PM exits APEC after 'inspiring' dad dies

PM exits APEC after 'inspiring' dad dies

There are 21 comments on the Yahoo! story from Sep 8, 2012, titled PM exits APEC after 'inspiring' dad dies. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has described her late father John as her inspiration and says she will miss him for the rest of her life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 10

Dianella, Australia

#1 Sep 8, 2012
It is a sad time for Julia Gillard on the death of her father. I hope she is given time and space to grieve in quiet and that she finds the courage to endure the loss.
:(

Since: Sep 12

Australia

#3 Sep 8, 2012
Julia Gillard paid tribute to her father, saying that he taught her to always believe in labour, the trade unions, placing a price on carbon and not letting any boats worth less than $500000 docking in Australia. She said 3 out of 4 ain't bad but she didn't think she could fulfil his expectations of going into labour.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#4 Sep 8, 2012
As we all know what it is to lose someone we love very much, so we can all feel for Julia Gillard and her family at this time.
Goreg Von Zimmer

Montenegro

#5 Sep 8, 2012
sairla wrote:
As we all know what it is to lose someone we love very much, so we can all feel for Julia Gillard and her family at this time.
Sairla you are to much Nice.......why?
Who cares for Julia Gillard!
She is Anti Australian!
Why do you care?

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#6 Sep 8, 2012
Goreg Von Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>Sairla you are to much Nice.......why?
Who cares for Julia Gillard!
She is Anti Australian!
Why do you care?
I think we can care for others when they are grieving, regardless of whether we would support them politically - this is her personal life, a daughter who has lost her father - we can all recognise and have empathy for that grief.
Chinese Power Ranger

Montenegro

#7 Sep 8, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we can care for others when they are grieving, regardless of whether we would support them politically - this is her personal life, a daughter who has lost her father - we can all recognise and have empathy for that grief.
How old are you Sairla?
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#8 Sep 8, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we can care for others when they are grieving, regardless of whether we would support them politically - this is her personal life, a daughter who has lost her father - we can all recognise and have empathy for that grief.
I hope she too would die.
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#9 Sep 8, 2012
Anglo-Saxon Celt wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope she too would die.
Your reason for living is to hope Australia and the world descends into total racist anarchy , so you can post " I told you so" on the topix forum , and redeem yourself for the endless barrage of garbage you have posted since opening your first account.....and still you have no positive answers.......... ps.com miserations to the Gillard family.)
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#10 Sep 8, 2012
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>Your reason for living is to hope Australia and the world descends into total racist anarchy , so you can post " I told you so" on the topix forum , and redeem yourself for the endless barrage of garbage you have posted since opening your first account.....and still you have no positive answers.......... ps.com miserations to the Gillard family.)
No. I dont want to see the world descend into racist anarchy. You assume too much.

I KNOW its going to descend into racist anarchy because thats part of the plans of the ELite.

There will be racist anarchy for Whites no matter what due to the non-white invasion of our country that is occrring right now. We will have no choice but to take up arms in the near future in order to defend ourselves and secure a future for our families and our children. Right now that security is being taken away from us.
Gypsy

North Fitzroy, Australia

#11 Sep 9, 2012
Terrible family tragedy come soon for Anglo Celt very sad many tears
Foo

Brisbane, Australia

#12 Sep 9, 2012
Anglo-Saxon Celt wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW its going to descend into racist anarchy because thats part of the plans of the ELite.
There will be racist anarchy for Whites no matter what due to the non-white invasion of our country that is occrring right now. We will have no choice but to take up arms in the near future in order to defend ourselves and secure a future for our families and our children. Right now that security is being taken away from us.
....Sounds like you'd cut your wrists , or have a complete nervous meltdown ,long before that ever happens......you got kids?....poor buggers must be basket cases.....
Good Aussies

Gex, France

#13 Sep 9, 2012
Foo wrote:
<quoted text>....Sounds like you'd cut your wrists , or have a complete nervous meltdown ,long before that ever happens......you got kids?....poor buggers must be basket cases.....
You aren't cut out for troll work. Stick to the inner core workings. No more public utterances.

Understand?
Drovers-Dog

Loganlea, Australia

#14 Sep 9, 2012
In the end the masses will rise up. Its the silent majority that suffer in silence. Neither side of politics has bitten the bullet and made any iron clad decisions. As happened in Germany in the 1930's with the rise of Adolf Hitler the danger here is that some radical could come to power as a result of problems that are currently engulfing this nation. Immigration and the over the top benefits that these people are receiving are top of the agenda.
Labor sux

Palmyra, Australia

#15 Sep 9, 2012
Shame it wasn't the ranga slag Jew-liar that died. It would become a permanent public holiday for us all to celebrate her death.

Die Jew-Liar DIE!!!!!!
Elias

Australia

#16 Sep 9, 2012
Drovers-Dog wrote:
In the end the masses will rise up. Its the silent majority that suffer in silence. Neither side of politics has bitten the bullet and made any iron clad decisions. As happened in Germany in the 1930's with the rise of Adolf Hitler the danger here is that some radical could come to power as a result of problems that are currently engulfing this nation. Immigration and the over the top benefits that these people are receiving are top of the agenda.
What are you sniffing? there's an election next year.

“NO ANZUS”

Since: Nov 10

Southern California

#18 Sep 9, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
It is a sad time for Julia Gillard on the death of her father. I hope she is given time and space to grieve in quiet and that she finds the courage to endure the loss.
:(
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-ne...

Watched video in above link. Uneducated Father started work at 14 years old. Worked two jobs and instilled WORK ETHIC in his daughter Julia. Moved his sickly daughter from Wales to Australia. AND today shes a leader of a prosperous nation.

Like unappreciated movie character George Bailey,Gillards father HAD a WONDERFUL LIFE. Must be beyond difficult for PM at this time.

Since: Dec 10

Dianella, Australia

#19 Sep 9, 2012
Mr Humbert wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/political-ne...
Watched video in above link. Uneducated Father started work at 14 years old. Worked two jobs and instilled WORK ETHIC in his daughter Julia. Moved his sickly daughter from Wales to Australia. AND today shes a leader of a prosperous nation.
Like unappreciated movie character George Bailey,Gillards father HAD a WONDERFUL LIFE. Must be beyond difficult for PM at this time.
Nice sentiments Humbug...
Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#20 Sep 10, 2012
RIP John Gillard.
Sonny

Adelaide, Australia

#21 Sep 10, 2012
It should be noted this man allowed his wife to carry full term this piece of shit, he should punched her in the guts and saved alot of heartache
Elias

Australia

#22 Sep 11, 2012
Sonny wrote:
It should be noted this man allowed his wife to carry full term this piece of shit, he should punched her in the guts and saved alot of heartache
Your a nasty peice of work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julia Gillard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IS, Russia, China: all fascist states (Mar '15) Mar '15 Giligan 2
News Australia Day an uncomfortable reminder of colo... (Jan '15) Feb '15 be fair 40
News Gillard's ex claims he was offered cash (Jun '14) Jun '14 sid 2
News Downsizing Australia's Government and Repealing... (May '14) May '14 NSW is full of fa... 3
News Australian PM defends non-curtsy (Oct '11) Dec '13 ken 49
News Expert Warns Australia May Lose Influence in As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 too right 60
News Australia's first woman leader surprised by sexism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ahomana 7
More from around the web