Australian Speaker of the House steps...

Australian Speaker of the House steps aside amid sexual harassment allegations

There are 1 comment on the Feministing story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Australian Speaker of the House steps aside amid sexual harassment allegations. In it, Feministing reports that:

Slipper, who defected from the Liberal party last year, thereby giving Julia Gillard's government a razor-thin majority, has denied the allegations made by his former aide in federal court last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Feministing.

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#1 Apr 24, 2012
Anyone accussed of misconduct or criminal activity should step down and their pay suspended until they have been exonerated....No boss in the private sector would tolerate a person working for them if they have alledged charges pending against them....
All Governments should endevour to protect the public interest before that of an individual MP, I would have thought that would be a no brainer....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Julia Gillard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IS, Russia, China: all fascist states (Mar '15) Mar '15 Giligan 2
News Australia Day an uncomfortable reminder of colo... (Jan '15) Feb '15 be fair 40
News Gillard's ex claims he was offered cash (Jun '14) Jun '14 sid 2
News Downsizing Australia's Government and Repealing... (May '14) May '14 NSW is full of fa... 3
News Australian PM defends non-curtsy (Oct '11) Dec '13 ken 49
News Expert Warns Australia May Lose Influence in As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 too right 61
News Australia's first woman leader surprised by sexism (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ahomana 7
More from around the web