The Tamil's Uphill Task With The Winn...

The Tamil's Uphill Task With The Winners of The War

There are 15 comments on the Salem-News.com story from Jun 23, 2013, titled The Tamil's Uphill Task With The Winners of The War. In it, Salem-News.com reports that:

OFTEN, when Sri Lanka's ethnic-Sinhalese-dominated government appears to be offering a hand in friendship to the Tamil minority, it turns out to be a slap in the face.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salem-News.com.

Siva Sankaran Sarma

Melbourne, Australia

#1 Jun 24, 2013
How true

“Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 24, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
How true
the real name of Vaddukkoddai is Batakotte, i.e., the kotuva which had bhatayo. This sinhala place name existed till 1900, and so it was an ancient garrison town. The tamil language does not have a B, and so they putt a V there and changed the name.
The same thing is happening in the South. Go to any station along the railway and you will see
Kauthara -> Kaluththurei; galla–>Kaali; Panadure–> Pananthurei; Kegalle –> Kekaallai; Badulla –> bathulai;
rathnaputa –> iraththinapuri, Tangalle –> Thankallai; and so on. But NO ONE PROTESTS. On the other hand, the moment
Omanthai was AT LAST CORREDCTLY writtenas Omantha in Sinhala and English, a lot of protests were started by tamils.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#3 Jun 24, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
How true
Of course it's true! duh

The losers of war always feel bereft of purpose, marginalised, victimised and vilified.

Thats why you should not have engaged in war.

I want a serious answer to the following question.

If Prabakharan had won the Eelam war, would he allow Sinhalese and Muslims to return to the North? Would he rehabilitate and release members of the armed forces? Would he pledge taxes and revenue from the North and invest it in the South?

Please answer the question....... I'm sure you won't. You just call me a diabolical racist and spout some shit about 70% DNA
Shoba

Ottawa, Canada

#4 Jun 24, 2013
kari demalu are a tribe of homeless loooosers
Siva Sankaran Sarma

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Jun 25, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's true! duh
The losers of war always feel bereft of purpose, marginalised, victimised and vilified.
Thats why you should not have engaged in war.
I want a serious answer to the following question.
If Prabakharan had won the Eelam war, would he allow Sinhalese and Muslims to return to the North? Would he rehabilitate and release members of the armed forces? Would he pledge taxes and revenue from the North and invest it in the South?
Please answer the question....... I'm sure you won't. You just call me a diabolical racist and spout some shit about 70% DNA
Listen Sinhalese monkey the percentage of Sinhalese and Muslims in the north was less than 1% before the war. Stop trying lie pretend that there were hundreds and thousand of Sinhalese and Muslims living in the North before 1990 or after that to justify the genocide and ethnic cleansing land grabbing and the large scale settlement of Sinhalese from the south.
The rest is all garbage/. You creatures since independence deliberately never developed the north or east, so that the population will always have to rely on the Sinhalese south for employment. If any development was done it never benefitted the locale Tamils but Sinhalese who were brought in from the south. Just like now. Displaced Tamils languishing whilst the so called development is only benefitting the Armed forces and Sinhalese settlers from the south. Everything is geared towards them. Clueless foreigners including many non Tamil Indians, who cannot distinguish who is a Sinhalese or Tamil, are taken on these carefully orchestrated guided tours that benefit these Sinhalese settlers.
You are fully aware of this lying piece of shit.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#7 Jun 25, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Listen Sinhalese monkey the percentage of Sinhalese and Muslims in the north was less than 1% before the war. Stop trying lie pretend that there were hundreds and thousand of Sinhalese and Muslims living in the North before 1990 or after that to justify the genocide and ethnic cleansing land grabbing and the large scale settlement of Sinhalese from the south.
The rest is all garbage/. You creatures since independence deliberately never developed the north or east, so that the population will always have to rely on the Sinhalese south for employment. If any development was done it never benefitted the locale Tamils but Sinhalese who were brought in from the south. Just like now. Displaced Tamils languishing whilst the so called development is only benefitting the Armed forces and Sinhalese settlers from the south. Everything is geared towards them. Clueless foreigners including many non Tamil Indians, who cannot distinguish who is a Sinhalese or Tamil, are taken on these carefully orchestrated guided tours that benefit these Sinhalese settlers.
You are fully aware of this lying piece of shit.
So when the Govt builds a new road. I assume they will place sensors that mean only Sinhalese can walk on it.
And when a new hospital is built, i assume it will be designed to block access to anyone with curly hair and a thick moustache.
You talk absolute rubbish Siva, any development will beneift all those in the vicinity.
You are such a Tiger stooge.
Siva Sankaran Sarma

Melbourne, Australia

#8 Jun 25, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
So when the Govt builds a new road. I assume they will place sensors that mean only Sinhalese can walk on it.
And when a new hospital is built, i assume it will be designed to block access to anyone with curly hair and a thick moustache.
You talk absolute rubbish Siva, any development will beneift all those in the vicinity.
You are such a Tiger stooge.
Yes to walk and settle on illegally stolen Tamil homes lands and farms that the racist Sinhalese armed forces have illegally stolen by force and is reserving for them.
This is the reason they are now afraid that the TNA will northern province election and will stop this illegal land grabbing and settling Sinhalese, therefore want to change the law so that Colombo will have to power to still grab Tamil lands and settle Sinhalese and have the Police powers to enforce this and safeguard these Illegal Sinhalese land grabbers. A proper federal solution will never allow this. Like in India,Cnada or even in countries smaller than Sri Lankan EG Belgium or Switzerland.
This is where the 1987 Indo Lanka agreement was a flaw.

“Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 25, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes to walk and settle on illegally stolen Tamil homes lands and farms that the racist Sinhalese armed forces have illegally stolen by force and is reserving for them.
This is the reason they are now afraid that the TNA will northern province election and will stop this illegal land grabbing and settling Sinhalese, therefore want to change the law so that Colombo will have to power to still grab Tamil lands and settle Sinhalese and have the Police powers to enforce this and safeguard these Illegal Sinhalese land grabbers. A proper federal solution will never allow this. Like in India,Cnada or even in countries smaller than Sri Lankan EG Belgium or Switzerland.
This is where the 1987 Indo Lanka agreement was a flaw.
Eelamists have again started to shout from rooftops as usual over what can best be described as an attempt to perpetuate the big lie called Tamil Homeland in Sri Lanka. The extent of distorting the true history of Sri Lanka is such that perhaps the Eelimist themselves do not know the fact that the original inhabitants of Jaffna had been Sinhalese before a large scale Tamil settlement took place there when Portuguese , Dutch and English brought them for tobacco cultivation from South India.

Mudaliyar C. Rasnayagam, a prominent Tamil historian claims in his book 'Ancient Jaffna' that " Jaffna was occupied by the Sinhalese earlier than by the Tamils is seen not only in the place names of Jaffna but also in the habits and customs of the people. The system of branding cattle with the communal brand by which not only the caste but also the position and family of the owner could be traced, was peculiarly Sinhalese. The very ancient way of wearing the hair in the form of a konde behind the head, was very common among the people of Jaffna till very recent times" (Ancient Jaffna, p. 384)."

Most of the place names in Jaffna that have been Tamilinised originally had Sinhalese names. Kadurugoda (kantarodai), Hunugama (Chunkamam) and Waligama( Weligamam) are just a few to name. The ruins of Buddhist temples that have been subjected much destruction, some of them can barely be identifiable now, prove an existence of a flourishing Sinhalese Buddhist civilization there.

The present government should take every step to prevent Eelmists' sustained attempt to create a mono-ethnic enclave in the North and East for it is this very government which is credited for defeating such an effort made Eelamists by means of an armed conflict. Otherwise, the enormous sacrifices made by our security forces, boarder villagers and general public will go in vain. On top of all it will be a victory against the falsehood as Tamils have never been the original inhabitants of North and East rather they were recent immigrants or those who came with invaders or those who were brought by the colonists to the region from South India.
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

#10 Jun 25, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Yes to walk and settle on illegally stolen Tamil homes lands and farms that the racist Sinhalese armed forces have illegally stolen by force and is reserving for them.
This is the reason they are now afraid that the TNA will northern province election and will stop this illegal land grabbing and settling Sinhalese, therefore want to change the law so that Colombo will have to power to still grab Tamil lands and settle Sinhalese and have the Police powers to enforce this and safeguard these Illegal Sinhalese land grabbers. A proper federal solution will never allow this. Like in India,Cnada or even in countries smaller than Sri Lankan EG Belgium or Switzerland.
This is where the 1987 Indo Lanka agreement was a flaw.
So for 20 years, you illegally occupied northern provinces, you illegally evicted all others from those areas, you used it as a military stronghold and forbade access to anyone who the LTTE didn't approve.

But that was OK by you.

Now the govt has opened up the land and is re-balancing the population so that no single area is a Tamil stronghold anymore. Tamil dominated areas have historically been breeding grounds for militancy and subversive dissent.

So I agree that the govt should put SInhalese and Muslims into these areas and that only through intergration can the country succeed and flourish.

You lost Siva - and any demands you want to make now were lost the day that the LTTE refused to enter into negotiations.

Tamils have no rights over their self determination, they only have rights like any other Sri Lankan
Siva Sankaran Sarma

Melbourne, Australia

#11 Jun 25, 2013
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
So for 20 years, you illegally occupied northern provinces, you illegally evicted all others from those areas, you used it as a military stronghold and forbade access to anyone who the LTTE didn't approve.
But that was OK by you.
Now the govt has opened up the land and is re-balancing the population so that no single area is a Tamil stronghold anymore. Tamil dominated areas have historically been breeding grounds for militancy and subversive dissent.
So I agree that the govt should put SInhalese and Muslims into these areas and that only through intergration can the country succeed and flourish.
You lost Siva - and any demands you want to make now were lost the day that the LTTE refused to enter into negotiations.
Tamils have no rights over their self determination, they only have rights like any other Sri Lankan
Occupying our land is nto illegal only thing illegal now is your war criminal Sinhalese government and racist Sinhalese armed forces illegally occupying Tamil lands in the north and east. The only Sinhalese who ever there were illegally settled by the government. No Sinhalese ever existed or hardly existed in the north and east prior to 1948.
Siva Sankaran Sarma

