China Hopeful About Copenhagen Climate Talks

Full story: ABC News

China wants to increase cooperation with the U.S. and other nations to reach a deal at global climate talks in December, Vice Premier Li Keqiang said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Stevansky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Judged:

Of course they are!! The Obama administration is all out ready to ham string our already hurting economy by slapping us in the face with "Cap and Trade" while China and India are free to spew all the CO2 they desire. You ready to see your power bills double or triple over the next couple of years?? If not you'd better be calling your representatives NOW...ASAP and tell them to STOP CAP AND TRADE and any other legislation that limits CO2. Global Warming is the biggest Ponzi scheme ever unleashed on a gullible public. Also check out the latest at www.junkscience.com

Since: Oct 09

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

I agree. In general it seems almost every other country is free to pollute the world however. The USA & other "Allie" countries "try" to make some awareness to GLobal Warming. WTF! I hate to see b.s. like that. I'll prob be gone in 50/60 years anyway but damn. I dont like China anyway!
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Answer to 'Stevansky Bulan KY #1': You are partly correct, but in the interest of collaboration,
communication, and co-operation as the 3 C's of any successful venture such as the convening of more than 120 Nations in December 2009 in Copen-
hagen, Denmark, we must remember that air masses
are not stationary, and distribute added 'mankind'
heat island heat around the Globe, affecting many nations with droughts being the more severe effect,
and soil erosion in others when continuing Defores-
tation causes less cohesion!
If it were not for potential uses of cap-and-trades 'penalties' in exchange for Reforestation
inherent in that Legislative concept, in both
the House, and Senate Bills {albeit I think Senator Boxer [D.CA]} has dropped this from her
Senator Kerry sponsored paper..} as financial
instruments Derivative betting chips, that NEW coal plants will be extinct, thus artificially raising the futures commodity prices of oil, natural gas!
Placing a straight 'CO2'penalty tax on all power plants, without the caveat of forced Reforestation
is a zero-sum game! While 6% to 8% reductions in vehicular CO2/heat with higher CAFE 35mpg. mandates
by 2020/2024; and substitution of 6% to 8% WATTAGE
from all fossil fueled plants with solar, wind,
hydro, and some limited nuclear plants provided
heat exchange to water ways can be reduced, should
meet President B.Obama, and his Cabinet exemplar
of 14 % CO2/heat reductions, while extensive Reforestation, when trees are matured by 2020/2024
will take over absorbing CO2/heat, and emitting
oxygen, and cooling water vapor!
This we can do, and in effect convene 120 Nations
with positive goals, in addressing GW/GC effects
of increasing mankind "heat island" emissions
over the next 200 years, and more!
F.M.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

China and India will try to get the US to help them buy and use lots of oil, coal and gas. They have growing, desperately poor populations, they can't afford a recession. As long as we are printing so much money, why wouldn't they be sniffing up our skirts?
Stevansky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Earth to Frank. Global warming is a HOAX. Droughts, erosion, heating and cooling have been occurring for millennia, LONG before mankind was on the scene. What we're witnessing are natural phenomena that will occur with or without curbs on CO2 which will result in nothing more than added hardships being foisted on us...the U.S. And what about reforestation? While they are nice to look at they don't just sequester greenhouse gasses, they produce them too, in PRODIGIOUS quantities. By the way did you know that the coolant that we replaced R12 with to "save" the ozone layer is an extremely potent greenhouse gas??? The only thing the environMENTALists are accomplishing is making us cut our noses off to spite our face.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Yeah 'Stevansky Bulan, KY #6': Pretty hard slogging through evolving Chemistry mechanisms when you don't even have the Scientific vocabulary nor the savoir-faire of appropriate retrenchements!
Well keep watching Sesame Street, all those pretty
puppets, and moronic visual renditions of concrete
objects rather than reading books without pictures
to stimulate imaginative nerve pathways, for a
future career in rigorous Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Liberal Arts, will always be
a remainder that to think critically in a 4 dimensional spatial aspect you have to do the work, not the puppeteer!! Thank you!
F.M.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2009

Poverty, expensive electricity and fuel, starvation and exposure and death.

Ultimate conservation.

Let's choose an energy policy that encourages the increased production and use of energy and fuel.
Stevansky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah Frank. Pretty hard to critique someones vocabulary in a single paragraph. I guess you're using the same broken crystal ball you rely on to forecast global warming with. My primary source of relevant information on the subject comes from www.junkscience.com that is run by Steven Milloy.(nope not me) He happens to hold a B.A. in Natural Sciences from the Johns Hopkins University, a Master of Health Sciences in Biostatistics from the Johns Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health, a Juris Doctorate from the University of Baltimore, and a Master of Laws from the Georgetown University Law Center. Pretty good credentials vs. your GED wouldn't you say? But then I'm only guessing you have a GED just like you presupposed to lecture me on my vocabulary or lack thereof. Energy is the lifesblood of our nation and the world for that matter, not the hot air the Environut's spew so prodigiously. www.junkscience.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••