Rudd was 'given no warning'

Rudd was 'given no warning'

There are 57 comments on the Sunday Mail story from Feb 25, 2012, titled Rudd was 'given no warning'. In it, Sunday Mail reports that:

KEVIN Rudd says none of his Cabinet ministers told him they were unhappy with his performance before he was dumped as Prime Minister.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunday Mail.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

May the Force be with You .

#42 Feb 29, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree with you Nev, it has been 20 odd months and it is still playing on peoples minds, the spill has refreshed everyone for the next 20 months....not everyone will continue with the online consistant attack because the spill definately decided for me and I believe a lot of Labor voters how we will vote when the time comes. I personally have never been as sure of anything as I am about any other previous election except the last Howard term, and the 2010 election...and I stuck to my guns then...so I don't believe you have realised how annoyed most Labor voters are at the coup in 2010, we would have succeeded in getting labor out if it wasn't for a handful that went for the Greens because they didn't want to jump all the way...but I think they know how to remove them this time. No Labor, no Greens or anyone who gives labor their preferences....then they are out...and good riddance I say....
Who then voted in Julia at the last election ?
northeast_summer

Prospect, Australia

#43 Mar 5, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
The ALP is gonesville seeing they ignored the very people who put them into office.
People put him in office to get rid of WorkChoices. My neighbour's dog could have won that 2007 election, had it been able to convince people that WorkChoices would be bitten.

All other PM candidates before Julia Gillard had Rupert Murdoch's approval. Remember Rudd visiting him in New York? Remember Tony Blair visiting Murdoch on Hamilton Island? Gillard will continue to get a bad press because she did not seek or get Murdoch's approval, meaning unlike her predecessors she did not 'discuss' her political plans with Murdoch.

Apparently even the Chinese took objection to Rudd's too pro-American line. Surely, a former diplomat could have handled that with a little more sensitivity. We do not need to kowtow to China, but we do not need to provoke them either. Incindentally, kowtowing to America in the Asian century is a little counterproductive, but the dreaded Marines in Darwin were planned under Howard. We were deceived.

Rudd needed to be replaced, but if the Murdoch papers had had a hint, they would have been so aggressive that the changeover might have been jeopardized. They were deceived - we are even. The art of the possible - politics.

#44 Mar 5, 2012
northeast_summer wrote:
<quoted text>
People put him in office to get rid of WorkChoices. My neighbour's dog could have won that 2007 election, had it been able to convince people that WorkChoices would be bitten.
All other PM candidates before Julia Gillard had Rupert Murdoch's approval. Remember Rudd visiting him in New York? Remember Tony Blair visiting Murdoch on Hamilton Island? Gillard will continue to get a bad press because she did not seek or get Murdoch's approval, meaning unlike her predecessors she did not 'discuss' her political plans with Murdoch.
Apparently even the Chinese took objection to Rudd's too pro-American line. Surely, a former diplomat could have handled that with a little more sensitivity. We do not need to kowtow to China, but we do not need to provoke them either. Incindentally, kowtowing to America in the Asian century is a little counterproductive, but the dreaded Marines in Darwin were planned under Howard. We were deceived.
Rudd needed to be replaced, but if the Murdoch papers had had a hint, they would have been so aggressive that the changeover might have been jeopardized. They were deceived - we are even. The art of the possible - politics.
In politics one must always seek Ruperts permission to win the election with their money paid to him for suppport.
u bewdy

Darwin, Australia

#45 Mar 6, 2012
Ruperts empire is crumbling

“common sense isn't common”

Since: Oct 11

Adelaide, Australia

#46 Mar 6, 2012
As for Rupert Murdoch, anyone who watched the hearings in England where some little fat upstart of an MP tried to make a name for himself by going after a very confused old shell of a man who is now a bit vulnerable and the hate mongers in the UK are circling his old carcass like a pack of vultures. The interesting thing about the UK, however, is that a majority of people still like Rupert and his Sky News that was supported by UK Troops during the Iraqi war as they called the BBC the Bagdad Broadcasting Corporation because of the bias of their reporting and demeaning the Troops.
I'll tell you one thing though, when I'm his age I hope I have a wife like his that will take out anyone trying to attack me like his wife did for him (I wouldn't mess with her).
Now that I've had my fun about his body guard I will get back to the big picture. Anytime in this world you take a stand on something your going to find out who the opposition is and that not everyone is going to like you. I think "making it" in this world makes people jealous of you and, therefore, enemies. The big picture here, however is tow pronged, the first being the attack from the top directed at Rupert Murdoch, and secondly the attack from the bottom on Fox News and Sky News. Get rid of these two agencies and you control the press in the UK and the US, and I'm pretty sure (bassed on all the anti-Murdoch activity) I'm not the first to see this.

Adelaide, Australia

#47 Mar 6, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who then voted in Julia at the last election ?
Only half of the electorate remember? then there were the three wise men independents that really ballsed things up and put Julia in charge.

