Ieodo not part of territorial dispute...

Ieodo not part of territorial dispute with China: Lee

There are 1 comment on the Korea Herald story from Mar 12, 2012, titled Ieodo not part of territorial dispute with China: Lee. In it, Korea Herald reports that:

President Lee Myung-bak stressed Monday that Ieodo, a submerged rock south of Jeju Island, is within South Korea's jurisdiction, dismissing China's renewed claim to the economically important maritime area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Korea Herald.

JosephMendiola

Hagatna, Guam

#1 Mar 12, 2012
Wehell, it appears that as far as Beijing is concerned IT IS NOW!

As I've warned or inferred on the Net, ambitious "post-US" Global #1 wannabe Rising China wants overseas strategic access = "sole" base rights [Air-Sea-Space Ports] throughout the mostly pro-US "First Island Chain", espec vee TAIWAN, BUT ISN'T GETTING IT.

* RE-INTEGRATION, "INEVITABLE" REUNIFICATION WID TAIWAN = DIVIDES THE "FIRST ISLAND CHAIN" IN ROUGHLY HALF + IS CHINA'S ALL-ENCOMPASSING KEY TO UNFETTERED STRATEGIC ACCESS INTO WESTPAC + FAR PACOAS.

Short of war, China like any other "great State/Power" in Political + World History, is not willing to wait until 2080, 2100, or beyond to achieve its perceived post-US "Manifest Destiny", hence is "hedging" ala enforcement, expansion, or consolidation of its claims of "sole" or unilateral sovereignty to a host of disputed island groups from NE Asia to the South China Sea + beyond.

As long as sovereign control of Taiwan is out of China's hands, it is unlikely to make any comprises wid the ASEAN States as per disputed islands in the South China Sea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee Myung-bak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N. Korean Defector Group in S. Korea Uses Onlin... (Sep '13) Sep '13 hope 1
News Obama to sign 3 trade deals on Friday (Oct '11) Jul '13 swedenforever 91
News `69 pct of high school students believe South i... (Jun '13) Jun '13 1 Korean American 2
News Former spy chief banned from overseas tr... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Daniel 9
News Park Geun-hye close to becoming South Korea's f... (Dec '12) Mar '13 rim 7
News Korea Combs Amazon for Rare Metals Used in Sams... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
News Park faces North Korea nuke crisis as she takes... (Feb '13) Feb '13 truth always beat... 3
More from around the web