Rudd was 'given no warning'

Rudd was 'given no warning'

There are 57 comments on the Sunday Mail story from Feb 25, 2012, titled Rudd was 'given no warning'. In it, Sunday Mail reports that:

KEVIN Rudd says none of his Cabinet ministers told him they were unhappy with his performance before he was dumped as Prime Minister.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunday Mail.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“common sense isn't common”

Since: Oct 11

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Feb 26, 2012
Did they not warn him or was he, as usual, so busy telling them what he thought that he completely missed their warning?

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Woodlands, Australia

#2 Feb 27, 2012
Addelpated in Adelaide wrote:
Did they not warn him or was he, as usual, so busy telling them what he thought that he completely missed their warning?
You got it in one!

KRudd is so self-absorbed and socially insensitive he would no doubt have missed a string of warnings over time. Therefore when the final warning translated into action, TO HIM it would have come as a 'surprise'. All his career he would have made an art form of neglecting to factor in the sentiments of others. In June 2010 he finally didn't get away with that.

Pity it took someone as unsavory as himself to pull it off.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Feb 27, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it in one!
KRudd is so self-absorbed and socially insensitive he would no doubt have missed a string of warnings over time. Therefore when the final warning translated into action, TO HIM it would have come as a 'surprise'. All his career he would have made an art form of neglecting to factor in the sentiments of others. In June 2010 he finally didn't get away with that.
Pity it took someone as unsavory as himself to pull it off.
He being a former chief of staff and had other pretentous roles to play he would never let it enter his mind that his sky may fall upon him .
This cabre of person within society is used to getting their way or it's the highway even if it's they are wrong .

Location hidden

#4 Feb 27, 2012
Addelpated in Adelaide wrote:
Put yourself in his place by those you thought were there to support you seeing everything he did was passed by the caucus so for those who deposed Kevin Rudd were against the parties principles.
Liberal

Melbourne, Australia

#5 Feb 27, 2012
Rudd's daughter in law is a muslim indian
he is worse than gillard he already caused too many indian, afghan and muslims to dominate australia like in UK
Christine

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Feb 27, 2012
Liberal wrote:
Rudd's daughter in law is a muslim indian
he is worse than gillard he already caused too many indian, afghan and muslims to dominate australia like in UK
PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR ASSASINATION OF KEVIN RUDD.

WE CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE JULI GILLARD AS PM IF ALP IS TO survive.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2012
Christine wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR ASSASINATION OF KEVIN RUDD.
WE CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE JULI GILLARD AS PM IF ALP IS TO survive.
The ALP is gonesville seeing they ignored the very people who put them into office.

Since: Dec 10

Forde, Australia

#8 Feb 27, 2012
I support my mate Rudd leading the Labor party to the 2013 election 100%.
Now in saying that I had to ask myself who convinced him to run knowing he didn't have the numbers or was it in fact when chanel seven who had gotten hold of information about his challenge and confronted him(my mate Kev) with it, only to be told that if they leaked the story He(My mate Kev) would sue...
Is this what pressed him into action earlier than he would have liked?
Either way, when he knew(and they all must have known) he didn't have the numbers why then did he still throw his hat in the ring, why didn't common sense prevail and My mate Kev just sit back and wait for a better time...I will never understand the final reason for this (knowingly) ridiculous and suicidal action.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#9 Feb 27, 2012
VIN Rudd says none of his Cabinet ministers told him they were unhappy with his performance before he was dumped as Prime Minister

IT DOES NOT TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT THAT THIS WAS A COUP D'ETAT INSTIGATED FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAUSED BY RUDD'S STAND ON GLOBAL POLITICS.
Betty

Melbourne, Australia

#10 Feb 27, 2012
DENG wrote:
VIN Rudd says none of his Cabinet ministers told him they were unhappy with his performance before he was dumped as Prime Minister
IT DOES NOT TAKE A GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT THAT THIS WAS A COUP D'ETAT INSTIGATED FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAUSED BY RUDD'S STAND ON GLOBAL POLITICS.
THE QUESTION WILL BE ALWAYS: why those faceless men did not say anything about KEVIN RUDD until now????

i agree that KEVIN RUDD WAS assassinated for something else

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2012
I little bit of scuttle buck I picked up when in Canberra a couple of months ago.

Rudd was dumped for a number of reasons, other than his leadership qualities. which is not different to any of these deranged leaders. What really pissed lots of them off was he had refused to join the parliamentary prayer group, telling them his association with god was above theirs.

They were to scared to put a christian up in case Rudd spilled th beans, so used gillard to get rid of Rudd and he couldn't say a think as she is an atheist.

This current little exercise was designed to get rid of Rudd once and for all, so they could pout forward the candidate they want to lead the Labor faction.

They were successful in installing Abbot, a fundamentals christian and within the next 6 months gillard will be dumped and the one they have been pushing will be elected.

Keep your eyes on the GG's son in law, he has an agenda which will shock many people.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

#12 Feb 27, 2012
why those faceless men did not say anything about KEVIN RUDD until now????

RUDD IS TAKING THE COMMON SENSE APPROACH WHEN IT COMES TO CHINA BY USING A BALANCED POSITION OF AVOIDING THE MILITARY ALLIANCES THE U.S. SEEMS BENT ON CREATING IN ASIA.

DENG wrote:

THE QUESTION WILL BE ALWAYS: why those faceless men did not say anything about KEVIN RUDD until now????

