We condemn Israel. So why the silence...

We condemn Israel. So why the silence on Syria? | Jonathan Freedland

There are 70 comments on the The Guardian story from Oct 19, 2012, titled We condemn Israel. So why the silence on Syria? | Jonathan Freedland. In it, The Guardian reports that:

When Israelis kill Arabs there is outrage. But Assad's brutal campaign has cost 30,000 lives and there've been no protests A Free Syrian Army fighter carries a baby, the only survivor in his family after an artillery round destroyed his home in Aleppo this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kevin

United States

#1 Oct 19, 2012
Because the FSA is supported by outsiders.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#2 Oct 19, 2012

What a waste of time .. what a bunch of stupid 'uber-educated' asses..!!

Johnathan Freelander from Da'Guardian waves in front of our faces a photo of un unshaved freedom fighter carrying a baby ... allegedly a new orphan addition to the long list ... and the s.o.b. questions 'why nobody condemns Syria... or rather Assad Jr. and his gang of assassins'

Johnathan we are beyond condemnation... it's about time to start doing ... rather than writing and talking intelligently... around a table with coffee, pastry and Malboro cigarettes..

Assad Jr. has to be stopped. Period.

What..?? He has the support of who..?? Hu Jintao and Putin..??

Well, if we put our hearts on it .... we can have Hu Jintao even send a batallion of Chinese Commandoes to evict fckkn Assad.

Simply,... YOU HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS..!!
Kapisch... Johnathan... WHERE IT HURTS..!!

And where does it hurt in Tiananmen..??
In their pockets ..!!

A boycott and a warning that if China doesn't respect world patents ... no more business, will change even the sense of the clock movements in China..

The Russkies are even easier and softer to pressure...

So recaping... The question is not why nobody condemns the killings in Syria, the question is .... why the world community is not doing what it has to be done ... to stop the killings..??

dmaak112

Wilkes Barre, PA

#3 Oct 19, 2012
One, the protest started from day one. The Western media was and remains filled with anti-Asad stories. US/Saudi et al coalition has supplied the rebels with weapons, intelligence, fighters and money. The push for an Iraq redux is pushed by those who supported Bush 2 and Cheney. But all of the deaths were not just by the Syrian regime. The rebels have claimed their share of the death and destruction. What seems to be quickly set aside is that our "freedom fighters" look like the same jihadists we created in Afghanistan forty years ago. Their religious fanaticism marks them out to be just the "new" enemy we will need to maintain our defense expenditures well into the future.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#4 Oct 19, 2012
Is this article supposed to be a joke??? The colony of israel is a terrorist that constantly creates war with all those around it and this is well known.Israel is the largest abuser of human rights on the planet and this is also well known.Israel is behind the murders of countless people all over the world not to mention the wars it creates constantly.To compare the terrorist colony of israel and its illegal murderous war mongering actions with the Syrian government is disgusting.The Syrian government is fighting a terrorist proxie force of arabs from many different countries which are armed and funded by the american government and israel through the dictatorships of qatar,bahrain,saudi arabia,uae,jordan,turkey,etc etc.Israel is a world wide supporter of terrorism and this is well known.The entire so called "arab spring" was a created event created by the american government and israel as a pretext to try and overthrow popular governments and install weak puppet governments that could be controlled by the american government and israel.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Oct 19, 2012
Some one should send this guy back to school to learn English grammar, his sentences are so long I forget what he talking about half way through.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#6 Oct 19, 2012
Still trying to hide from the facts george??
George

Red Deer, Canada

#7 Oct 19, 2012
truth always beats lies wrote:
Nope, still waiting for you to share some
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#8 Oct 19, 2012
truth always beats lies wrote:

Look I believe I told you that before.

You don't breath between sentences ... and that is not good for your health...

