Pol Pot victory monument opens in Vie...

Pol Pot victory monument opens in Vietnam

There are 184 comments on the Thanh Nein News story from Jan 6, 2012, titled Pol Pot victory monument opens in Vietnam. In it, Thanh Nein News reports that:

PM Nguyen Tan Dung and Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen cut the inauguration banner for the Pol Pot victory monument on January 2. Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and his Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen on Monday attended the inauguration of a monument in southern Vietnam commemorating the victory over Pol Pot.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Thanh Nein News.

Rambeaux

Cherry Hill, NJ

#41 Jan 10, 2012
I worked with a number of Cambodians who escaped the evil Khmer Rouge regime. The stories they would tell would make your hairs stand on end. People were brutally tortured and killed for having a hint of education---even for wearing eyeglasses. I remember one story where people were forced to climb tall trees. Then the tree was shaken until the person fell to his/her death. The Vietcong were humanitarian compared to the Khmer Rouge.

Since: Oct 11

Toronto, Canada

#42 Jan 10, 2012
Rambeaux wrote:
I worked with a number of Cambodians who escaped the evil Khmer Rouge regime. The stories they would tell would make your hairs stand on end. People were brutally tortured and killed for having a hint of education---even for wearing eyeglasses. I remember one story where people were forced to climb tall trees. Then the tree was shaken until the person fell to his/her death. The Vietcong were humanitarian compared to the Khmer Rouge.
It cannot deny the fact of the brutality of the Khmer Rouge now...but what some of us want to tell the world that the Khmer Rouge was the creation of Hanoi and Hanoi should not have taken credit of taking it down. Hanoi should have taken some responsibility of the mass murder as well.

If the genocide regime of Polpot did not side with China but allied with the North Vietnam after war, the fascsit backy Hanoi may tolerate or even co-op with the murderous regime.
Yes

Aldrich, MO

#43 Jan 10, 2012
Convert Sray wrote:
They should build Sihanuk and Ho chi nimh's monument by its side as well.
Yes and put Satan,Hitler and Stalin in the middle.
Vinamese

Reseda, CA

#44 Jan 10, 2012
OPPOSITION PARTY wrote:
<quoted text>
It cannot deny the fact of the brutality of the Khmer Rouge now...but what some of us want to tell the world that the Khmer Rouge was the creation of Hanoi and Hanoi should not have taken credit of taking it down. Hanoi should have taken some responsibility of the mass murder as well.
If the genocide regime of Polpot did not side with China but allied with the North Vietnam after war, the fascsit backy Hanoi may tolerate or even co-op with the murderous regime.
Your only defense was to say what if what if. The VC should have make all the NGUY clim tall coconut trees too and then you can say for real. No what if in a debate. stae your facts or just STFU.
Vinamese

Reseda, CA

#45 Jan 10, 2012
killing field wrote:
<quoted text>,.
van con ,,.
The only labor camp that still exist is in your crazy mind.
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#46 Jan 11, 2012
This one VNCH/NGUY (South Vietnamese) losers were whining about how much corruption in Vietnam airport. He said that you always have to stick a 5 dollar bill into your visa so if you were challenged with paper work.

Then I made clear to him, "Ok, fine, after that, just don't cut the line. You stay at the same spot."

The VNCH/NGUY guy got angry, "I already paid. Now it's my right to move ahead of the line."

I said, if I am a tourist there, as far as I concern, you are cutting the line, you are stealing my time waiting in the line.

The VNCH/NGUY guy got mad at me, "You are stupid. Why do I have to pay without having any benefit?"

I coolly repeat to the guy, "Let's keep thing simple. I don't want anyone to cut in front of me."

The VNCH/NGUY guy said, "It's my right to cut in front of you. I already paid."

Oh man, what a stupid people.
nguoi hung mien bac

Ilford, UK

#47 Jan 11, 2012
Rambeaux wrote:

of course dogs always licking dogs
nguoi hung mien bac

Ilford, UK

#48 Jan 11, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
This one VNCH/NGUY (South Vietnamese) losers were whining about how much corruption in Vietnam airport. He said that you always have to stick a 5 dollar bill into your visa so if you were challenged with paper work.
Then I made clear to him, "Ok, fine, after that, just don't cut the line. You stay at the same spot."
The VNCH/NGUY guy got angry, "I already paid. Now it's my right to move ahead of the line."
I said, if I am a tourist there, as far as I concern, you are cutting the line, you are stealing my time waiting in the line.
The VNCH/NGUY guy got mad at me, "You are stupid. Why do I have to pay without having any benefit?"
I coolly repeat to the guy, "Let's keep thing simple. I don't want anyone to cut in front of me."
The VNCH/NGUY guy said, "It's my right to cut in front of you. I already paid."
Oh man, what a stupid people.

did you reader-ed your brother in the NORTH VIETNAM came to the south to shooting the people,,.

