Vietnam delays building 1st nuclear p...

Vietnam delays building 1st nuclear power plant

There are 14 comments on the The New Zealand Herald story from Jan 15, 2014, titled Vietnam delays building 1st nuclear power plant. In it, The New Zealand Herald reports that:

Vietnam will delay the construction of its first nuclear power plant by six years, state media reported Thursday, amid concerns over safety and efficiency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New Zealand Herald.

Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#1 Jan 16, 2014
"Eisenhower’s Jan. 17, 1961 speech portrayed the country as locked in a struggle of “indefinite duration”– he meant against Soviet Communism, though the label could apply today to Islamist extremism.“Ike” also noted that a vigorous military, and the industrial and technological apparatus that supports it, were necessary.

But then the former five-star general shocked Americans with this:

“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.”

“We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together.”"

I **HEART** the NSA.
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#2 Jan 16, 2014
to early for those to express their concerned,,they concerning might leading in to misunderstand,
remember that,, nuclear power plants for energy not power plants for weapons,,.
your concerned were not found,,in this regard,,
again thieu it done b4 ho

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 16, 2014
agin bac ky how cit be da first when NGUYEN VAN THIEU DONE IT

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/vietnam/TEAJ...

1963 vnch built first nuclear power plant in da lat
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#4 Jan 16, 2014
again thieu it done b4 ho wrote:
agin bac ky how cit be da first when NGUYEN VAN THIEU DONE IT
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/vietnam/TEAJ...
1963 vnch built first nuclear power plant in da lat
is it a coals power station ,, or nuclear power station ?
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#5 Jan 16, 2014
your sound seem Thieu was good if his regime has build ed Nuclear power station..

during that time who was handle the construction project for the thing you said,,,?

FRENCH,,or Japan..?
backy thuhoan deobietnhuc

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 16, 2014
sensible ideal wrote:
your sound seem Thieu was good if his regime has build ed Nuclear power station..
during that time who was handle the construction project for the thing you said,,,?
FRENCH,,or Japan..?
dont matter thieu was on da right path 4 south vietnam at da time but china ho chi minh bac ky do not like it dey sent vc to terrorize foreigner investment in da south now da bac ky are back on thieu path aint it?????
bac ky dont like facts

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 16, 2014
sensible ideal wrote:
<quoted text>.
is it a coals power station ,, or nuclear power station ?
u r not in commie vietnam no fire walls so just google it and find da truth facts
facts dat da bac ky do not like
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#8 Jan 16, 2014
bac ky dont like facts wrote:
<quoted text>u r not in commie vietnam no fire walls so just google it and find da truth facts
facts dat da bac ky do not like
well, i am appreciate for your opinion, as u can see,,we don't like their policy,,
their doesn't like our policy,, that was the thing in the past,,.
please don't think i am trying to convince u or who ever they are ,, those disregard vn situation.
i just feel very tire to reviewing those thing in the past,,u and me,, we were just an a individual,,
our government,,they are the main once those will have had any power to do, to said,,.
we don't,, but your USA,, my UK GOVERNMENT has engaged to do a business and supported vn..
Therefore i can't say not to against my government foreign policy regardless i like it or not,,
let vietnamese people inside vn living in the way they like,, they wanted it.
but at least my vietnamese people living in-peace in this century,,and my self i wish it will continually to be so for many years to come,,
i feel so sad,, in vn get involving in to any conflict interest with any other,, u see.
i just wrote what i felt,,
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#9 Jan 16, 2014
furthermore .

i knew that vn will be in a mess,,regarding social,, health,Education,law and order,

but i just feel sad,, that all i can say,
bac ky goc 3tau

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 16, 2014
sensible ideal wrote:
<quoted text>.
well, i am appreciate for your opinion, as u can see,,we don't like their policy,,
their doesn't like our policy,, that was the thing in the past,,.
please don't think i am trying to convince u or who ever they are ,, those disregard vn situation.
i just feel very tire to reviewing those thing in the past,,u and me,, we were just an a individual,,
our government,,they are the main once those will have had any power to do, to said,,.
we don't,, but your USA,, my UK GOVERNMENT has engaged to do a business and supported vn..
Therefore i can't say not to against my government foreign policy regardless i like it or not,,
let vietnamese people inside vn living in the way they like,, they wanted it.
but at least my vietnamese people living in-peace in this century,,and my self i wish it will continually to be so for many years to come,,
i feel so sad,, in vn get involving in to any conflict interest with any other,, u see.
i just wrote what i felt,,
n i wrote what i saw...dem sorry as ses bac ky aint gonna lie no more not 2 another child deir sorry as ses lyin days r over.....tao day nguyen van thieu jr 3tam
SpongeBob

Windsor, Canada

#11 Jan 16, 2014
..DitMe, cac Bo deo co...hot ma cu khoai ban cai ve hot nhung voi...hot dau. Ma thang PhuTang lam mat Me cai hot ..mit tu thua chan chau nen con Me ay tat dai dau dzam bolao...The ma tot ay chu ly. Wahahahhaha!
sensible ideal

Steyning, UK

#12 Jan 16, 2014
bac ky goc 3tau wrote:
<quoted text> n i wrote what i saw...dem sorry as ses bac ky aint gonna lie no more not 2 another child deir sorry as ses lyin days r over.....tao day nguyen van thieu jr 3tam

well..
as u can see,, THIEU was a foreign slave u known that don't u ?

if usa stop funding then all of his regime run like a dead rats.

can u dare standing up and tell your government leave them commie alone ?
of-course u can't,,

saying some thing sensible,, i don't trust both side,,

their followed were slaved,, that is what i seen during the vn wars..

but i don't care what the hell they did,,as long as the country in peace,,i caring for the people living in side vn..

and i always wish them well. other then that none of my concerned,, no one tell the truth during the wars,,. they are all lying slugss,ssss
drunkin duck

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#13 Jan 17, 2014
sensible ideal wrote:
furthermore .
i knew that vn will be in a mess,,regarding social,, health,Education,law and order,
but i just feel sad,, that all i can say,
Obomessy!!;-000h, dat onlee eE.pluribus Unum#!;-000
drunkin duck

Nha Trang, Vietnam

#14 Jan 17, 2014
SpongeBob wrote:
..DitMe, cac Bo deo co...hot ma cu khoai ban cai ve hot nhung voi...hot dau. Ma thang PhuTang lam mat Me cai hot ..mit tu thua chan chau nen con Me ay tat dai dau dzam bolao...The ma tot ay chu ly. Wahahahhaha!
;-000h, hahahahohahohanoi no more Do La beecause McMay sending 2much!! ;-00

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nguyen Tan Dung Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vietnam PM asks Cambodia to discourage anti-Vie... (Aug '14) Mar '16 SpongeBob 184
News Vietnam chooses stay-the-course leader over mor... (Jan '16) Feb '16 QYTNATNGUTWANDEB3... 9
News China's Xi heads to Vietnam as anger brews over... (Nov '15) Nov '15 QYTNATNGUGADEBHMO... 9
News Vietnam waives visas for 5 Europe countries to ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 XECANQONOIGBEOLAI... 9
News Vietnamese PM prays at Bodh Gaya, says Buddhism... (Oct '14) Apr '15 Vinamese 14
News Progress but no deal in trans-Pacific trade talks (Nov '14) Feb '15 followthecrowdoff... 21
News Vietnam 'hurt' by Senate bill commemorating 'Bl... (Feb '15) Feb '15 bac ky d d d lim 26
More from around the web