Egypt's Morsy gives self new powers

Egypt's Morsy gives self new powers

There are 2 comments on the CNN story from Nov 22, 2012, titled Egypt's Morsy gives self new powers. In it, CNN reports that:

Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy has issued an order preventing any court from overturning his decisions, essentially allowing him to run the country unchecked until a new constitution is drafted, his spokesman announced on state TV Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Nov 22, 2012
ROFLMFAO! Replace one dictator with another. Nothing in Egypt has changed. Except that human rights there will continue to decline under Sharia Law.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 22, 2012
I'm surprised Obama has not issued some similar order in the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohamed Hosni Mubarak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News (Memorial Day) Weekend Reading: Mubarak's Mansi... (May '14) Aug 12 Martin garey 2
News Egyptians pelt Clinton motorcade with tomatoes (Jul '12) May '15 Tazo 166
News Lara Logan hospitalized for sexual assault comp... Mar '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Libya debacle casts shadow on Obama war plan (Feb '15) Feb '15 barefoot2626 43
News Turkey's Evolving Syria Strategy (Feb '15) Feb '15 Dander 1
News The U.S. is complacent as Egypt repeats its his... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Faith 3
News Questions and answers on Egypt's Mubarak ruling (Nov '14) Dec '14 coyote 2
More from around the web