you see backy people are horrible,,. stink,,. gamble,,. gangster,,murder,,.robbery,,.

this is a very truth hochiminh backy children,,.

do you wanted some benefit for your self,,.

then join your hochiminh nephew gangster like your brother in vietnam now ,,then your skull will srinking like stinking dog cox,,hi,hi,hi,
nguoi hung mien bac

Ilford, UK

#49 Jan 11, 2012
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>The only labor camp that still exist is in your crazy mind.

you are from North vietnam,,. you must known how many of them labour camp hochiminh HILTON HOTEL left in the north,,.

them hanoi backy are very evil,,.they hatred south vietnamese people so much.,,

they are willingness to eating them south vietnamese solders fleshes,,.

fking backy are horrible,,.
SpongeBob

King City, Canada

#50 Jan 11, 2012
nguoi hung mien bac wrote:
<quoted text>,.
you are from North vietnam,,. you must known how many of them labour camp hochiminh HILTON HOTEL left in the north,,.
them hanoi backy are very evil,,.they hatred south vietnamese people so much.,,
they are willingness to eating them south vietnamese solders fleshes,,.
fking backy are horrible,,.
Ui choi, co gi la dau con. Voi su quan triet quan chung sau sac cua DangTa, cac trai ay duoc co ten la ...TRAI AN DZUONG. Hoi GiaChicago thi ro. KhuaGia huong nhan trong ay tham thoat 20 nam cho may. May ra Khua chua di ve....coi tren. Aahahhahahaa!
Yang kmla

Greensboro, NC

#51 Jan 11, 2012
Cambodian Brothers,

You still have your own land, government, people...
You must learn from Champa, Degar...How they lost their country!
Yang kmla

Greensboro, NC

#52 Jan 11, 2012
Hey Cambodian brothers,

THIS IS VIETNAM THEY ARE NOT YOUR SIDE!
killing field

Ilford, UK

#53 Jan 11, 2012
SpongeBob wrote:
<quoted text>Ui choi, co gi la dau con. Voi su quan triet quan chung sau sac cua DangTa, cac trai ay duoc co ten la ...TRAI AN DZUONG. Hoi GiaChicago thi ro. KhuaGia huong nhan trong ay tham thoat 20 nam cho may. May ra Khua chua di ve....coi tren. Aahahhahahaa!

dang cua chung may gay dau kho cho xa hoi,,.
Dang cua chung may giao duc tre em giet nguoi cuop cua,,.

dang cua chung may la loai giet nguoi cuop cua,,.
thay ro chua con ?
killing field

Ilford, UK

#54 Jan 11, 2012
Yang kmla wrote:
Cambodian Brothers,
You still have your own land, government, people...
You must learn from Champa, Degar...How they lost their country!

i losers more then you all,

my house,,my lands,,.my parents,,my golds,,.my monies,,

my loved,,to them hanoi backy,,

how do you feel if you seen them hanoi backy living in your house illegally every time you come back to visitor your country ?

Since: Jan 12

Australia

#55 Jan 11, 2012
Pol pot was a hideous human being. I have been to Cambodia, seen the skulls, tripped over the bones of children that still rise from the ground, cried against the tree where they would smash babies infront of their mothers, seen the bloodstains on the walls of the S21 torture chambers, spoken to people who have lost their entire family and even seen their deaths in front of them.
He is equivalent to Hitler, if not more sadistic.
aek oudom

Hurst, TX

#56 Jan 11, 2012
all those skulls most Khmer skulls but some of them are Vietnam soldier skulls. during fighting pol pot too many dies.
ho N polpot china-lackies

Chicago, IL

#57 Jan 11, 2012
ho N polpot-china-lac kies

Chicago, IL

#58 Jan 11, 2012
ho N-polpot-china-l ackies

Chicago, IL

#60 Jan 11, 2012
pol pot was HCM disciple

Chicago, IL

#61 Jan 11, 2012
1946 pol pot was ho chi minh disciple
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/pot.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nguyen Tan Dung Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vietnam waives visas for 5 Europe countries to ... Jun 19 XECANQONOIGBEOLAI... 9
News Vietnam PM asks Cambodia to discourage anti-Vie... (Aug '14) Apr '15 Kom khmer 183
News Vietnamese PM prays at Bodh Gaya, says Buddhism... (Oct '14) Apr '15 Vinamese 14
News Progress but no deal in trans-Pacific trade talks (Nov '14) Feb '15 followthecrowdoff... 21
News Vietnam 'hurt' by Senate bill commemorating 'Bl... Feb '15 bac ky d d d lim 26
News Vietnam plans to reserve up to 1.5 mln tons of oil Feb '15 Drgunzet 24
News China and Vietnam to settle maritime disputes (Dec '14) Feb '15 Drgunzet 52
More from around the web