France: Islamists seeking to avenge death of Muslim shooter

Apr 6, 2012 Full story: www.usatoday.com 228

France's interior minister says some Islamist groups in France want to avenge the death of a Muslim radical, who the government says was responsible for the killing of seven people in a shooting spree in the country's south ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
RYANO

Norway

#229 May 3, 2012
question for muslims, why do you get offended when someone insults your religion? if your god is so great why would it matter what one person said,why is your allah not above petty insults?
ronan

UK

#230 May 3, 2012
RYANO wrote:
question for muslims, why do you get offended when someone insults your religion? if your god is so great why would it matter what one person said,why is your allah not above petty insults?
I am no Muslim, but here is an easy answer.

It's like asking why one would be offended if a relative is mocked, if his wife is insulted or if his family is ridiculed.

Wouldn't you do anything is something you hold dear is deliberately berated, treated with contempt? Some people are touchy about their country, their flag, their armed forces, for Most Muslims, it's their religion.

Muslims are very sensitive at offenses against their religion, their God. Some take it as their duty to punish the offense.

“Try Me”

Since: Jun 08

N/A

#231 May 3, 2012
ronan wrote:
<quoted text>I am no Muslim, but here is an easy answer.

It's like asking why one would be offended if a relative is mocked, if his wife is insulted or if his family is ridiculed.

Wouldn't you do anything is something you hold dear is deliberately berated, treated with contempt? Some people are touchy about their country, their flag, their armed forces, for Most Muslims, it's their religion.

Muslims are very sensitive at offenses against their religion, their God. Some take it as their duty to punish the offense.
It's not what the poster meant. Their god is supposed to be that omniscient all powerful being whereas a flag can't defend itself. Where is allah's supposed power? He's just a wuss.
curious

France

#233 May 6, 2012
ilovedesigirls wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not what the poster meant. Their god is supposed to be that omniscient all powerful being whereas a flag can't defend itself. Where is allah's supposed power? He's just a wuss.
are you related to the ADELAIDEAN?

“Try Me”

Since: Jun 08

N/A

#234 May 6, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>are you related to the ADELAIDEAN?
?!?
No I guess?
ronan

UK

#235 May 6, 2012
ilovedesigirls wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not what the poster meant. Their god is supposed to be that omniscient all powerful being whereas a flag can't defend itself. Where is allah's supposed power? He's just a wuss.
That could be said of ANY God, the God of Jews or Christians too.
Where is the power of Jesus? of Yahweh?
What Yahweh did when millions of Jews were exterminated? Is he a wuss too?

Most Jews and Christians have abandoned their religion, but most Muslims still consider that defending their God from insults is their duty.
RYANO

Norway

#236 May 6, 2012
RONAN jews and christians dont threaten violence to those who insult their religion though do they?
ronan

UK

#237 May 6, 2012
RYANO wrote:
RONAN jews and christians dont threaten violence to those who insult their religion though do they?
Not anymore, but they used too.
Most Jews and Christians these days don't really believe in their religions: the rate of disaffection is huge and reflected by the poor attendence at religious services.
But even then, going to church for many is just motivated by conformism, the need to belong to a group, a cultural reason and not a serious belief in the dogma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nicolas Sarkozy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Japan Strong Concern About France-Russia Navy Deal Aug '14 Switches 15
Le Pen as President? France thinks the unthinkable Jul '14 rio 27
Paris street honors Israel's Ben Gurion amid pr... (Apr '10) Jul '14 zuckerberg 666 8
Next 25 Articles Jul '14 kuda 2
Charlemagne: The accidental president Jul '14 many do this in A... 1
It's time to abolish the GDP Jun '14 frontporchreactio... 2
Polls: French far right leads in Europe vote May '14 Can You 1
•••

Nicolas Sarkozy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••