Adelaide, Australia

#48 Mar 6, 2012
u bewdy wrote:
Ruperts empire is crumbling

I tell you again, like him or not if his "empire" does crumble there will be nothing to get the news from because we don't have Radio Free Europe like we did in the 60's beaming the truth into a contorlled press Soviet Union. Also, take a good look at who is reporting the news on the Net these days...mainline news agencies along with all their bias'. Oh sure there are tons of half cocked crazies with their conspiracies, but full truthful news without censorship? Good luck with that!
LMR

Moonee Ponds, Australia

#49 Mar 6, 2012
Addelpated in Adelaide wrote:
As for Rupert Murdoch, anyone who watched the hearings in England where some little fat upstart of an MP tried to make a name for himself by going after a very confused old shell of a man who is now a bit vulnerable and the hate mongers in the UK are circling his old carcass like a pack of vultures. The interesting thing about the UK, however, is that a majority of people still like Rupert and his Sky News that was supported by UK Troops during the Iraqi war as they called the BBC the Bagdad Broadcasting Corporation because of the bias of their reporting and demeaning the Troops.
I'll tell you one thing though, when I'm his age I hope I have a wife like his that will take out anyone trying to attack me like his wife did for him (I wouldn't mess with her).
Now that I've had my fun about his body guard I will get back to the big picture. Anytime in this world you take a stand on something your going to find out who the opposition is and that not everyone is going to like you. I think "making it" in this world makes people jealous of you and, therefore, enemies. The big picture here, however is tow pronged, the first being the attack from the top directed at Rupert Murdoch, and secondly the attack from the bottom on Fox News and Sky News. Get rid of these two agencies and you control the press in the UK and the US, and I'm pretty sure (bassed on all the anti-Murdoch activity) I'm not the first to see this.
You are very naive if you think that Murdoch is confused or weak, and I found the whole "interrogation" rather weak and pathetic and too deferential to the old tyrant.

Here is but one example of how he abuses his power, having decided to pick a fight with a young female because he didn't want to pay her for singing at his wedding wishing to instead give her favourable press, but because she wanted payment he had her phones tapped and tried to extract dirt on her parents.

NEW YORK - Welsh singer and actress Charlotte Church and her parents have settled a phone hacking claim against News International, the U.K. newspaper arm of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

.....The damages and costs were detailed in a court hearing. Church, 26, told the paper that she felt forced to settle because Murdoch's company had threatened to bring up "ancient" stories about an affair her stepfather had and a suicide attempt by her mother.

Adelaide, Australia

#50 Mar 7, 2012
Like I said, "Anytime in this world you take a stand on something your going to find out who the opposition is and that not everyone is going to like you."
Case in point spam judging for expressing an oppinion. I always reserve that for the Russian girls trying to sell sex or trying to get into the country that post in the middle of a topic.
Enjoy that kind of a world, this nation is listed at the top with the likes of Russia and China for suspected internet censorship, check it out on Wikipedia.
Second case in point not members and no names on posts.

Adelaide, Australia

#51 Mar 7, 2012
Oh well, with that I give myself a lemon for getting off the topic that originally was "Rudd given no warning".

#52 Mar 7, 2012
Oh well, with that I give myself a lemon for getting off the topic that originally was "Rudd given no warning".
Do you know what the vote was when Kevin was originally opposed by Julia ?

Adelaide, Australia

#53 Mar 7, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah....no, because it was an old fashioned back room Labor Party election (voters not allowed).
fyi

Ingle Farm, Australia

#54 Mar 7, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no vote the first time around. Rudd resigned.
fyi

Ingle Farm, Australia

#55 Mar 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Ah....no, because it was an old fashioned back room Labor Party election (voters not allowed).
There was no vote. Rudd resigned.

#56 Mar 7, 2012
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no vote the first time around. Rudd resigned.
What I want to know,was Juliar voted in by the majority of the caucus on that day or was it done by a quorum of pre stacked votes seeing 30 members of the caucus stood up for their Labor principles at the last ballot over that of others who thought more of themselves and their personal future.
fyi

Ingle Farm, Australia

#57 Mar 7, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
What I want to know,was Juliar voted in by the majority of the caucus on that day or was it done by a quorum of pre stacked votes seeing 30 members of the caucus stood up for their Labor principles at the last ballot over that of others who thought more of themselves and their personal future.
Whateva. Why not ring Alan Jones and ask him.

#58 Mar 8, 2012
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
Whateva. Why not ring Alan Jones and ask him.
Have a think about it,if a ballot is called who do you align yourself with seeing you are all supposed to be reading the same ALP book and most likely not have any idea of who to vote for out of Julia & Kevin for your own future political safety .
So how does a fair ballot take place ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julia Gillard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IS, Russia, China: all fascist states (Mar '15) Mar '15 Giligan 2
News Australia Day an uncomfortable reminder of colo... (Jan '15) Feb '15 be fair 40
News Gillard's ex claims he was offered cash (Jun '14) Jun '14 sid 2
News Downsizing Australia's Government and Repealing... (May '14) May '14 NSW is full of fa... 3
News Australian PM defends non-curtsy (Oct '11) Dec '13 ken 49
News Expert Warns Australia May Lose Influence in As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 too right 60
News Australia's first woman leader surprised by sexism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ahomana 7
More from around the web