Libya solution 'taking shape'

Jul 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press On-Line

SOLUTION POSSIBLE: France's Prime Minister Francois Fillon delivers a speech during a debate about Libya at the National Assembly in Paris.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2011
Ben

Cameroon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Its unfortunate for what is happening in Lybia.It difficult to beleive what the western world is doing arming rebels to over throw a legitimate regime. SHAME to them for the shall not succeed.Thank african leaders for thier firm decision against the attack.Africans can find solutions for their problems let the west leave us alone.
Military Man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Ben wrote:
Its unfortunate for what is happening in Lybia.It difficult to beleive what the western world is doing arming rebels to over throw a legitimate regime. SHAME to them for the shall not succeed.Thank african leaders for thier firm decision against the attack.Africans can find solutions for their problems let the west leave us alone.
Obama's Libyan conflict was just a total waste of taxpayer's money. They should have attempted a diplomatic solution from the beginning. Now thousands of people have been killed and millions of dollars have been wasted.
vidal r ramoso

Nouméa, New Caledonia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Ghadaffi shorted of finances? oh come on! Ghadafi's fighter never think of finances. They are not the same minded like you! cannot do work without finances. Ghadaffi's soldiers will fight till the last bullet they have till they have breath up to the gates of hades, never stopping to depend their beloved country. Look this bastard reports another lies of pschywar is spread to demoralized Ghadaffi troops. No sir, the huge reservist in civilian ranks is not not yet mobilize to enter into battlefront and they are waiting for their time. You want to prove? do you think only Libyan is supporting Ghadaffi? how about those righteous countries who loves righteousness and hate evil deeds? Do you think they will not do something. You miscalculate you bad news sir. You are crockodiles also. Bro Vidal Ramoso
meow

Sarnia, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Ben wrote:
Give me a break. Hitler's government was more legitimate than Gadhafi's government.
StormRider

Porto, Portugal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

meow wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break. Hitler's government was more legitimate than Gadhafi's government.
Yeah, Hitler actually got to power thanks to free elections....then again....that says a lot about democracy, doesn't it ?
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Well heir Ghadaffi materialized in Tripoli again. This time he is talking very violent. He is not talking about negotiations he is talking like a mad man going through a divorce. He says if the Rebels take control of Libya he is setting all the oil field on fire ie if I cannot have it no one can. He is no longer rallying the troops he is asking for martyrs, can you believe it martyrs, to step forward and die for beloved Libya. I don't see him dying for Libya or his kids, nope he will give pieces of gold to martyrs that will carry the explosives to the oil fields and no one will know who they are. These people are not martyrs, martyrs are someone doing something goof or ALL people not just a corrupt leader.

I am not sure what Ghadaffi did to Turkey but he sure pissed them off and now they are willing to get into the fight with Nato et al and rid the world of Ghadaffi.

Does Ghadaffi still have allies, not sure, but there are countries like Somalia that need cash very badly and I am sure would take him in if he would turn over gold or cash for a hidden location.
jeferson

Ingelheim, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

There is one fraction in Libya which tends to kill Gadafy and one milion his suportes send in exil.This is minority in Oposition but they have stil influence on some more militant rebels
Spark

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

meow wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break. Hitler's government was more legitimate than Gadhafi's government.
And you, and Western Governments, are to decide that! Libyan people are fighting along Qaddafi; they obviously see him as legitimate. And you on the West are stuck to one model of government to the point that you are ready to bomb other countries, and send your people to kill and get killed, to push your model on everybody else. But, why don’t you simply enjoy your ways, and let other people organize their lives their own way?
Military Man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

jeferson wrote:
There is one fraction in Libya which tends to kill Gadafy and one milion his suportes send in exil.This is minority in Oposition but they have stil influence on some more militant rebels
The majority of the people in Western Libya support Quaddafi. This is why these rebels have been unable to win.
apeer

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

meow wrote:
th so called rebels terrorist are like poison for a peaceful country.so Gaddhafy should more active to wipe out those poison from Libya. Its his responsibility to protect his country man from Nato and terror attacks
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

apeer wrote:
<quoted text>th so called rebels terrorist are like poison for a peaceful country.so Gaddhafy should more active to wipe out those poison from Libya. Its his responsibility to protect his country man from Nato and terror attacks
Apeer, you have not answered the questions of why the exile to Iceland if you were hunted by terrorists, or was this a lie.

Ghadaffi cannot hunt anyone, he is the hunted. His troops are now refusing to follow his orders of destroy all oil installations when you leave because if we cannot have the oil no one can. His troops are starting to realize his mental instability and want to do what is right for the country not for Ghadaffi.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Military Man wrote:
<quoted text> The majority of the people in Western Libya support Quaddafi. This is why these rebels have been unable to win.
It is also the city with the bulk of the army that will shoot anyone that opposes heir Ghadaffi, so go from there
Military Man

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

George wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also the city with the bulk of the army that will shoot anyone that opposes heir Ghadaffi, so go from there
And this is why the rebels will never win without US and NATO bots on the ground.
Afghanistan Vet

Mooresville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Military Man wrote:
<quoted text> And this is why the rebels will never win without US and NATO bots on the ground.
Which will not happen, so the best the rebels can get will be a stalemate. The best solution now with the least amount of bloodshed, would be to just Divide Libya in half.
George

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Military Man wrote:
<quoted text> And this is why the rebels will never win without US and NATO bots on the ground.
I did not used to think this way, but now I think that the US, UK, and France should put boots on the ground, end the war, put a council in place until a government is elected by the people and move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Francois Fillon Discussions

Search the Francois Fillon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollande faces calls for parliament vote on Syria (Sep '13) Sep '13 Hahaha 2
Rivals dispute leadership of France's conservat... (Nov '12) Nov '12 rio 1
Sarkozy puts role of ECB back on French electio... (Apr '12) Apr '12 peter tucker 2
Obama, Sarkozy discussed oil market conditions:... (Apr '12) Apr '12 liza 14
Butchers beef up French presidential campaign (Mar '12) Mar '12 Wilberhum 1
$100 million for climate change (Oct '08) Mar '12 Tintely 5
Credit rating slashed, France promises reforms (Jan '12) Jan '12 neobyzantine 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••