Are Libyans turning against the West?

Are Libyans turning against the West?

There are 104 comments on the MSNBC story from Jun 15, 2012, titled Are Libyans turning against the West?. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Libyans who overthrew dictator Moammar Gadhafi could now be turning on the West, according to a counter-extremism think tank that says militant Islamists are exploiting the country's fragile security situation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Carlos

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#1 Jun 15, 2012
xDDDDDDDDDDDD, make may day!!!!!! I think there are only serious retards around!!!!! Those guys didnt listened the amount of "Allah Akbar" the so called "freedom figthers" were screaming throughout the civil war? Ok, ok, they are really stupid and even remember they used to call talibans "freedom fighters", too. But, they dont know who is Abdelhakim Belhaj?!!!

Man, it will be funny when they brow up your asses in Europe...
arthur

Saint Albans, Australia

#2 Jun 15, 2012
They attacked the cemetary in benghazi again.Still ICC lawyers in prison.Some of us are watching.There seems to be a total lack of interest about Libya in my country.Syria gets the headlines,which I guess makes sense considering the current situation over there.
Panafrican

Detroit, MI

#3 Jun 15, 2012
This was predictable, wasn't it ?
Obama is fu-cking responsible for being so ...., Pfff . I'm sick.
He has no clue whatsoever about common sense.
I will not vote for him in the upcoming elections, never ever !
arthur

Mentone, Australia

#4 Jun 15, 2012
Panafrican wrote:
It was predictable when you look back at it.The whole war seemed chaotic.It had a Mad Max look to it with the vehicles and open desert roads.If they knew the country would splinter afterwards it should have taken this into consideration.Fortunately Obama is not my problem.Things could be worse,Hillary could have been president and that woman is incompetent.

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

#5 Jun 16, 2012
Carlos wrote:
xDDDDDDDDDDDD, make may day!!!!!! I think there are only serious retards around!!!!! Those guys didnt listened the amount of "Allah Akbar" the so called "freedom figthers" were screaming throughout the civil war? Ok, ok, they are really stupid and even remember they used to call talibans "freedom fighters", too. But, they dont know who is Abdelhakim Belhaj?!!!
Man, it will be funny when they brow up your asses in Europe...
You're making yourself look an idiot again. What do you think Gaddhafi was doing in Europe the past 30 years? He blew up planes, discos, armed and trained others to do the same, and even connived to sink whole passenger ships. Nobody was safe when he was around.

Berlin, Germany

#6 Jun 16, 2012
Panafrican wrote:
What was predictable?

Berlin, Germany

#7 Jun 16, 2012
arthur wrote:
They attacked the cemetary in benghazi again.Still ICC lawyers in prison.Some of us are watching.There seems to be a total lack of interest about Libya in my country.Syria gets the headlines,which I guess makes sense considering the current situation over there.
The lack of interest is a sign of things quieting down in Libya. That we're getting hot under the collar because a lawyer has been unrighteously detained is actually a good sign, when you think a couple of months ago we were talking about big battles, huge bunkers being blown up, hundreds getting killed, black Africans being murdered by angry mobs, towns getting bombed.

Attacking a Christian cemetery or detaining an ICC lawyer for doing her job is certainly bad news and I'm just as anxious as anyone else to see these getting resolved as soon as possible, but let's keep things in perspective. As long as nobody (or hardly anybody) is getting killed things do seem to be looking up in Libya.
arthur

Mentone, Australia

#8 Jun 16, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
The lack of interest is a sign of things quieting down in Libya. That we're getting hot under the collar because a lawyer has been unrighteously detained is actually a good sign, when you think a couple of months ago we were talking about big battles, huge bunkers being blown up, hundreds getting killed, black Africans being murdered by angry mobs, towns getting bombed.
Attacking a Christian cemetery or detaining an ICC lawyer for doing her job is certainly bad news and I'm just as anxious as anyone else to see these getting resolved as soon as possible, but let's keep things in perspective. As long asThey are a nobody (or hardly anybody) is getting killed things do seem to be looking up in Libya.
I agree it should be kept in perspective.They will be isolated basically until the lawyers are freed and the educated must be mortified.The grave desecrations can be put down to uneducated idiots.We performed well against the Africa corps and I see red when these events occur.The death toll is definitely lower than during the war and that is a positive.lol.
SABA APRIL MASKARA

Norway

#9 Jun 16, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making yourself look an idiot again. What do you think Gaddhafi was doing in Europe the past 30 years? He blew up planes, discos, armed and trained others to do the same, and even connived to sink whole passenger ships. Nobody was safe when he was around.

you know nothing you CHIHUAHUA everybody i mean western intelligence services excepted you nknows that it was ABU NIDAL and not Kadhaffi as longer you dont stop to hold a 5 liters glass of beer in you ass, you ll never get out of your german dreamland
i hate germans beer..we loves payng heavy taxes for ensuring our future hi hi we dont complain about it you sucker ..Norway s world champion in humanitarian aid hi hi hi
Carlos

Nova Iguaçu, Brazil

#10 Jun 16, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot to pretende to be a nice guy against the terrorism xD... BTW, we know USA and Europeans bombed Libya several times...We know your government use terrorism in Syria, Libya and another countries around the world. Do you even know, USA is protecting cuban terrorists? You never knew about cuban civil planes and boats getting bombed by them? Do you know CIA is training terrorists to attack civilians in Cuba, Iran and another countries were the people dont want to be your slaves? You are sooo uninformed, your so called "freepress" really sucks!