Betty wrote:
<quoted text>

Forde, Australia

#13 Feb 27, 2012
Palawa wrote:
I little bit of scuttle buck I picked up when in Canberra a couple of months ago.
Rudd was dumped for a number of reasons, other than his leadership qualities. which is not different to any of these deranged leaders. What really pissed lots of them off was he had refused to join the parliamentary prayer group, telling them his association with god was above theirs.
They were to scared to put a christian up in case Rudd spilled th beans, so used gillard to get rid of Rudd and he couldn't say a think as she is an atheist.
This current little exercise was designed to get rid of Rudd once and for all, so they could pout forward the candidate they want to lead the Labor faction.
They were successful in installing Abbot, a fundamentals christian and within the next 6 months gillard will be dumped and the one they have been pushing will be elected.
Keep your eyes on the GG's son in law, he has an agenda which will shock many people.
Rudd spilled the beans about what exactly...I am having trouble following that train of thought...did you miss something out?
And there is no way even if Shorten gets up there that any decent Rudd loving supporter would vote for him and the major part he played in the original coup....stupid in the belief that Rudd could get back is one thing...but to vote for Shorten is definate isanity.
LMR

Braybrook, Australia

#14 Feb 27, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
I support my mate Rudd leading the Labor party to the 2013 election 100%.
Now in saying that I had to ask myself who convinced him to run knowing he didn't have the numbers or was it in fact when chanel seven who had gotten hold of information about his challenge and confronted him(my mate Kev) with it, only to be told that if they leaked the story He(My mate Kev) would sue...
Is this what pressed him into action earlier than he would have liked?
Either way, when he knew(and they all must have known) he didn't have the numbers why then did he still throw his hat in the ring, why didn't common sense prevail and My mate Kev just sit back and wait for a better time...I will never understand the final reason for this (knowingly) ridiculous and suicidal action.
Maybe he knew he wasn't going to win but that the thought that he could once again become leader would rouse more support from the public and he might use that support later to shore up the leadership before the next election.

Since: Jan 12

Where The Wild Things Grow

#15 Feb 27, 2012
LMR wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he knew he wasn't going to win but that the thought that he could once again become leader would rouse more support from the public and he might use that support later to shore up the leadership before the next election.
That makes sense, he has put it out there to the public that he wishes to lead the party - maybe a psychological maneuver.
Wyatt erp

Park Orchards, Australia

#16 Feb 27, 2012
I am having trouble following that train of thought...did you miss something out?

He is always missing out.

Doesn't get it, lives in a fools paradise.

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#17 Feb 27, 2012
DENG wrote:
why those faceless men did not say anything about KEVIN RUDD until now????
RUDD IS TAKING THE COMMON SENSE APPROACH WHEN IT COMES TO CHINA BY USING A BALANCED POSITION OF AVOIDING THE MILITARY ALLIANCES THE U.S. SEEMS BENT ON CREATING IN ASIA.
DENG wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of garbage.

For starters, KRudd wasn't "assassinated" as he's still well and truly alive... he was 'deposed' as Prime Minister. Get the word right.

Secondly, there have been other very obnoxious PM's who made life difficult for their off-siders, he's not the first. Definitely not a good enough reason to oust a PM elected BY THE PEOPLE.

Thirdly, there's been a vendetta against KRudd ever since he started throwing money down the drain trying to save this country from the GFC.

On the surface he could be seen to have done a bit of initial "saving" but we now have a debt our Grandchildren will still be paying off, if they ever can, and every week, businesses close down and people lose jobs. "Saving the economy" was all an illusion and people fell for it.

So when you hear the words "our economy is doing well", translate that to "the power brokers in parliament and the Unions are doing well".

There is a whole lot more to KRudd's downfall than what we are being told.

Forde, Australia

#18 Feb 27, 2012
LMR wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because he knew at that point and was maybe trying to show the people (not only the caucus) that he had their support so that when he failed (as he must have known he would) the people would not feel that he had let them down by being a dumb ass(which he was) the public would then put the blame on the caucus for not doing the people's will.
I will always blame the caucus for his demise in 2010 but My mate Kev only has himself to blame for the last idiotic attempt, to proceed against all odds regardless of cost to us and himself he let us all down this time.
LMR

Braybrook, Australia

#19 Feb 27, 2012
sairla wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense, he has put it out there to the public that he wishes to lead the party - maybe a psychological maneuver.
Political commentator Hugh Rimmington made that suggestion yesterday on the radio. He also said that Paul Keating wrested the leadership from Bob Hawke in the same way.
scooterman

Glenroy, Australia

#20 Feb 27, 2012
Kevin was removed with the help of the US stooge Mark Arbib for pursuing a foreign policy path contrary to the US Admin's wishes. He told the Yanks about the leadership tensions between Rudd and Gillard months before the actual people who they are supposed to represent (i.e. Australian voters) knew anything at all.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/arbib-revea...

So why did an highly ambitious 40-year-old political careerist decide to resign as soon as Gillard won the leadership ballot, less than three months after he was made assistant treasurer? Why so suddenly, do you really think it was because he suddenly needed to spend more time with his kids?

Or are his services no longer required given that too much has been revealed to the public about his covert and anti-democratic dealings and he is therefore seen as a political liability?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julia Gillard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IS, Russia, China: all fascist states (Mar '15) Mar '15 Giligan 2
News Australia Day an uncomfortable reminder of colo... (Jan '15) Feb '15 be fair 40
News Gillard's ex claims he was offered cash (Jun '14) Jun '14 sid 2
News Downsizing Australia's Government and Repealing... (May '14) May '14 NSW is full of fa... 3
News Australian PM defends non-curtsy (Oct '11) Dec '13 ken 49
News Expert Warns Australia May Lose Influence in As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 too right 61
News Australia's first woman leader surprised by sexism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ahomana 7
More from around the web