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Jun 25, 2013
naIan wrote:
<quoted text>
Eelamists have again started to shout from rooftops as usual over what can best be described as an attempt to perpetuate the big lie called Tamil Homeland in Sri Lanka. The extent of distorting the true history of Sri Lanka is such that perhaps the Eelimist themselves do not know the fact that the original inhabitants of Jaffna had been Sinhalese before a large scale Tamil settlement took place there when Portuguese , Dutch and English brought them for tobacco cultivation from South India.
Mudaliyar C. Rasnayagam, a prominent Tamil historian claims in his book 'Ancient Jaffna' that " Jaffna was occupied by the Sinhalese earlier than by the Tamils is seen not only in the place names of Jaffna but also in the habits and customs of the people. The system of branding cattle with the communal brand by which not only the caste but also the position and family of the owner could be traced, was peculiarly Sinhalese. The very ancient way of wearing the hair in the form of a konde behind the head, was very common among the people of Jaffna till very recent times" (Ancient Jaffna, p. 384)."
Most of the place names in Jaffna that have been Tamilinised originally had Sinhalese names. Kadurugoda (kantarodai), Hunugama (Chunkamam) and Waligama( Weligamam) are just a few to name. The ruins of Buddhist temples that have been subjected much destruction, some of them can barely be identifiable now, prove an existence of a flourishing Sinhalese Buddhist civilization there.
The present government should take every step to prevent Eelmists' sustained attempt to create a mono-ethnic enclave in the North and East for it is this very government which is credited for defeating such an effort made Eelamists by means of an armed conflict. Otherwise, the enormous sacrifices made by our security forces, boarder villagers and general public will go in vain. On top of all it will be a victory against the falsehood as Tamils have never been the original inhabitants of North and East rather they were recent immigrants or those who came with invaders or those who were brought by the colonists to the region from South India.
Copy and paste lying monkey you repeat the same copy and paste lies again and again thinking that an often repeated lie becomes the truth. You are just a waste of time. Some one paid by the Sri Lankan government to post copy and paste crap from state sponsored Sinhalese extremists sites
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

#13 Jun 25, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Occupying our land
how many people are living in the toilet you work atÉ

“Hindu God- Dhanwantri”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 26, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Copy and paste lying monkey you repeat the same copy and paste lies again and again thinking that an often repeated lie becomes the truth. You are just a waste of time. Some one paid by the Sri Lankan government to post copy and paste crap from state sponsored Sinhalese extremists sites
With regard to territorial claims made by the LTTE the word ILAM (Eelam), comes into much prominence. It is, apparently, being used to connote the impression of “a land of the Tamils”. Indeed, the Tamil word ILAM was never before used in that sense. On the contrary, this Tamil word ILAM did not refer to Tamil land but to the “Land of the Sinhala people”. None other establishes this than the Tamil lexicon published under the authority of the highest seat of Tamil learning - the University of Madras. Page 328 of this Tamil lexicon has the following entry: ILAM, n< Pali, Sinhala, 1. Ceylon. What it says is that ILAM means the land of the Sinhala people. The Tamil word given as the meaning of ILAM reads “SINHALUM”. The term ILA in Tamil means “SINHALA”, having its origin in the word HELA, by which term the ancient people of LANKA were known. Thus ILAKKACHU in Tamil means “Sinhala Coins”- ILA means Sinhala, Kachchu means Coins. Similarly, since NADU means LAND, ILANADU means the Sinhala land. According to the said lexicon the word ILANADU was derived from ILAM. The foregoing establishes the fact that the word ILAM (Eelam) never referred to any Tamil land but always signified the Sinhala land. Therefore, if one were to ask for ILAM (Eelam), what is being asked for is the traditional homeland of the Sinhala people. Therefore, such false claims cannot and will not succeed and that perhaps is one reason for the defeat of the LTTE.
SriLankan

Padova, Italy

#15 Jun 26, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
<quoted text>Occupying our land
tamil coolie.poda podaaaaa...your land is Tamilnadu-South India.
Punc

Ottawa, Canada

#16 Jun 28, 2013
Siva Sankaran Sarma wrote:
How true
slap in the face??? tamule pakayo should be kicked in there small nuts and killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mahinda Rajapaksa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tamil Nadu CM strongly opposes India's defense ... (Dec '13) Jun '15 Nagavanshi Samant 104
News Sri Lanka cabinet expands with swearing-in of a... (Nov '13) Feb '15 Demalu R killers 3
News Race, colour and prejudice (Feb '15) Feb '15 koko 8
News Sri Lanka says to return private lands in civil... (Jan '15) Jan '15 CrimeaRiver 1
News Sri Lanka: Resettling Tamils silently expelled ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Punc Vesi 6
News New Sri Lankan President sacks ex-military gove... (Jan '15) Jan '15 CrimeaRiver 1
News What just happened in Sri Lanka? (Jan '15) Jan '15 ktcool 10
More from around the web