US report warns of threat posed by anti-aircraft missiles taken from Syrian military arsenals

Oct 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Canada.com

The Syrian government's shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles and launchers could imperil civil aviation if they fall into the hands of terror groups, according to an independent report examining the global proliferation of portable missiles.

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2013
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Maybe the West should stop backing AlQaeda rebels?
Jude

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Taken from the Syrian army?. The Russians must stop arming the Syrian army if some of the rockets could be easily taken by the rebels.
close the barn door

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

What's all the fuss about? There were more than enough SAMs looted from Libyan arsenals to down half the 747s in service. Just a tad late to be worrying about Syrian SAMs.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Syrian wrote:
Maybe the West should stop backing AlQaeda rebels?
What does that comment have to do with the article? Who gave the missiles to Assad, do you even know?
Syrian

East Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

close the barn door wrote:
What's all the fuss about? There were more than enough SAMs looted from Libyan arsenals to down half the 747s in service. Just a tad late to be worrying about Syrian SAMs.
Libya, yet another idiotic Western backed fiasco! Better pray that those AlQaeda clowns don't start shooting down civilian aircraft with those SAMs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••