President: Georgia will return all lo...

President: Georgia will return all lost territories

There are 1 comment on the Trend story from Aug 7, 2012, titled President: Georgia will return all lost territories. In it, Trend reports that:

Georgia will surely return all the lost territories, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili said, while visiting the Shida Kartli region in eastern Georgia, which is adjacent to South Ossetia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Trend.

richard

Ashburn, VA

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Georgia building up its army.
Hmm, interesting... Saakashvili is sure that Georgia will return all the lost territories and now I see why Georgia, among all post soviet countries, spends the biggest percent of its GDP for army while its economy goes to pieces, agricultural sector is weak and non-competitive, and social maintenance practically do not exist... I was sure that true peaceful and democratic states (and Georgia claims to be one) prefer to spend money for firming up economy, while increasing military forces and leaving economy behind speaks well for strengthening of tyranny in Georgia... and I fear they will try to solve the issues with Abkhazia and Ossetia the same way they tried it four years ago and completely wipe out both Abkhazia and Ossetia. I see no other explanation for such arms build up. It seems Saakashvili is sure that army is the only way to solve all the problems. If so then Georgia goes into nowhere...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mikheil Saakashvili Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saakashvili urges Ukrainians to rise up against... (Nov '16) Dec '16 George 4
News Revamped traffic police rebrands Ukrainian law ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 UKRAINE WINS THE ... 2
News a 'True friend of Ukraine' Tony Blair tapped by... (Jun '15) Oct '15 tC Cly 59
News Saakashvili signs deal with U.S. for regional s... (Jul '15) Jul '15 George 9
News US to pay salaries of Governor Saakashvili's te... (Jul '15) Jul '15 George 31
News Poroshenko Is Taking a Gamble on Saakashvili (Jun '15) Jun '15 FASCIST Ukraine 5
News Georgians guide Ukraine's reforms path away fro... (Jun '15) Jun '15 George 1
More from around the web