Militiamen attack Libya election comm...

Militiamen attack Libya election commission

There are 3 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Jul 1, 2012, titled Militiamen attack Libya election commission. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

Libyan protesters and militiamen stormed the headquarters of the election commission in the eastern city of Benghazi on Sunday, setting voting slips on fire, a militia commander said, a week before the country holds its first general election in nearly five decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

Carlos

Belford Roxo, Brazil

#1 Jul 1, 2012
Libyan elections are the greatest political joke in the last years - last one were the afghanistan elections... Western Democracy makes me laugh.
Chris

Toronto, Canada

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Carlos wrote:
Libyan elections are the greatest political joke in the last years - last one were the afghanistan elections... Western Democracy makes me laugh.
And before that, the series of Iraqi elections! And, violence on the streets still continues. In Africa the elections are fully sold; except that every time several hundred or so people are killed in dispute as to who won. In Ivory Coast last elections, Sarkozy’s, and the UN forces, settled the outcome. If it wasn’t sad, it would be quite a good joke.
Oliver Cromwell

Fleetwood, UK

#3 Jul 5, 2012
Democracy Rat style,Gadaffi loyalists won't be allowed to take part,they might win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Muammar Gaddafi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia Joins Call For Gadhafi To Step Down (May '11) May 13 Audacity of OldAGE 47
News Obama admits worst mistake of his presidency Apr '16 Le Jimbo 265
News Hillary's Libya Debacle Overlooked Mar '16 Three Days 1
News Candidly speaking: The fallout of the Obama doc... Mar '16 Three Days 1
News Libyan rebels in battles outside Gadhafi hometown (Mar '11) Mar '16 Tripoli Dating 7
News NATO nations: Gadhafi must go (Apr '11) Mar '16 Reblundercants 111
News Obama warns UK must 'pay fair share' for defenc... Mar '16 Speaking Freely 7
More from around the web