End of Morsi shakes up Islamists

End of Morsi shakes up Islamists

There are 3 comments on the www.jihadwatch.org story from Jul 8, 2013, titled End of Morsi shakes up Islamists . In it, www.jihadwatch.org reports that:

The military's overthrow of Mohammed Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood's fall from power in Egypt have sent Islamist parties around the region scrambling to preserve gains made in the Middle East and North Africa as a result of the Arab Spring uprisings ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.jihadwatch.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 8, 2013
from jihadwatch:

"Brotherhood offshoots in Tunisia and Syria are struggling to distance themselves from their parent outfit in Egypt, while the secular forces they are struggling against have been emboldened ...

"The night the military deposed Morsi, celebrations erupted across the Tunisian capital, with people calling for dissolution of the Islamist-dominated assembly elected in October 2011."

The handwriting is on the wall.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#2 Jul 8, 2013
' "I am not talking about the loss of power, but the setback to the moral argument that the Islamists somehow stand above the fray, are more competent. In fact, one of the lessons we learned is that they are as incompetent, if not more so, than the old authoritarian regimes."

But we knew that already.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Jul 8, 2013
Trisha wrote:
' "I am not talking about the loss of power, but the setback to the moral argument that the Islamists somehow stand above the fray, are more competent. In fact, one of the lessons we learned is that they are as incompetent, if not more so, than the old authoritarian regimes."
But we knew that already.
And now the out-of-office islamists know it too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mohamed Hosni Mubarak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Egypt's Mubarak gets life in prison (Jun '12) Jul 13 Trailer daughter 15
News McCain: US must be friendly with Egypt amid cha... (Feb '12) Jul 5 Wife Swapping 7
News Joe Biden fires back at Syria critics Jun '16 Le Jimbo 2
News Hard times in Egypt stoke labor unrest, showdow... Jun '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Breathing new life into a blasphemy law, Egypt ... Apr '16 The Proclaimer 1
News Doublespeak: Unpleasant Reckoning Looming for A... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Michiganian 3
News The Latest: Putin's flight halt to devastate Eg... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web