Pol Pot victory monument opens in Vietnam

Jan 6, 2012 Full story: Thanh Nein News 184

PM Nguyen Tan Dung and Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen cut the inauguration banner for the Pol Pot victory monument on January 2. Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung and his Cambodian counterpart Hun Sen on Monday attended the inauguration of a monument in southern Vietnam commemorating the victory over Pol Pot.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Killing field

Ilford, UK

#1 Jan 7, 2012
what is this ?
will POLPOT regime accepting this inauguration with HUN SEN ?
we wish for the peace,,we wish all the best,,we wish for the fair,,
Can you all do it,,.?
but the truth has came out,,.evidence come to light,,.
POLPOT was an innocent regime,of a killing Field,,

“peace talk”

Since: May 09

DC State

#2 Jan 7, 2012
politics really confused
ho chi minh their leader

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 7, 2012
never forget
ho chi minh terrorist vietcong camp created these murderers
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#4 Jan 9, 2012
ho chi minh their leader wrote:
never forget
ho chi minh terrorist vietcong camp created these murderers
Wrong. Ho Chi Minh created the Khmer Communists. They turned murderers and even turned around murdering thousands of Vietnamese civilians in Vietnam during the border raids.
Drgunzet

Boise, ID

#5 Jan 9, 2012
Killing field wrote:
what is this ?
will POLPOT regime accepting this inauguration with HUN SEN ?
we wish for the peace,,we wish all the best,,we wish for the fair,,
Can you all do it,,.?
but the truth has came out,,.evidence come to light,,.
POLPOT was an innocent regime,of a killing Field,,
VNCH/NGUY losers have been showing no respect for the people who suffered the Pol Pot's regime. That's very evil. VNCH/NGUY (the South Vietnamese) are the sub-group plucked from the North Vietnam to colonize the new land. These were the criminal, losers, landless poors in North Vietnam who got nothing to lose, no talent, nothing to show. They were moved South by the Nguyen kings and became the VNCH/NGUY losers.

Look at them. They were short, wimpy with small skulls. You put them next to any other Asian and see the obvious difference. They are weak, coward, stupid and pathetic. They are only good for cleaning toilet, cutting grasses, washing dishes.

I have issued challenge against their entire race for over a year. None of them would dare to take my challenge. What a pathetic group of people.
Convert Sray

Sydney, Australia

#6 Jan 9, 2012
They should build Sihanuk and Ho chi nimh's monument by its side as well.
King Rama

Gaithersburg, MD

#7 Jan 9, 2012
This is just another trick by the Viets. They forced Hun Sen to build the very similar statue in Phnom Penh, right in front of Wat Botum. The purpose is to remind Khmer children, "Look, without us Viets, you will never be here." It is purely an ideology.

Dong Nai (now Ba Ria or Barea) is a Khmer province. We call it Preah Sour Kea. I can see the intent of the Viets there: to indoctrinate the minds of the innocent children of the Khmer Krom people.

To me, it is a waste of land. If they want to build a long-lasting peace, they should put the statue of the Buddha instead, for he is the symbol of universal peace.

This statue is a reminder of war, which has nothing to do with peace.
King Rama

Gaithersburg, MD

#8 Jan 9, 2012
From what you stated, since Ho Chi Minh created the "Khmer Communists" directly, and the Khmer Communists murdered Vietnamese directly (at the border raids), does it not imply that Ho Chi Minh murdered his own people indirectly?

And does it not imply also that Ho Chi Minh murdered Khmer people indirectly?

Without Ho Chi Minh, the "Khmer Communists" would not be created, right? And if the Khmer Communists did not exist, there would be NO killing, true?

Therefore, Ho Chi Minh is a murderer.
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Ho Chi Minh created the Khmer Communists. They turned murderers and even turned around murdering thousands of Vietnamese civilians in Vietnam during the border raids.
Vinamese

Reseda, CA

#9 Jan 9, 2012
King Rama wrote:
This is just another trick by the Viets. They forced Hun Sen to build the very similar statue in Phnom Penh, right in front of Wat Botum. The purpose is to remind Khmer children, "Look, without us Viets, you will never be here." It is purely an ideology.
Dong Nai (now Ba Ria or Barea) is a Khmer province. We call it Preah Sour Kea. I can see the intent of the Viets there: to indoctrinate the minds of the innocent children of the Khmer Krom people.
To me, it is a waste of land. If they want to build a long-lasting peace, they should put the statue of the Buddha instead, for he is the symbol of universal peace.
This statue is a reminder of war, which has nothing to do with peace.
Putting Buddha statue is a very nobel idea and i supported it. Putting Buddha statue all over the world and it would be even better. But there are also a place to put up statue to remind people the evil Pol Pot monster killing half of the Cambodian people.
Kiang Guek Eve

Fresno, CA

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>Putting Buddha statue is a very nobel idea and i supported it. Putting Buddha statue all over the world and it would be even better. But there are also a place to put up statue to remind people the evil Pol Pot monster killing half of the Cambodian people.
the real Killer is Vinigar and they disguised as a nice gentle innocent turtle. Stop lying you viet dog are the responsible for Khmer atrocities.
King Rama

Gaithersburg, MD

#11 Jan 9, 2012
Yes, certainly I agree my friend. The Buddha is a symbol of peace.

