Egypt lifts ban on veiled TV anchors

Egypt lifts ban on veiled TV anchors

There are 5 comments on the CNN story from Sep 2, 2012, titled Egypt lifts ban on veiled TV anchors. In it, CNN reports that:

Fatma Nabil made history Sunday as she became the first veiled woman to read the news on Egyptian state television.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#1 Sep 2, 2012
Now, if most US news anchors would just hide their faces in shame... ;-)
Orville

Portland, OR

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Spotted Girl wrote:
Now, if most US news anchors would just hide their faces in shame... ;-)

If I knew the specifics of your comment, I may or not, agree.

I remember when all women had head a small head covering in my community. And on the first date a man dare not even think about touching . A Kiss was considered "WOW". We even has a womans parts listed as ..Kiss-first base, Breast fondle-second base, ET....

Now look at our society.

Spotted Girl

“The Spotted Girl News Network”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Orville wrote:
<quoted text>
If I knew the specifics of your comment, I may or not, agree.
I remember when all women had head a small head covering in my community. And on the first date a man dare not even think about touching . A Kiss was considered "WOW". We even has a womans parts listed as ..Kiss-first base, Breast fondle-second base, ET....
Now look at our society.
Absolutely.
Nuke Mecca

Blacklick, OH

#4 Sep 3, 2012
Islam, what a sick joke!
takashi ueda

Osaka, Japan

#5 Sep 3, 2012
she might as well put a bag over her head...what's the matter with Egyptians these days...they should know their history and see how great their country was, how they could build pyramids in that desert in thousands BC. It is that, that they should look up to and not those radicals Arabs, what good have that done to them? They shoukd be proud of their heritage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hosni Mubarak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hard times in Egypt stoke labor unrest, showdow... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News (Memorial Day) Weekend Reading: Mubarak's Mansi... (May '14) Aug '15 Martin garey 2
News Turkey's Evolving Syria Strategy (Feb '15) Feb '15 Dander 1
News The U.S. is complacent as Egypt repeats its his... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Faith 3
News Analysis: Egypt's revolution is dead (Nov '14) Nov '14 mjjcpa 1
News Egyptian court jails 23 activists for protestin... (Nov '14) Nov '14 disturbing 1
News Whistleblowers say USAID's IG removed critical ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Welfare Recipient 1
More from around the web