Asylum seeker laws pass lower house

Asylum seeker laws pass lower house

There are 33 comments on the Yahoo! story from Jun 27, 2012, titled Asylum seeker laws pass lower house. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has warned the Senate it would an act of destruction not to pass laws removing the legal uncertainty over offshore processing of asylum seekers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#21 Jun 27, 2012
Green voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran is a signatory to the refugee convention. The Liberals deported some Asylum Seekers there when Howard was PM.
They were executed.
You must be proud.
The link that refugees deported by Australia to Iran and then executed would be appreciated as I have found no such claim in my search....You need to back up statements like that as having a credible source else you will not be believe unless it can be proved so evidence please...
True Israelite

Airds, Australia

#22 Jun 27, 2012
Green voter wrote:
True Israelite, you come across as a real lightweight.
A tryhard, but a lightweight.
You are a green voter, a watermelom green, a commie, a scumbag, a lost cause.

You are just a bunch of communists parading around under a different colour.

Have you forgotten that the Russian communists were responsible for the deaths of well over 20million people??

Did you know the Chinese communists were responsible for the murders of almost 100million of their own people??

And you were talking about a couple of sand monkey refugees being shot!! Hypocrit!

You lot are absolute abject filth and you all need a dose of your own mass murdering communist medicine.

Perth, Australia

#23 Jun 27, 2012
Green voter wrote:
Abbott demanding that countries be signatory to the refugee convention is the most bald faced piece of grubby hypocrisy anyone is ever likely to witness.
Nauru was not a signatory when it was used by the Liberals for a detention centre. Places like Iran and Zimbabwe ARE signatories. Just breathtaking and I'm surprised any intelligent person would be taken in by this.
But as I say, Abbott has played in to the Greens hands magnificently and we currently have the Greens immigration policy in place in Australia.
You are talking past history things change with knowledge and it is important to remember who is in power NOW we could go on and on about the mistakes and lies of the Howard government and most did but he did stop the boats that is irrefutable....but we move on now under a Labor government rehashing a condition under the then Howard government is not helping us move forward is it...now deal with the fact that Gillards Malaysian policy not going to succeed so instead of harping on come up with a plan that will or reintroduce a past successful one.....and admit that Labor have no idea when it comes to the boat people that is the problem at hand....

Perth, Australia

#24 Jun 27, 2012
Green voter wrote:
Here is some info from the UNHCR regarding the deal between Australia and Malaysia. This highlights very well the hypocrisy of counting out Malaysia based on the UNHCR. The case is certainly there to support the Malaysia deal. I'm very relieved the Liberals are with the Greens on this.
http://unhcr.org.au/unhcr/index.php...
UNHCR Statement: Australia-Malaysia MoU
5 June 2011: UNHCR remains actively engaged and involved in ongoing discussions with Australia and Malaysia on the proposed Memorandum of understanding (MoU) between those two countries.
UNHCR’s recent discussions on this issue relate to a specific and now superseded draft of the proposed MoU, details of which were released on Australian television last Thursday night.
Negotiations and discussions on the MoU have progressed significantly since then.
UNHCR continues to expect that appropriate refugee and human rights protections will be incorporated to any finalized agreement.
In particular, UNHCR insists that special consideration and appropriate protection arrangements will be put in place for vulnerable groups including unaccompanied minors.
UNHCR has noted and welcomed Minister Bowen’s statement yesterday that decisions on unaccompanied minors would be made ‘on a case by case basis’.
These are extremely important protection principles for UNHCR, which we continue to discuss with both governments.
The problem is that it is not finalised, deals haven't been secured not a guarantee that Malaysia will treat these people more humanely than they have in the past....and yet Gillard prior to this thrown together agreement tried to railroad us into a deal with Malaysia without all this information being finalised or given to the oposition to work with or the Greens for that matter....I would think that if you want to change policy that you would be efficient and forward thinking enough to have these things thourouhgly sort before you try to take action in parliament?

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#25 Jun 27, 2012
SOLVE THE PROBLEM, STOP BURDENING THE AUSTRALIAN TAX PAYERS,
PUT THEM ALL ON A PLANE AND SEND TO THE COUNTRIES THEY CAME FROM.
SO SICK OF WELFARE HUNGRY DUMB UNEDUCATED SCUM USING MY TAXES.
Green voter

Adelaide, Australia

#26 Jun 27, 2012
Ahomana, Bottom line, Australia now has the Greens Immigration policy in place. Ask The Liberals how it came about ;)

Since: Jun 12

Australia

#27 Jun 27, 2012
Shove your green crap up your arse,
Whybdont we bring in a policy that all Greens pay the bill for the immigration problem.
Make them take them into there homes..
True Israelite

Airds, Australia

#28 Jun 27, 2012
Green voter wrote:
Ahomana, Bottom line, Australia now has the Greens Immigration policy in place. Ask The Liberals how it came about ;)
That immigration policy is a racist policy. It is based on multiculturalism which is a creation of cultural-marxist scum like yourself and its aim is to help bring about the destruction of the White Race.

Why dont you tell all the people on this forum about your little red book?

My people are finding out the truth about communism, marxism and the 'greens' day by day. Its only a matter of time before you lot are rounded up and are made to disappear.
True Israelite

Airds, Australia

#29 Jun 28, 2012
@Ahomana.
You may have noticed green slime didnt respond to my post about the deaths of millions last century.

They all know they are hypocrits. They know also about the New World Order and the goal of bringing about a Global Communist State but they wont talk about it, they dont want people to start waking up.

Most of them are pretty inept and dont realise that their entire ideology is based on Talmudism.

They're nasty little bunch.

Perth, Australia

#30 Jun 28, 2012
Green voter wrote:
Can't do I don't have a line to the Liberal party, and still waiting on your link about assylum seekers set to Iran by howard and were executed...will I be getting that link anytime soon or doesn't it exist?

Perth, Australia

#31 Jun 28, 2012
True Israelite wrote:
@Ahomana.
You may have noticed green slime didnt respond to my post about the deaths of millions last century.
They all know they are hypocrits. They know also about the New World Order and the goal of bringing about a Global Communist State but they wont talk about it, they dont want people to start waking up.
Most of them are pretty inept and dont realise that their entire ideology is based on Talmudism.
They're nasty little bunch.
Well the next time he talks to you, you should ignore him.....because he is being rude...
Mick

Australia

#32 Jun 28, 2012
Abbott is devilspawn who wants us to be overrun by reffos. You guys are morons because you are his little warriors.
MALBARCACA Controller

Greenford, UK

#33 Jun 28, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't do I don't have a line to the Liberal party, and still waiting on your link about assylum seekers set to Iran by howard and were executed...will I be getting that link anytime soon or doesn't it exist?
Are you an "ASSylum" froseriopus pipi poo?

No wonder, decepticon, that you dance...like a péteux, péteux, péteux, péteux.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julia Gillard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IS, Russia, China: all fascist states (Mar '15) Mar '15 Giligan 2
News Australia Day an uncomfortable reminder of colo... (Jan '15) Feb '15 be fair 40
News Gillard's ex claims he was offered cash (Jun '14) Jun '14 sid 2
News Downsizing Australia's Government and Repealing... (May '14) May '14 NSW is full of fa... 3
News Australian PM defends non-curtsy (Oct '11) Dec '13 ken 49
News Expert Warns Australia May Lose Influence in As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 too right 60
News Australia's first woman leader surprised by sexism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ahomana 7
More from around the web