MAYBE YOU KNOW IT AND ONLY WANT TO BELIEVE YOU ARE GOOD-GOOD CHAMPIONS OF DEMOCRACY AND CIVILIZATION... Amuse us! Everyone around the world see you only as barbaric warband, following atrocious warlords in the purpose of looting...
SABA APRIL MASKARA

Norway

#11 Jun 16, 2012
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot to pretende to be a nice guy against the terrorism xD... BTW, we know USA and Europeans bombed Libya several times...We know your government use terrorism in Syria, Libya and another countries around the world. Do you even know, USA is protecting cuban terrorists? You never knew about cuban civil planes and boats getting bombed by them? Do you know CIA is training terrorists to attack civilians in Cuba, Iran and another countries were the people dont want to be your slaves? You are sooo uninformed, your so called "freepress" really sucks!
MAYBE YOU KNOW IT AND ONLY WANT TO BELIEVE YOU ARE GOOD-GOOD CHAMPIONS OF DEMOCRACY AND CIVILIZATION... Amuse us! Everyone around the world see you only as barbaric warband, following atrocious warlords in the purpose of looting...
Carlos do you know that US buy 1 irakis baril for 1 US dollar ?
so tell me how much libyan barril will cost em ?for the moment, nothing but in 50 years times it may cost 25 cents a barril hi hi hi..thanks for blowing the mind of this CHIHUAHUA DOG ..
arthur

Australia

#12 Jun 16, 2012
SABA APRIL MASKARA wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlos do you know that US buy 1 irakis baril for 1 US dollar ?
so tell me how much libyan barril will cost em ?for the moment, nothing but in 50 years times it may cost 25 cents a barril hi hi hi..thanks for blowing the mind of this CHIHUAHUA DOG ..
One thing that will have to change in Libya is the cheap petrol.This is heavily subsidized by the gov as it was under ghaddafi.We are soon to be one of the biggest gas producers on the planet and I pay 60 cents per litre of lpg gas.I drive a gas powered family wagon,not mercs like u guys.Petrol is about $1.50 US per litre.This is how modern free market economies work.Although another revolution may occur as I have read petrol is 8cents a litre.

Berlin, Germany

#14 Jun 16, 2012
arthur wrote:
<quoted text>One thing that will have to change in Libya is the cheap petrol.This is heavily subsidized by the gov as it was under ghaddafi.We are soon to be one of the biggest gas producers on the planet and I pay 60 cents per litre of lpg gas.I drive a gas powered family wagon,not mercs like u guys.Petrol is about $1.50 US per litre.This is how modern free market economies work.Although another revolution may occur as I have read petrol is 8cents a litre.
Petrol is dirt cheap all over the Near East. What most people in Europe don't know is that well over half the high prices they pay for fuel at the pumps is tax, another 35% is profit for the oil firms and the rest is for getting it out of the ground, refining it and getting it to market.

I don't drive my Merc, not really, it usually just stands in the garage. I hate cars but have to use one every now and then for my job. My business acquaintances just wouldn't understand it if I turned up on my push bike or in full leather on my motorbike. I'm supposed to be a posh and refined high earner, not some jerk on a bike or a motorcycle nerd.
arthur

Australia

#15 Jun 16, 2012
psasy wrote:
i just love to see the comments of pathetic pricks like SABA APRIL MASKARA and carlos and pancake,you people are a joke stop talking about a country you know nothing about,youre talking like Gaydafi was good to the west and the world!!!! he fu*king hated you people as much as he hated us.
no one hates the west,if you simply look at the number of busines men and foreign companies and jurnalists you will know that no one hates anyone .
we have more security than we had before ,now police and army protect us, not the regime,the only reason you hear of any bad news is because we dont live under media blackout anymore ,we have free media ,this news of terrorists activity is not new,it was there before Gaydafi got a stick up his ass,but you simply never heard of it,because there was no one to report the news.
and the ICC lawyer tried to make "saif" to sign a paper that states he was tortured and he never did any crimes against the libyan people ,but one of the guards acted like he dont understand english and he heard EVERYTHING,thats when he called the rest and they arrested the lawyer,it was legitimate arrest and they are perfectly fine .
stop acting like "experts" on my country ,your only embarrassing youre self.
PS. i am in bengazi right now,if anyone want to know whats going on in here, just ask.
may peace be upon you all
The first thing you have to learn is not to imprison someone because an old man in a corner secretly speaks English,thinks he hears something so a ICC lawyer team is arrested.This is Ghaddafi like behaviour,although he would have come up with a better story.You write half decent English so I assume you have been educated in the west at least partially and u should know these things.I hate to tell you this but this makes your country seem backwards.Let's not dwell on negatives.I am interested in your hometown Tobruk as I have spent many hours reading about this town.Are their still remnants around the town of the fortifications built by the Italians,improved and defended by the rats of tobruk and lost by the brits and south Africans?Are their Australians in war cemetaries in Tobruk?Are you in the new army?
SABA APRIL MASKARA

