up, madam and monsieur! Be the next problem people to be tossed out of the land of equality and brotherhood! Maybe they could build them a camp somewhere, but I suppose that is what started the problem in the first place, non?

It's been about five hundred years and the Europeans still can't get along with those naughty gypsies,,,or the naughty French, apparently.
valah

Elgin, IL

#2 Aug 19, 2010
Vive la liberte,vive le fraternite,vive la France!!
The great supporters of the opressed , my "le deriere".
laojim wrote:
Ah, the final solution to the Gypsy problem! Who's next? Step right up, madam and monsieur! Be the next problem people to be tossed out of the land of equality and brotherhood! Maybe they could build them a camp somewhere, but I suppose that is what started the problem in the first place, non?
It's been about five hundred years and the Europeans still can't get along with those naughty gypsies,,,or the naughty French, apparently.
John

Ireland

#3 Aug 23, 2010
Sarkozy background
Sarkozy is a Frenchman of mixed national and ethnic ancestry. He is the son of Pál István Ernő Sárközy de Nagy-Bócsa Hungarian. and Andrée Jeanne "Dadu" Mallah (b. Paris, 12 October 1925), who is of French Catholic and Greek Jewish origin.They were married at Saint-François-de-Sales, Paris XVII, on 8 February 1950 and divorced in 1959.
Sarkozy father, recruited for the French Foreign Legion. He signed up for five years, and was sent for training to Sidi Bel Abbes Algeria, where the French Foreign Legion's headquarters were located. He was due to be sent to Indochina at the end of training, but the doctor who checked him before departure, who was also Hungarian, sympathised with him and gave him a medical discharge to save him from possible death at the hands of the Viet Minh. He returned to civilian life in Marseille in 1948 and, although he asked for French citizenship only in the 1970s (his legal status was that of a stateless person until then).
Sarkozy mother origin Sephardic Jewish

“I'm here, what now?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 23, 2010
John wrote:
Sarkozy background
Sarkozy is a Frenchman of mixed national and ethnic ancestry. He is the son of Pál István Ernő Sárközy de Nagy-Bócsa Hungarian. and Andrée Jeanne "Dadu" Mallah (b. Paris, 12 October 1925), who is of French Catholic and Greek Jewish origin.They were married at Saint-François-de-Sales, Paris XVII, on 8 February 1950 and divorced in 1959.
Sarkozy father, recruited for the French Foreign Legion. He signed up for five years, and was sent for training to Sidi Bel Abbes Algeria, where the French Foreign Legion's headquarters were located. He was due to be sent to Indochina at the end of training, but the doctor who checked him before departure, who was also Hungarian, sympathised with him and gave him a medical discharge to save him from possible death at the hands of the Viet Minh. He returned to civilian life in Marseille in 1948 and, although he asked for French citizenship only in the 1970s (his legal status was that of a stateless person until then).
Sarkozy mother origin Sephardic Jewish
for a paddy - you know a lot....lol I would have to google for that info, did you do that????
John

Ireland

#5 Aug 23, 2010
Chuckk

Romania

#6 Aug 24, 2010
I was illegal for a couple weeks in Romania (try dealing with the immigration office here some time). I didn't get kicked out, but I had to pay 400 RON to clear it up.
It's not that hard to follow the rules. And if you don't, it's not that hard to do it without drawing huge amounts of attention to yourself. Getting kicked out of a country for staying illegally and causing social problems doesn't win my sympathy. Imagine how you would feel if you were a Romanian Roma staying legally in France, working or studying; after all the effort it took you to get in that situation, would you want to see others doing it illegally and being left alone?

“I'm here, what now?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7 Aug 24, 2010
John wrote:
good man John, that's exactly what I would've done!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 30, 2010
I thought France was a multi-cultural, liberal country?
oops

Stoney Creek, Canada

#9 Oct 30, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
I thought France was a multi-cultural, liberal country?
I guess you thought wrong like I did when I came to North America. I thought roads are paved with gold. But when I started seeing people sleeping outside in the middle of winter I changed my mind.
Bad Mutha Hubbard

Romania

#10 Oct 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
I thought France was a multi-cultural, liberal country?
What if they let the Roma EU citizens stay and kicked out Roman Polanski? But that would be wrong, he's cultured.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 31, 2010
Bad Mutha Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
What if they let the Roma EU citizens stay and kicked out Roman Polanski? But that would be wrong, he's cultured.
It is mystifying to me exactly what criteria our governments go by when deciding what *multiculturalism* means. Apparently they're going by what's politically correct and not by *diversity* per se.
But then, when judging Polanski's case it is obviously more of a perverse sense of denying another country the right to prosecute the creep than anything else. It's not like a U.S. court is going to execute him for rape.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 1, 2010
Those Gypsies will be better off in Roma republic.
There´s nothing better than home sweet home, we hear.
Mariusz

Bucharest, Romania

#13 Nov 1, 2010
If nothing's better than home sweet home,they should be all send to Slovakia.I heard that gypsies there are more than 10% of the population.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 2, 2010
Would you believe these Gypsies are homesick ?
Some say, they love to see you close by.
Mariusz

Bucharest, Romania

#15 Nov 2, 2010
They miss Slovakia,their homeland;)!I heard that even jews want to in back home.Slovakia,Slovakia:)!

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Nov 2, 2010
Have you greeted your mom coming back from France ?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17 Nov 3, 2010
My mom is from Iceland,she never whos to France jewish boy!
Mariusz

Bucharest, Romania

#18 Nov 3, 2010
Pesko is to stupid to understand some things,Ala:-)!I love to meet him in pearson.

“Dimitri at the races in Russia”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Nov 3, 2010
How come you two are in denial of your heritage ?
Mariusz

Bucharest, Romania

#20 Nov 3, 2010
Slotakia,Slow(sooo slow)vakiaaaa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicolas Sarkozy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News French Socialist presidential nominee Hollande:... (Oct '11) Jun 15 Swedenforever 6
News Sarkozy overheard calling Israeli PM 'a liar' (Nov '11) May '16 Sound of Switzerl... 59
News Sarkozy overheard telling Obama Netanyahu's a liar (Nov '11) Mar '16 Dubya Amnesty 228
News Obama warns UK must 'pay fair share' for defenc... Mar '16 Speaking Freely 7
News Germany and France in nuclear weapons dispute a... (Nov '10) Feb '16 Japanese Gun laws 3
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Nov '15 War stimulus Milf 45
News France sells warships to Egypt after deal with ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 just a guy i knew 1
More from around the web