Assad's Unlikely Allies: Who In The West Is Supporting The Maligned Syrian Dictator, And Why

Apr 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: International Business Times

Free Syrian Army fighters carry their weapons as they sit in attention during the declaration of the formation of Al-Liwaa brigade in Binnish in Idlib province March 21, 2013.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
judith kay Fitzpatrick

Peru, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

when you get aid from usa add some white vans though ,,I mean in the Mezzeh 86
ibfxuscoc

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

I couldnt read the article my kyocera mobile phone kept crashing but briefly no doubt aided by the anger of wasting 20 minutes reading the first 2 paragraphs i will misanthropically hold forth, ahem. Thank goodness that blowhard christopher hitchens is still dead. Here in the states we would have us on penalty like burton in beckett of not intervening yet when humanity is etc. Britain we want your 1st s not your 3rds from oxford. Send your 3rds to nz or tanzania. Don t export more turds like hitchens to the us. Anway, here is my problem with the article. Did you like my hitchen s diatribe? Of course not. I also don t like being led down a path, namely, being set up by a hook, and then, a straw man, and then 2 paragraphs later no sight of the main idea. And how dare any writer use the phrase tantalyzing close when it comes to describing democratic forces in the me. What a shell game! Who are culprits but i was not tantalyzing close to the 4th or 5th paragraph.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Excellent Article!!!
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Yes a good article, it does point out the fact that the west could have eliminated assad by now but chooses to keep the country in a state of war... I didn't know about these other moderate minorities co-existing before the uprising began, this diversity in a muslim context is something rare and has been demolished in egypt, it shouldn't be allowed to dry up in syria either.
Syrian

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The West is beginning to see that Assad is doing a good job eliminating both AlQaeda terrorists and Islamic extremists!
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Syrian wrote:
The West is beginning to see that Assad is doing a good job eliminating both AlQaeda terrorists and Islamic extremists!
There's a slim chance that's what the west thinks, I believe the reasoning is more diabolical...
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a slim chance that's what the west thinks, I believe the reasoning is more diabolical...
What is your theory?
Falcon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> What is your theory?
I mentioned it in this article: Hagel to arrive to finalize arms deal, discuss Iran, Syria... Its in my second paragraph.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Falcon wrote:
<quoted text>
I mentioned it in this article: Hagel to arrive to finalize arms deal, discuss Iran, Syria... Its in my second paragraph.
I see. Good points!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••