Sweden won't decry 'Aftonbladet' article

Sweden won't decry 'Aftonbladet' article

There are 22 comments on the Jerusalem Post story from Aug 23, 2009, titled Sweden won't decry 'Aftonbladet' article. In it, Jerusalem Post reports that:

The Israeli-Swedish ping-pong over an offensive article in the Swedish Aftonbladet daily continued over the weekend, with Jerusalem calling for a Swedish government condemnation of the article, and Stockholm pointedly refusing to do so.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jerusalem Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shirley Max

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Aug 25, 2009
God bless Sweden for standing up to politically correct harassment or intimidation tactics. The Swedish paper never made the accusation. They merely reported it being made by Arab interviewees.

Were I the Swedish prime minister, I might even consider breaking off ties with Israel should Israel make good on Lieberman's threat to revoke Aftonbladet's permission to operate in Israel. After all, how much does Sweden need Israel for? They have neither a significant Jewish community, nor any serious economic or military need for Israel.
speak out citizens

Sweden

#2 Aug 26, 2009
The problem with Swedish politicians is that they lack courage just like Swedish people in general. Swedish people are unfortunately afraid of the zionists labelling them as anti-semitic. I fully agree with you that Sweden should break off ties with Israel, but that will not happen unfortunately. And I would certainly welcome European countries barring Israelis from visiting. The sanctions against South Africa proved efficient and so would sanctions against Israel do.
Shirley Max

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Aug 26, 2009
speak out citizens wrote:
The problem with Swedish politicians is that they lack courage just like Swedish people in general. Swedish people are unfortunately afraid of the zionists labelling them as anti-semitic. I fully agree with you that Sweden should break off ties with Israel, but that will not happen unfortunately. And I would certainly welcome European countries barring Israelis from visiting. The sanctions against South Africa proved efficient and so would sanctions against Israel do.
The name of this post was Vivek Golikeri; I don't know how it became "Shirley Max." I posted it. However, I don't agree with the South Africa analogy. Israel, like America, is basically a legitimate system with some illegitimate activities.

Welcome Israelis who come for legitimate reasons. Do business with Israel. But the moment either Israel or western Jews dare to intimidate FREE SPEECH, tell them to go commit suicide. I am infuriatedly sick and tired of the self-annointed Bagel Mafia trying to tell other people what is appropriate or inappropriate to say.

Sure, if some hoodlum defaces a synagogue with swastikas, I too want the book thrown at them. But if the ADL and others don't like "hate speech" or whatever, somebody needs to tell them the First Amendment was ratified by the Founding Fathers, not by the kosher rabbinate.
brynababy

Canyon Country, CA

#4 Aug 26, 2009
Freedom of Speech does not include absurd, outrageous, hate-mongering lies. That's libel!
Casual Observer

Kulpsville, PA

#5 Aug 26, 2009
brynababy wrote:
Freedom of Speech does not include absurd, outrageous, hate-mongering lies. That's libel!
Certainly, just prove the claims are 'absurd, outrageous, hate-mongering lies'.

You Jews screeched 'libel' at Carter's book as well as the Mearshimer and Walt book, and AIPAC spent a fortune trying to find inaccurate statements in those books and came up empty.

But, before that please post that extensive list of ancient jewish contributions you've been promisisng for some time now.

THAT'S libel.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#7 Aug 26, 2009
brynababy wrote:
``

WELL THIS CERTIANLY ISN'T LIBEL

I wonder if this story has any connection to the bust last month in NJ about selling organs on the black market.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534838,00...

Rabbi Caught in New Jersey Corruption Sting Called Himself Kidney 'Matchmaker'
Saturday, July 25, 2009

NEWARK, N.J. Levy Izhak Rosenbaum of Brooklyn called himself a "matchmaker," but his business wasn't romance.

Instead, authorities say, he brokered the sale of black-market kidneys, buying organs from vulnerable people from Israel for $10,000 and selling them to desperate patients in the U.S. for as much as $160,000.

