The U.S. Holds the Key to Duvalier Pr...

The U.S. Holds the Key to Duvalier Prosecution

There are 1 comment on the Dissident Voice story from Mar 1, 2013, titled The U.S. Holds the Key to Duvalier Prosecution. In it, Dissident Voice reports that:

Port-au-Prince, February 28, 2013. I am in the courtroom for a hearing on the cases charging that Jean-Claude Duvalier committed massive human rights violations during his tenure as Haiti's president from 1971 to 1986.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dissident Voice.

Fortunate1

United States

#1 Mar 3, 2013
The US is no moral compass with regards to true justice. Duvalier, was the head of a brutal dictatorship and this trial should put his wrongdoings on the public record. I support this process. I would also support the the process of bringing the US government up on charges regarding the killing of Haitian protesters during the 1915 occupation, the theft of Haiti's gold reserves from the National Bank, their role in compounding Haiti's burdensome, extortive debt to France stemming from the illegal 1825 indemnity, etc, etc. Perhaps the US is reluctant to push for Duvalier justice because it would shine a more intense light on their own dirty line of injust acts to Haiti; particularly during the 20th century. Duvalier's crimes against his people is alleged to have occurred with that same century. Ironic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jean-Claude Duvalier Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Baby Doc' shows up to court: A score for Haiti... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Chilliwest 2
News 'Baby Doc' appears in Haiti court (Feb '13) Feb '13 chilliwest 1
News All Eyes in Haiti on Duvalier Hearing (Feb '13) Feb '13 africhaiti 3
News Ex-Haiti dictator 'Baby Doc' Duvalier due in co... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Chilliwest 2
News Haiti Bad Times for Baby Doc (Oct '11) Oct '11 Damien Marx 1
News Jean-Claude Duvalier taken to Haiti hospital af... (Mar '11) Sep '11 alamanderajokalet... 11
News Will 'Baby Doc' Duvalier ever face justice in H... (Sep '11) Sep '11 wow 1
More from around the web