'I am tougher than Gaddafi': Assad wa...

'I am tougher than Gaddafi': Assad warns West he will 'live and die in Syria'

There are 1 comment on the National Post story from Nov 8, 2012, titled 'I am tougher than Gaddafi': Assad warns West he will 'live and die in Syria'. In it, National Post reports that:

President Bashar al-Assad scotched any suggestion he might flee Syria and warned that any Western military intervention to topple him would have catastrophic consequences for the Middle East and beyond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Post.

Grand Mufti

Nottingham, UK

#1 Nov 8, 2012
If Assad gets killed, the Syria's army will go into overdrive and literally carpet bomb all rebel held areas after giving the residents very minimal warning. Neither the army nor the sucessor to Assad will join forces with the FSA. Not ever.

Please wake up people. This is no Arab Spring. It's a Sunni Awakening through the pretext of an Islamic Revolution. Tunisia, Egypt and Libya have all descended into violent chaos and whilst I'm not condoning the previous regimes it's a fact that sectarianism has taken hold and is a big problem. Christians and Jews are right now fearing for their lives the situation's that bad out there.

Main problem is the West doesn't understand squat about the Middle East and just looks foolish in trying to pretend it does. The West should heed Russia's and China's suggestion: stop supporting the terrorists in Syria and accept that Assad's Government is only doing what any Government would do if the drebs of society began acting all al Capone on their streets.

The FSA are the biggest bunch of terrorists you'll ever meet! Hell bent on nothing more than revenge and violence and we're supposed to believe they're freedom fighters?

ps Despite what you brainwashed or online police freaks might think, I am not particularly pro-Assad or anti-Assad. Which is the way it should be. Which means it is none of your business either and it means that you are the terrorist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muammar Gaddafi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Dec '17 Old Age is awful 49
News Report: France, Western Europe to be Majority M... (Sep '17) Oct '17 J_a_n 4
News Russia Joins Call For Gadhafi To Step Down (May '11) Apr '17 Frogmouth Trump 49
News Libyan rebels in battles outside Gadhafi hometown (Mar '11) Apr '17 Stomach Cancer 10
News How Trump and Putin can save Syria: Carl M. Cannon (Apr '17) Apr '17 misbehaved 4
News Libyan Leader's Embrace Of Sharia Raises Eyebrows (Oct '11) Feb '17 Dipsydoodle 79
News Obama: U.S. open to arming Libyan rebels (Mar '11) Dec '16 Anonymous 3