Fckkn egg.no.rant ...... ill.ite.rat.e

George

Red Deer, Canada

#9 Oct 19, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
I know his sentences take my breath away and loose my train of thought at the same time while he is calling me a Jew Hasbarat, which makes no difference to me but anyhow he just keeps on going like the everyready bunny
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#10 Oct 19, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, still waiting for you to share some
Still hiding from the facts as you so called people usually do.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#11 Oct 19, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
<quoted text>.
just shut up A$$forhire behind a different name.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#12 Oct 19, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I know his sentences take my breath away and loose my train of thought at the same time while he is calling me a Jew Hasbarat, which makes no difference to me but anyhow he just keeps on going like the everyready bunny
Another goofy post from a paid internet jewish propagandist.
Triple C

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Oct 19, 2012
kevin wrote:
Because the FSA is supported by outsiders.
So is Hamas and Fatah along with the now militarily defunct PLO.
careful what you wish for

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2012
Among the Snipers of Aleppo
By BENJAMIN HALL

It is hard to pick the rebels apart from those who seek to take advantage of the chaos to transform Syria into a Shariah-based fundamentalist state. In Aleppo, I heard Salafi jihadists talk of slaying the minority Alawites, and call for both the immediate support of America, and its immediate demise. These extremist groups are getting weapons from Saudi Arabia and Qatar already; they are not groups that the West would choose to arm. Compared with them, it is not clear that Mr. Assad is the bigger foe.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/opinion/wes...
Syrian

New London, CT

#16 Oct 19, 2012
dmaak112 wrote:
One, the protest started from day one. The Western media was and remains filled with anti-Asad stories. US/Saudi et al coalition has supplied the rebels with weapons, intelligence, fighters and money. The push for an Iraq redux is pushed by those who supported Bush 2 and Cheney. But all of the deaths were not just by the Syrian regime. The rebels have claimed their share of the death and destruction. What seems to be quickly set aside is that our "freedom fighters" look like the same jihadists we created in Afghanistan forty years ago. Their religious fanaticism marks them out to be just the "new" enemy we will need to maintain our defense expenditures well into the future.
Good points. From the beginning, the West has instigated, supported and armed this "uprising", in an attempt to fulfill their "regime change" agenda. They are just now starting to realize that they have been supporting and arming their own worst enemies
Syrian

New London, CT

#17 Oct 19, 2012
careful what you wish for wrote:
Among the Snipers of Aleppo
By BENJAMIN HALL
It is hard to pick the rebels apart from those who seek to take advantage of the chaos to transform Syria into a Shariah-based fundamentalist state. In Aleppo, I heard Salafi jihadists talk of slaying the minority Alawites, and call for both the immediate support of America, and its immediate demise. These extremist groups are getting weapons from Saudi Arabia and Qatar already; they are not groups that the West would choose to arm. Compared with them, it is not clear that Mr. Assad is the bigger foe.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/opinion/wes...
LOL! Assad is like an angel compared with those AlQaeda terrorists.
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#19 Oct 20, 2012

Syrian, don't waste too much time energy and space on this thread... comparing Assad Jr. to other mttthr fckkkr terrorists ...

Let's settle the issue, by means of an old proverb that goes on the spirit of...

THEY ARE ALL SHIT ... BUT THEY HAVE DIFFERENT AROMAS...

Free transalation from Yiddish...

Syrian

New London, CT

#20 Oct 20, 2012
voice of peace wrote:
Syrian, don't waste too much time energy and space on this thread... comparing Assad Jr. to other mttthr fckkkr terrorists ...
Let's settle the issue, by means of an old proverb that goes on the spirit of...
THEY ARE ALL SHIT ... BUT THEY HAVE DIFFERENT AROMAS...
Free transalation from Yiddish...
LOL!! Yes, but isn't it also a Yiddish proverb that says "a dog only shits where there is shit"?
voice of peace

Tel Aviv, Israel

#21 Oct 20, 2012

For the purpose of investigating dog's habits ... I trust my scientific observations rather than a proverb written by what could be a half ass Jew...

I noticed that Lobo, my dog ... he likes to pee at exactly the same spot that he peeed (is this the way to write it) on our previous outing..

Rtloder

Marrickville, Australia

#22 Oct 20, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You mug, your wages for sin have become
interim, because,
The character of a slug that you represent
In a most improper way is a potent
Possibility to be eaten by my chooks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muammar Gaddafi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Norwegian elite dominated by anti-Israel haters (Mar '11) Jun 15 VeganTiger 28
News Can Libya Save Itself From ISIS? Jun 8 Zeppelin 1
News Libyan rebels in battles outside Gadhafi hometown (Mar '11) Apr '15 swedenforever 5
News Libya peace talks appear on verge of collapse Apr '15 Marix 1
News Libya Calls On Russia To Mediate Cease-Fire (May '11) Mar '15 swedenforever 40
News Tony Blair accused of making billions from 'tox... Feb '15 bettysenior 1
News Russia Joins Call For Gadhafi To Step Down (May '11) Jan '15 swedenforever 44
More from around the web