GUYANA- Cops accused of setting boy's genitals on fire

Nov 11, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Voice

GUYANESE PRESIDENT Bharrat Jagdeo is facing calls for a public inquiry into security forces' tactics after a series of cases where cops allegedly tortured suspects during questioning.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Nov 13, 2009
Danny

Toronto, Canada

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Disgusting. Are you tactics really necessary? I don't think so... What if the shoe was on the other foot???

Since: May 09

Georgetown, Guyana

#2 Nov 11, 2009
Danny don't you think what he did was far worst than what he went through?

I'm not saying that it was right but we have to look on the other side of this story, he did murder an innocent man...
zamba

Toronto, Canada

#3 Nov 11, 2009
What has happened to the concept of'Innocent until proven guilty'? Has that gone out the door in this 'dumb down' society where ETHNICITY trumphs INTEGRITY.

Georgetown, Guyana

#4 Nov 11, 2009
zamba wrote:
What has happened to the concept of'Innocent until proven guilty'? Has that gone out the door in this 'dumb down' society where ETHNICITY trumphs INTEGRITY.
Your right, what the policemen did was uncalled for. And trust me they would be punished for there acts.
zamba

Toronto, Canada

#5 Nov 12, 2009
ADMIN,
I posted a comment in responseto Observer re; cops accused of setting boy's genitals on fire' about 15 mins ago. Did not see it displayed.Just wondered why?
zamba

Toronto, Canada

#6 Nov 12, 2009
Observer,in light of the prevailing evidence of the recent past of allegations of torture and of official response,your reply has a hollow ring about it.

Govt. on the one hand give tacit consent by alluding to roughing up'in reference to allegations of torture and then claiming' a no tolerance policy. At the least it is an ambiguous stance but more so it insult the intelligence of the general public and aroused suspicion.

Govt. also cannot distance itself from this 'infraction.'People take their cue from their leaders.This was the prevalent belief during Burnham's time. How has that changed.
The point I am making is that you cannot 'shift the goal post as it suits you.

Georgetown, Guyana

#7 Nov 13, 2009
zamba wrote:
Observer,in light of the prevailing evidence of the recent past of allegations of torture and of official response,your reply has a hollow ring about it.
Govt. on the one hand give tacit consent by alluding to roughing up'in reference to allegations of torture and then claiming' a no tolerance policy. At the least it is an ambiguous stance but more so it insult the intelligence of the general public and aroused suspicion.
Govt. also cannot distance itself from this 'infraction.'People take their cue from their leaders.This was the prevalent belief during Burnham's time. How has that changed.
The point I am making is that you cannot 'shift the goal post as it suits you.
I'll tell you whats changed, the time.
This isnt Burhnam's time this is Jagdeo's time and you as well as i know that its a total different change, and for the best.
zamba

Toronto, Canada

#8 Nov 13, 2009
Ob_server wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you whats changed, the time.
This isnt Burhnam's time this is Jagdeo's time and you as well as i know that its a total different change, and for the best.
Do not assume what I know. Address the subject and the context of my response.I do not care whose time it is. The commission of this barbaric act and the glossing over by responding that it is Jagdeo's time now is so symtomatic of a dumbed-down society of vulgar inclinations.

If you can 'sweep under the carpet 'all the obviosly glaring negatives of the society by claiming 'change,and for the best'then it makes no sense to continue this discussion .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bharrat Jagdeo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over 130,000 school uniform vouchers released (Aug '10) Jun '14 Woodie54 15
Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) May '14 Woodie54 28
guyana govt cocaine delegation in suriname (Sep '13) Feb '14 embellished 2
How to build an inspiring 2014 (Jan '14) Jan '14 Tracy 1
Jagdeo elected head of Global Green Growth Inst... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Bonjon 3
guyana's president hanging with ed ahmad & othe... (Jun '12) Jun '12 kwame 2
Jagdeo: Stop sleep-walking on climate change (Apr '12) Apr '12 Nana 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bharrat Jagdeo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••