The alleged decade-long scheme, exposed this week by an FBI sting, rocked the nation's transplant industry. If true, it would be the first documented case of organ trafficking in the U.S., transplant experts said Friday.

"There's certainly cross-national activity, but it hasn't touched the United States or we haven't known about it until now," said University of Pennsylvania medical ethicist Arthur Caplan, who is co-directing a U.N. task force on international organ trafficking.

Rosenbaum was arrested Thursday, 10 days after meeting in his basement with a government informant and an FBI agent posing as the informant's secretary. The agent claimed to be searching for a kidney for a sick uncle on dialysis who was on a transplant list at a Philadelphia hospital.

"I am what you call a matchmaker," Rosenbaum said in a secretly recorded conversation. "I bring a guy what I believe, he's suitable for your uncle." Asked how many organs he had brokered, he said: "Quite a lot," the most recent two weeks earlier.

COULD THOSE UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE FROM ISRAEL BEEN PALESTINIANS???/
Zinfab

Ogden, UT

#8 Aug 26, 2009
Shirley Max wrote:
But if the ADL and others don't like "hate speech" or whatever, somebody needs to tell them the First Amendment was ratified by the Founding Fathers, not by the kosher rabbinate.
You seem confused over what freedom of speech is.

Condemning vile and hateful slander does not infringe on a person's freedom. You're right to say something, even something hateful, does not shield you from the negative reactions of normal decent people.

"Freedom" means the government does not shut down this newspaper, it does not mean that negative opinions of what this paper says are not vocalized.
Bravo

Smith River, CA

#9 Aug 26, 2009
Learn the Truth about the Lying, Thieving, ZionistASSHOLES!!

http://www.bollyn.com/index.php#article_11310

Mossad Motto:
By way of deception, thou shalt do war.

Write to President Obama and ask him to Stop sending our U.S. Tax Dollars to the Israeli Parasites!!
brynababy

Canyon Country, CA

#10 Aug 27, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly, just prove the claims are 'absurd, outrageous, hate-mongering lies'.
You Jews screeched 'libel' at Carter's book as well as the Mearshimer and Walt book, and AIPAC spent a fortune trying to find inaccurate statements in those books and came up empty.
But, before that please post that extensive list of ancient jewish contributions you've been promisisng for some time now.
THAT'S libel.
Well, since I have a LIFE, a very busy productive Life, I only have time to do a few at a time. So let's start with:

1. The Ten Commandments

2.(This from an American History Book in a Colorado High School)
No group has had a greater historical impact from such comparatively insignificant origins and resources, or has put up with as much persecution as have the Hebrews. Hebrew scriptures make up the Old Testament of the Christian Church. The Bible has had the greatest single influence on religion, ethics, and literature of the West. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all rooted in the scriptures of the Hebrews.
Casual Observer

Kulpsville, PA

#11 Aug 27, 2009
brynababy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since I have a LIFE, a very busy productive Life, I only have time to do a few at a time. So let's start with:
1. The Ten Commandments
2.(This from an American History Book in a Colorado High School)
No group has had a greater historical impact from such comparatively insignificant origins and resources, or has put up with as much persecution as have the Hebrews. Hebrew scriptures make up the Old Testament of the Christian Church. The Bible has had the greatest single influence on religion, ethics, and literature of the West. Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all rooted in the scriptures of the Hebrews.
I've noticed that while you are living this 'very busy productive life' of yours, you have managed to post a few dozen OTHER messages, while avoiding answering the claim you have made about ancient jewish contributions.

You have still not shown a single one, the two you have posted here are laughable at best.