Norway

#16 Jun 16, 2012
psasy wrote:
i just love to see the comments of pathetic pricks like SABA APRIL MASKARA and carlos and pancake,you people are a joke stop talking about a country you know nothing about,youre talking like Gaydafi was good to the west and the world!!!! he fu*king hated you people as much as he hated us.
no one hates the west,if you simply look at the number of busines men and foreign companies and jurnalists you will know that no one hates anyone .
we have more security than we had before ,now police and army protect us, not the regime,the only reason you hear of any bad news is because we dont live under media blackout anymore ,we have free media ,this news of terrorists activity is not new,it was there before Gaydafi got a stick up his ass,but you simply never heard of it,because there was no one to report the news.
and the ICC lawyer tried to make "saif" to sign a paper that states he was tortured and he never did any crimes against the libyan people ,but one of the guards acted like he dont understand english and he heard EVERYTHING,thats when he called the rest and they arrested the lawyer,it was legitimate arrest and they are perfectly fine .
stop acting like "experts" on my country ,your only embarrassing youre self.
PS. i am in bengazi right now,if anyone want to know whats going on in here, just ask.
may peace be upon you all

so tell me the WAFALLA have already forgotten the way the late Gal.YOUNIS was executed burn and urinating on his body by your gang ?ok let me say YES so which army and police are protecting you ? i dont thing so you mot.er f.cker wait n see let me stop there you s.n of b.tch..all EL SAIKHA HOUSH have n eyes on you
come n drink coffee to MADINA KADIMA hi hi hi ya ZEB ..BOYS ARE NOT FAR FROM YOUR FEETS..THEY RE THERE..Maghreb state must to be establish first..they re not far away from you zeb hi hi hi
SABA APRIL MASKARA

Norway

#17 Jun 16, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Petrol is dirt cheap all over the Near East. What most people in Europe don't know is that well over half the high prices they pay for fuel at the pumps is tax, another 35% is profit for the oil firms and the rest is for getting it out of the ground, refining it and getting it to market.
I don't drive my Merc, not really, it usually just stands in the garage. I hate cars but have to use one every now and then for my job. My business acquaintances just wouldn't understand it if I turned up on my push bike or in full leather on my motorbike. I'm supposed to be a posh and refined high earner, not some jerk on a bike or a motorcycle nerd.

you re a JOCK CHIHUAHUA i drive my merc everyday specially when it s hot n i m air-conditioner hi hi hi wof wof VINDMØLLER

Berlin, Germany

#18 Jun 16, 2012
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Have you ever been anywhere outside of your own country, outside of your part of the world, I mean somewhere other than South America? Because you sure sound like you've never even been outside of your own town.

Berlin, Germany

#19 Jun 16, 2012
<quoted text>...
you re a JOCK CHIHUAHUA i drive my merc everyday specially when it s hot n i m air-conditioner hi hi hi wof wof VINDMØLLER
My bike also has air conditioning. It came built in without any extra charge.

Berlin, Germany

#20 Jun 16, 2012
<quoted text>...
BTW, you told me all about your Merc months ago when you were still calling yourself AGRAB. Lol!
arthur

Australia

#21 Jun 16, 2012
Ditto Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
Move to oz.With such a low carbon footprint you pay less carbon tax.Wait until that tax gets to Libya!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muammar Gaddafi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: France, Western Europe to be Majority M... Oct 1 J_a_n 4
News Russia Joins Call For Gadhafi To Step Down (May '11) Apr '17 Frogmouth Trump 49
News Libyan rebels in battles outside Gadhafi hometown (Mar '11) Apr '17 Stomach Cancer 10
News How Trump and Putin can save Syria: Carl M. Cannon (Apr '17) Apr '17 misbehaved 4
News Libyan Leader's Embrace Of Sharia Raises Eyebrows (Oct '11) Feb '17 Dipsydoodle 79
News Obama: U.S. open to arming Libyan rebels (Mar '11) Dec '16 Anonymous 3
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Nov '16 Stoltenberg of NATO 48
More from around the web