UN warns Togo against coup reprisals

UN warns Togo against coup reprisals

There are 1 comment on the Independent Online story from Apr 21, 2009, titled UN warns Togo against coup reprisals. In it, Independent Online reports that:

The United Nations' top regional envoy has warned Togo's government to respect the country's laws as it seeks those responsible for an apparent attempted coup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Independent Online.

one day

Tacoma, WA

#1 May 15, 2009
Why U.N believes now that the despotic government of Togo will respect the Togo laws and the international laws. This kind of arbitrary arrest and violation have been taking place in Togo for almost 40 years now. His daddy government never respects any laws and the actual government of Faure Gnassingbe will continue to follow his father, Gnassingbe Eyadema steps. Who are in the government of Togo? They are the same barons who have served in Eyadema government. In Togo, is the president who represents the judiciary power, the executive power and the legislative power. The three branches of the justice department is control by the president of Togo. U.N warning is fake and hypocrite. Who cares if Gnassingbe Eyadema generation decides to kill each other? One must wonder why the only university of lome (Togo) students are still studying political science or law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Faure Gnassingbe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ghana to export water to Togo (Sep '13) Sep '13 Mr agent 2
News Emperor meets with Togo president, talks about ... (Jun '11) Jul '13 Mr john 2
News Gnassingbe confirmed as Togo's president (Mar '10) Jul '13 constitutional co... 3
News My visit to Japan will yield results - Prez Mahama (Jun '13) Jun '13 Elliot 1
News Togo rocked by reform protests (Jun '12) Jun '12 Akoji 1
News Pakistan, 3 others, added to U.N. Security Council (Oct '11) Oct '11 Pug 5
News About 900 Ivorian refugees in Togo (Apr '11) Apr '11 Lucy Ann Carter 1
More from around the web