You have nothing, jews made ZERO ancient contributions to civilization, living completely off of the achievements of others for 4900 years.
beyond chutzpah

Bradenton, FL

#12 Aug 27, 2009
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>``
WELL THIS CERTIANLY ISN'T LIBEL
I wonder if this story has any connection to the bust last month in NJ about selling organs on the black market.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534838,00...
Rabbi Caught in New Jersey Corruption Sting Called Himself Kidney 'Matchmaker'
Saturday, July 25, 2009
NEWARK, N.J. Levy Izhak Rosenbaum of Brooklyn called himself a "matchmaker," but his business wasn't romance.
Instead, authorities say, he brokered the sale of black-market kidneys, buying organs from vulnerable people from Israel for $10,000 and selling them to desperate patients in the U.S. for as much as $160,000.
The alleged decade-long scheme, exposed this week by an FBI sting, rocked the nation's transplant industry. If true, it would be the first documented case of organ trafficking in the U.S., transplant experts said Friday.
"There's certainly cross-national activity, but it hasn't touched the United States or we haven't known about it until now," said University of Pennsylvania medical ethicist Arthur Caplan, who is co-directing a U.N. task force on international organ trafficking.
Rosenbaum was arrested Thursday, 10 days after meeting in his basement with a government informant and an FBI agent posing as the informant's secretary. The agent claimed to be searching for a kidney for a sick uncle on dialysis who was on a transplant list at a Philadelphia hospital.
"I am what you call a matchmaker," Rosenbaum said in a secretly recorded conversation. "I bring a guy what I believe, he's suitable for your uncle." Asked how many organs he had brokered, he said: "Quite a lot," the most recent two weeks earlier.
COULD THOSE UNFORTUNATE PEOPLE FROM ISRAEL BEEN PALESTINIANS???/
.......... Brooklyn and LI , NY and Broward County , fl. are hotbeads of judeo - fascism ........ ex- judges GERALD GARSON , Mark Ciavarella , harvey shenberg , Brucie Raphan , jay spechler and robert lance andrews raised millions to finance the zionist scheme of ethnic cleansing in PALESTINE and Lebanon ........ All jews are not zionists .... all zionists are not jews ....... all zionists are theocratic racists .... like JOHN HAGEE , bILL kRISTOL , Baruch Goldstein . bernard baruch , AVI MOMBACH , Shuyster Luyster and BUGSY SELTZER MARRA .
Zinfab

Ogden, UT

#13 Aug 27, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
You have nothing, jews made ZERO ancient contributions to civilization, living completely off of the achievements of others for 4900 years.
I don't believe I understand what you're getting at. The Ten Commandments is an achievment with tremendous far reaching influences. The Bible itself would be considered a great achievement in literature. Monotheism, written law, the Hebrew language...all of which would considered acievements. What's is your point?
Casual Observer

Kulpsville, PA

#14 Aug 27, 2009
Zinfab wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I understand what you're getting at. The Ten Commandments is an achievment with tremendous far reaching influences. The Bible itself would be considered a great achievement in literature. Monotheism, written law, the Hebrew language...all of which would considered acievements. What's is your point?
Irrational superstitious belief based upon a fictitious book is a 'great achievement'?

Morality had existed for centuries before the ten commandments, moral people don't need a code of acceptable conduct written out for them.

Humans wouldn't have survived for 200,000 years if their were no morals.

Besides, monotheists have regularly shown themselves to be the most immoral people on the planet.
Zinfab

Ogden, UT

#15 Aug 27, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:

Irrational superstitious belief based upon a fictitious book is a 'great achievement'?
yes, if it shapes western civilization (and a good deal of Eastern civ) for thousands of years to come, then it's a "great achievement".
Casual Observer wrote:

Morality had existed for centuries before the ten commandments, moral people don't need a code of acceptable conduct written out for them.
I didn't claim Jews invented morality, but encoding them is a big step forward.