But what I don't agree with you is what you stated that "Pol Pot monster killing half of the Cambodian people."

How do you know it was Pol Pot who killed half of Cambodian people? What made you think he was the real killer? What about the secretly disquised Viets who trained the Khmer Rouges and lived in Cambodia at the time? What about the US that sent B-52 bombs that killed hundreds and hundreds of thousands of innocent children and adults alike? Should we build a statue to remind people for such killing too?

Although killing takes place in evey country every day, the killing of Khmer people, particularly innocent children, and the extermination of people in one entire village, at that scale is something for humans to think about.
Vinamese wrote:
<quoted text>Putting Buddha statue is a very nobel idea and i supported it. Putting Buddha statue all over the world and it would be even better. But there are also a place to put up statue to remind people the evil Pol Pot monster killing half of the Cambodian people.
an cap thi cchet me may

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 9, 2012
King Rama wrote:
But what I don't agree with you is what you stated that "Pol Pot monster killing half of the Cambodian people."
How do you know it was Pol Pot who killed half of Cambodian people? What made you think he was the real killer? What about the secretly disquised Viets who trained the Khmer Rouges and lived in Cambodia at the time? What about the US that sent B-52 bombs that killed hundreds and hundreds of thousands of innocent children and adults alike? Should we build a statue to remind people for such killing too?
Although killing takes place in evey country every day, the killing of Khmer people, particularly innocent children, and the extermination of people in one entire village, at that scale is something for humans to think about.
<quoted text>
b52 bommers killed thousands of sorry arse bac ky commie gone wild stealin south vietnam...too bad b52 did not wipe out da bac ky 3tau lao breed
an cap thi cchet me may

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 9, 2012
King Rama wrote:
<quoted text>
thousand viet children are starvin right now in commie vietnam who fault? sorry arse bac ky ho chi minh
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/434528880...
check out them sorry arse viet peasants are starvin must eat 'luu dan'
vietcong did this

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 9, 2012
vietcong did this

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 9, 2012
vietcong did this

Chicago, IL

#16 Jan 9, 2012
nguyen van thieu

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 9, 2012
bac ky do not forgit
pol pot graduated from vietcong vietminh ho chi minh commie camp...with da blessin' from russia and china
killing field

Ilford, UK

#18 Jan 9, 2012
Kiang Guek Eve wrote:
<quoted text>the real Killer is Vinigar and they disguised as a nice gentle innocent turtle. Stop lying you viet dog are the responsible for Khmer atrocities.

as i told them,,. the evidences has came to light,,.
polpot was innocent regime,,.

but were blames a very serious crime,,,
it does caused his people confused his regime,,.

he is a heroes for khmer people,,he is the one to confronted any invasion against his country,,.

we show his group exchanged fire with chinese military,,.
we seen his regime exchanged heavy fire with hochiminh regime,,.

the evidence are clearly there,,.
pol pot regime doesn't have has any once to helping them to
communicated to the international communities..

that is why causing the world misunderstood,,.
SpongeBob

King City, Canada

#19 Jan 9, 2012
Convert Sray wrote:
They should build Sihanuk and Ho chi nimh's monument by its side as well.
Sianouk, King of Cambodia is only an image that is good for fighting a ...proxy war. You should learn more about personal background of Sianouk through different periods of Khmer history. Khmer nation is better without a king like Sianouk. He not only switched the side anytime, but also didn't help nothing at all in Khmer genocidal history....-From an ex-member of Vietnam volunteer Armforces in Cambodia-
killing field

Ilford, UK

#20 Jan 9, 2012
Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
VNCH/NGUY losers have been showing no respect for the people who suffered the Pol Pot's regime. That's very evil. VNCH/NGUY (the South Vietnamese) are the sub-group plucked from the North Vietnam to colonize the new land. These were the criminal, losers, landless poors in North Vietnam who got nothing to lose, no talent, nothing to show. They were moved South by the Nguyen kings and became the VNCH/NGUY losers.
Look at them. They were short, wimpy with small skulls. You put them next to any other Asian and see the obvious difference. They are weak, coward, stupid and pathetic. They are only good for cleaning toilet, cutting grasses, washing dishes.
I have issued challenge against their entire race for over a year. None of them would dare to take my challenge. What a pathetic group of people.

this is a backy attitude,,.
rude,,violent,,. no brain,, the people like you didn't deserve to like like any other backy,,,.

you are the once mut cat hochiminh,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nguyen Tan Dung Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mekong countries plan $30bn links 17 min Drgunzet 4
Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia to expand triangle coop... 3 hr Drgunzet 26
Provincial spat over Chinese resort in Vietnam ... Fri CAPKHUNGLIMDRUDEN... 40
Vietnam increasingly dependent on China, despit... Fri CAPKHUNGLIMDRUDEN... 36
Vietnam, Customs Union wrap up FTA talks Dec 17 thu hoan bac ky 4
Vietnam PM presses ahead with visa waivers for ... Dec 16 bopxi big mouth 4
Vietnam's economy is expected to grow more than... Dec 15 LIM DI C 0N 15
More from around the web