Embattled Australian PM prepares cabi...

Embattled Australian PM prepares cabinet reshuffle

There are 22 comments on the The Straits Times story from Mar 23, 2013, titled Embattled Australian PM prepares cabinet reshuffle. In it, The Straits Times reports that:

Australia's embattled Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Saturday said she would announce a cabinet shake-up within days after losing four ministers who backed a failed Labor Party coup against her.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Straits Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 23, 2013
She has about half the Cabinet to pick from, the other half want her out so they can save their jobs come election time.
thor

Perth, Australia

#2 Mar 23, 2013
AmyBeachGirl wrote:
She has about half the Cabinet to pick from, the other half want her out so they can save their jobs come election time.
there was no way rudd was going to challenge . taking over the leadership of the labor party now is akin to drinking from the poisoned chalice , political suicide dont much like rudd but believe him to be a smarter politician than that ! hes much happier to see juliar take the flogging at election time and get blasted into political oblivion = poetic justice - wouldnt mind betting she was behind the whole saga , that way rudd would be gone for good and she could have tried for a grab at the leadership after the election , better to be the opposition leader than unemployable

Location hidden

#3 Mar 23, 2013
But Rudd has a massive ego, now it looks like he will have to leave politics and work for his zillionaire wife, gawd another woman in charge.
thor

Perth, Australia

#4 Mar 23, 2013
AmyBeachGirl wrote:
But Rudd has a massive ego, now it looks like he will have to leave politics and work for his zillionaire wife, gawd another woman in charge.
rudd just didnt want to be priminister at election time and go down in history as the priminister who lost by the largest margin in aus history , think he decided juliar deserves that honour , and rightly so , he,ll be back after the election as the leader off the opposition , thats why I dont think he was behind this saga , would put money on it that juliar was the engineer behind this , she would have know how much the majority of Australians despise her , so better to lee rudd take the fall out
Foo

Upper Coomera, Australia

#5 Mar 23, 2013
Its amazing how quick opinions can change , specially with the economy picking up pace every week now.......I think Labor will win....Actually , the only reason the Libs are polling so well , is because Abbott hasn't opened his mouth for nearly 3 months.....(lol).... but don't worry , as soon as he starts talking again people will soon remember what a complete dick he is......

Location hidden

#6 Mar 23, 2013
thor wrote:
<quoted text>rudd just didnt want to be priminister at election time and go down in history as the priminister who lost by the largest margin in aus history , think he decided juliar deserves that honour , and rightly so , he,ll be back after the election as the leader off the opposition , thats why I dont think he was behind this saga , would put money on it that juliar was the engineer behind this , she would have know how much the majority of Australians despise her , so better to lee rudd take the fall out
interesting for sure, I don't think he can stick it myself but we will wait and see.
Foo

Upper Coomera, Australia

#7 Mar 23, 2013
AmyBeachGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting for sure, I don't think he can stick it myself but we will wait and see.
The Labor leadership has been settled , for good or bad , who knows?......with an election due near the end of this year , its time to start looking at policy and forget the soap opera crap......

Since: Dec 10

Adelaide, Australia

#8 Mar 23, 2013
Foo wrote:
Its amazing how quick opinions can change , specially with the economy picking up pace every week now.......I think Labor will win....Actually , the only reason the Libs are polling so well , is because Abbott hasn't opened his mouth for nearly 3 months.....(lol).... but don't worry , as soon as he starts talking again people will soon remember what a complete dick he is......
Well you believing Labor will win the next election makes one of you....the rest of use believe she will crash and burn, in fact we are in favor of it....going.

Adelaide, Australia

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>The Labor leadership has been settled , for good or bad , who knows?......with an election due near the end of this year , its time to start looking at policy and forget the soap opera crap......
What policies? This government is in crisis and it is totally unrecogniseable to old labor voter who don't want a bar of it or her, they are melting down. Gillard will be out along with all the backstabbers and headhunters come the election day, and we can't wait, we have waited for nearly 6 years for her and the demise over the treatment of HER PM and nothing and noone will be there to revive her this time..Toxin Roxon has gone so now it is time to get rid of the rest of the poison.....Going!
waffen ss