And yes, moral people do need a code. That's how they become moral people.
Casual Observer wrote:

Besides, monotheists have regularly shown themselves to be the most immoral people on the planet.
No argument there, but it's still considered a step forward.
Casual Observer

Kulpsville, PA

#17 Aug 28, 2009
Zinfab wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, if it shapes western civilization (and a good deal of Eastern civ) for thousands of years to come, then it's a "great achievement".
Even if it results in hatred, intolerance, murder, mayhem and war?
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Aug 28, 2009
brynababy wrote:
I agree, but Aftonbladet did not make the libel. They just reported what Arab interviewees told them. If anything, the paper did Israel a favor by bringing to light that these hateful rumors are being spread. Instead of letting Aftonbladet investigate further and find whoever is spreading the libel, Israel throws a tantrum.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Aug 28, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>

Where do you get this preposterous statement? Marx, Freud, Einstein, Spinoza...I could go on. Dr. Jonas Salk invented the polio vaccine. The contributions of Jews to humanity are almost endless.

Your post accuses Jews of being parasites. Even without the Bible, they have given immeasurably. Yes, there certainly is a parasitical element among them. But this world would have much poorer had Jews never existed.
Casual Observer

Kulpsville, PA

#20 Aug 28, 2009
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this preposterous statement? Marx, Freud, Einstein, Spinoza...I could go on. Dr. Jonas Salk invented the polio vaccine. The contributions of Jews to humanity are almost endless.
Your post accuses Jews of being parasites. Even without the Bible, they have given immeasurably. Yes, there certainly is a parasitical element among them. But this world would have much poorer had Jews never existed.
I'm talking about great ANCIENT contributions to civilization, not the ones that have happened in the lase century.

Can you name any?

Incidentally, Freud and Einstein were clearly atheists, and Einstein adamantly opposed the creation of Israel.

the bible is not a contribution to anything except hatred and intolerance.
Blah

United States

#21 Aug 28, 2009
Funny. Israel is always riding its moral high horse, and they constantly preach about civil rights, individual liberties and tolerance. Yet, when those freedoms are practiced in a way that's inconvenient to them, it's libel, racism, hate-mongering, etc. LOL
SID KORSHAK

United States

#22 Aug 29, 2009
ALLON TAL et al wrote:
<quoted text>.......... APARTHEID SOUTH AFRICA and RACIST , ZIONIST ISRAEL were both born in 1948 under edict by corrupt zionist poodle HARRY TRUMAN .......... The judeo - fascists have been using ETHNIC CLEANSING on innocent palestinians and Lebanese ever since ......... the zionists from the KOSHER NOSTRA have been destroying the ecology with great sadism ...... israel promised to make the dessert bloom .... instead they use mafia money to create a toxic mess .
.......... If the zionists had truth on their side they would not have set up the kosher nostra , AIPAC , WINEP and NPR to mislead the world about ISREALI atrocities like the murder of RACHEL CORRIE and the 34 USA sailors on the USS LIBERTY and seven more on the USS COLE ......... why do zionists bribe the CONGRESS and send a fifth column of JONATHAN POLLARD , Bill Kristol , patrick poole , mark broxmeyer , Ari Nekritz , GENE MOSS , Douglas Feith , Richard Perle , PAUL WOLFOWITZ , Mark Ciavarella , gERALD gARSON , Donald Rumsfeld , mike nifong , mike mukasey , mike huckabee , JON VOIGHT , Grace Chung Becker , monica goodling , et al .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fredrik Reinfeldt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Swedish PM calls first snap vote in 50 years af... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Zeppelin 1
News Sweden's far-right rises amid immigration debate (Sep '14) Sep '14 gulf 1
News Merkel urges PM to avoid 'threats' (Jun '14) Jun '14 EdSed 1
News Ukraines say force, not sanctions will stop Mio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Insane Inane McCain 1
News Merkel: US spying has shattered allies' trust (Oct '13) Oct '13 xyz 2
News Obama: Congress, world credibility on line (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jedi Daal 20
News Obama says he didn't draw the red line on Syria... (Sep '13) Sep '13 woodtick57 5
More from around the web