Claremont, Australia

#10 Mar 23, 2013
rudd will come back

Adelaide, Australia

#11 Mar 23, 2013
AmyBeachGirl wrote:
Where do you get that Rudd has the ego, he didn't usurp his leader for his job, he didn't stab Xenephon and several of the others in the back he isn't the one claiming "come on take your best shot" Rudd is not the one with the big ego here, if you look at history it is Gillard, Swan, Shorten and the like who have treated everyone they have dealt with a dismissive and arrogant way. it wasn't my mate Rudd who has maintained a sense of honour throughout this whole disgusting affair....The Labor government since Gillard ripped the carpet from under Rudd has been imploding and noone can blame Rudd for six years of in house fighting and fights against the opposition...it is Gillards government that lowered that bar....and anyone who disagrees with that observation doesn't know a thing about the damage Gillards backstabbing put in motion...and remains to this day.....Going!
Foo

Albany Creek, Australia

#12 Mar 24, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you believing Labor will win the next election makes one of you....the rest of use believe she will crash and burn, in fact we are in favor of it....going.
......you think I'm the only one ?......(lol)

Location hidden

#13 Mar 24, 2013
I don't know how much truth there is but TV News today is reporting talks of a real challenge to the PM and certainly unsettling talk within Labor...

Adelaide, Australia

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>......you think I'm the only one ?......(lol)
Yep! Sure do!
Foo

Albany Creek, Australia

#15 Mar 24, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! Sure do!
You demonstrate on a regular basis that you are not really a "thinking person" in any way.....(lol) politics to you Moaner ,seems to be more about personalities and lipstick , than anything about substance..oh yeah, and mostly about "your mate Kev"......
Foo

Albany Creek, Australia

#16 Mar 24, 2013
As the economy continues to recover in coming months , the polls will revert back to pre-xmas results.........it will become obvious , that the government has been pulling the right economic leavers all along ...Rupert will not be happy!...(lol)

Adelaide, Australia

#17 Mar 24, 2013
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>You demonstrate on a regular basis that you are not really a "thinking person" in any way.....(lol) politics to you Moaner ,seems to be more about personalities and lipstick , than anything about substance..oh yeah, and mostly about "your mate Kev"......
Well do ya think that could be because Gillard is the first PM to stab her PM in his back in his first term and without prior warning so she could steal his job? Just a thought there pacha!

Adelaide, Australia

#18 Mar 24, 2013
Foo wrote:
As the economy continues to recover in coming months , the polls will revert back to pre-xmas results.........it will become obvious , that the government has been pulling the right economic leavers all along ...Rupert will not be happy!...(lol)
You keep dreamin' bud, it doesn't matter what the polls say, the people know better, and that result will tell when it counts...bye bye Julia...and good riddance along with all the other scummy bastards in her corner.

Adelaide, Australia

#19 Mar 24, 2013
Foo wrote:
PS, who do you think has there finger on the pulse of the Australian people POO, you or me...read and weep....your princess and her court jester are losing the plot and all the loyal little soldier will be on the pyre soon....boo hoo Poo....LOL :D

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Internationa...
sid

Chermside, Australia

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that Rudd has the ego, he didn't usurp his leader for his job, he didn't stab Xenephon and several of the others in the back he isn't the one claiming "come on take your best shot" Rudd is not the one with the big ego here, if you look at history it is Gillard, Swan, Shorten and the like who have treated everyone they have dealt with a dismissive and arrogant way. it wasn't my mate Rudd who has maintained a sense of honour throughout this whole disgusting affair....The Labor government since Gillard ripped the carpet from under Rudd has been imploding and noone can blame Rudd for six years of in house fighting and fights against the opposition...it is Gillards government that lowered that bar....and anyone who disagrees with that observation doesn't know a thing about the damage Gillards backstabbing put in motion...and remains to this day.....Going!
Sorry Ahomana, kevie is a gutless little turd, he doesn't have the balls to to take on the PM ship, he doesn't want to be the leader when labour suffers the greatest defeat in their history.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Rudd Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hiring McLachlan 'dreadful mistake' (Aug '15) Aug '15 Elizabet 1
News Opposing gay marriage will decide the Prime Min... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Phyllis Schlafly ... 7
News Australia's Abbott Warns Against 'Game of Thron... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Foo is a liar 1
News The great ALP library: Another book launched (Aug '14) Aug '14 WhyOWhy 1
News Australia repeals controversial carbon tax (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mandela 5
News Racism in Australia (Jul '13) Jul '14 Proud Anglo 133
News Australian PM to spend a week on Aboriginal land (Feb '14) Feb '14 Tony Abbott 1
More from around the web